Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,320 members, 7,950,622 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (395296 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
neksummi: I was selected! Thank God.
congratulations bro. I've passed half way with my business proposal that was rejected, I got my cac certificate early this month. When the business succeeds, I'll mock this program at every interview I attend.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 7:08am On Jul 23, 2014
blink182: congratulations bro. I've passed half way with my business proposal that was rejected, I got my cac certificate early this month. When the business succeeds, I'll mock this program at every interview I attend.
Congrats to you on still working to achieve your plan. That your proposal wasn't chosen doesn't mean that it's not good enough. Infact it could make you the next 'Dangote'. But coming to say you'll mock the program when you succeed is really absurd. You should understand that even if all the business proposals are perfect, there's no way everyone can be chosen. We should really commend the FG for this program, and most of all, for the level of transparency involved. YouWin and the Pressid scholarships still gives me great hope that corruption can be wiped out and Nigeria can be great again smiley
Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by wakes: 8:24am On Jul 23, 2014
Omaobe: I was actually doing the biz registration stuff at the CAC office in Ibadan yesterday when I got the Interview invite mail. I paid N750 in total: N500 for name search availability and N250 for biz name registration as a YouWiN applicant. I was asked to pay the N10,000 registration fee to complete the process immediately but I was not financially muscular. It seems nah express road registration dey take for YouWiN applicant in Ibadan o! I am trying to run around to pay and complete it ASAP.
Hello Omaobe, are you registering a Limited liability company or just Biz name for the N10,000? Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Oluwajohn: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2014
wakes:
Hello Omaobe, are you registering a Limited liability company or just Biz name for the N10,000? Thanks.
@Wake i registered LLC and i spent about 30k (8k for stamp duty, 19k for the registration, 1k for name search and reg form and another 1k for notary public signature, 1k for printing, photocopy, bank draft charge etc...) that's excluding transport to the place several times and i prepared the memorandum of association etc.. myself and am still yet to get the certificate
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
obiscolly:
Congrats to you on still working to achieve your plan. That your proposal wasn't chosen doesn't mean that it's not good enough. Infact it could make you the next 'Dangote'. But coming to say you'll mock the program when you succeed is really absurd. You should understand that even if all the business proposals are perfect, there's no way everyone can be chosen. We should really commend the FG for this program, and most of all, for the level of transparency involved. YouWin and the Pressid scholarships still gives me great hope that corruption can be wiped out and Nigeria can be great again smiley
Good luck!
It is sure absurd, I said that for saying sake. Starting a business is no child's play at all. How far did you go with this program, are you among the finalists?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2014
blink182: It is sure absurd, I said that for saying sake. Starting a business is no child's play at all. How far did you go with this program, are you among the finalists?
Oh well..
Yeah, I've been shortlisted for the interview.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2014
obiscolly:
Oh well..
Yeah, I've been shortlisted for the interview.
Congratulations bro. Is it a new or existing business?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2014
blink182: Congratulations bro. Is it a new or existing business?
Thanks. A new one.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 10:51am On Jul 23, 2014
blink182: congratulations bro. I've passed half way with my business proposal that was rejected, I got my cac certificate early this month. When the business succeeds, I'll mock this program at every interview I attend.

Childish! Go and ask all those successful businessmen in Alaba, Ladipo and other places in Nigeria how many of them were given free money from the Federal Govt. So because you were not selected after all the noise you made earlier before the 1st stage selection, you will now mock the program. Good luck to you.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2014
stagger:

Childish! Go and ask all those successful businessmen in Alaba, Ladipo and other places in Nigeria how many of them were given free money from the Federal Govt. So because you were not selected after all the noise you made earlier before the 1st stage selection, you will now mock the program. Good luck to you.
I already treated this issue with obiscolly so I'll have to ignore you. So sorry.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by steve002(m): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2014
applied but wasn't shortlisted. struggle continues

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2014
[size=15pt]Please did any of the winners here submit a technology start up-ie a fully online business?[/size]
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Dreamtouch: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2014
Thank God for the exceeding grace and favour....Please how many people were invited for the interview in total?Any idea...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dreamtouch: Thank God for the exceeding grace and favour....Please how many people were invited for the interview in total?Any idea...
No one will say with any degree of certainty except YouWiN but from the look of things may be 1200 to 1500 considering those that were not successful are far more than those that were successful. This just going by sample of those around me.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2014

Thanks man and congrats on your business success. As someone said earlier, that you weren't selected doesn't mean your biz idea isn't good. Go on guy! All the best.

blink182: [size=15pt]Please did any of the winners here submit a technology start up-ie a fully online business?[/size]

I did. Online business na the only thing wey I sabi! Anything?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
neksummi:

Thanks man and congrats on your business success. As someone said earlier, that you weren't selected doesn't mean your biz idea isn't good. Go on guy! All the best.

I did. Online business na the only thing wey I sabi! Anything?
wow, I'll send you a message.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
I'm thinking that ICT have more advantage in this YouWiN 3. What is your take on this.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omode2(m): 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
You dont have habour resentment towards YOUWIN its just one of d avenue to raise capital. I understand many have built castle in d air wtout first winning d grant.i also lost out in d first round bt have moved on with my business. I also helped someone reach d second stage and has registered wt CAC bt was not chosen.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Please who knows what we are to expect from the interview? will they ask us to practically demonstrate the skills we claim to have or will they ask us questions about the plan we wrote? I'm just trying to be prepared.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2014
obiscolly:
Good luck!

MORE GREEN TO UR ELBOW BROTHER, YOU RE NOT SUCCESSFUL DOES NOT MEAN YOUR A FAILURE AND MOCKING YOUWIN PROGRAM IS OUT OF IT. REMEMBER "WHATEVER WE THOUGHT ABOUT, THANK ABOUT, WE BROUGHT ABOUT" SO ALWAYS BE POSITIVE. SHALOM!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2014
steve002: applied but wasn't shortlisted. struggle continues

NEVER SAY STRUGGLE CONTINUES! WHICH EVER YOU BELIEVE YOU SHALL RECEIVE IN DUE TIME. "LAW OF ATTRACTION" SO IF YOU BELIEVE IN STRUGGLE THUS SHALL YOU SEE BUT IF YOU SEE YOURSELF AS A SUCCESS, YOU SHALL RECEIVE. PEACE BE ONTO YOU.....

5 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Dreamtouch: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2014
Al tinx r urs!! Decree it...That's hw the attraction begins
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
CoolKizzy: Please who knows what we are to expect from the interview? will they ask us to practically demonstrate the skills we claim to have or will the ask us questions about the plan we wrote? I'm just trying to be prepared.

Tune in to BBC Knowledge on DSTV by 7pm, on weekdays and watch Dragons Den. Pay particular attention to the questions asked by Duncan Bannatyne. You will get an idea of what it means to defend a proposal to attract funding.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
@blink182, I'v been observing u and I discovered dat u'r too overconfident in ur ability and arrogant in ur disposition. These aint d qualities of a destined-to-succeed man God has made u to be.

Try to always calm ur cool, consider oda pple's pieces of advice, take ur time and analyse issues or anyfin b4 u react. If I can still remember, u submitted ur proposal d first day YouWiN opened dr site for application? Dat ur beautiful idea/plan cud av been ranked d best if u had taken ur time b4 u submitted. Now keep a cool head as u'r abt to actualize ur biz plan.

Young man, this is just an advice for u and even all of us. Note dat 'if u calm ur eyes, u'll see ur nose', goes d Yoruba adage. I wish u and all of us d very best.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by matrix9: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
I was not selected for the award but my friend was selected. What about we the 4,800 are they going to give us at 1,000,000 or we are just losers.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
stagger:

Tune in to BBC Knowledge on DSTV by 7pm, on weekdays and watch Dragons Den. Pay particular attention to the questions asked by Duncan Bannatyne. You will get an idea of what it means to defend a proposal to attract funding.

so much grammar. what happened to answering the question since you do watch it?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
Omaobe: @blink182, I'v been observing u and I discovered dat u'r too overconfident in ur ability and arrogant in ur disposition. These aint d qualities of a destined-to-succeed man God has made u to be.

Try to always calm ur cool, consider oda pple's pieces of advice, take ur time and analyse issues or anyfin b4 u react. If I can still remember, u submitted ur proposal d first day YouWiN opened dr site for application? Dat ur beautiful idea/plan cud av been ranked d best if u had taken ur time b4 u submitted. Now keep a cool head as u'r abt to actualize ur biz plan.

Young man, this is just an advice for u and even all of us. Note dat 'if u calm ur eyes, u'll see ur nose', goes d Yoruba adage. I wish u and all of us d very best.
Thanks bro, this means a lot to me. My flaw started when my fixed cost was over 40% by a wide margin which was the trench Max. Truth is if they were serious about that which I now believe they are, it was automatic disqualification for me. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 1:41am On Jul 25, 2014
CoolKizzy:

Madam, my sister won close to N10m using some of these coaching techniques from YouWIN 2 for our family business. Now I am about securing a venture capital investment in agric from an Israeli firm. We used to watch that program, take notes and analyse everything that the dragons would say or comment about a business plan, then we used this to prepare the business plan that won the maximum she applied for.

The lesson here: the skill stays with us. Permanently.

You are waiting for me to go to market, buy the ingredients, cook the soup, serve you the soup, then scoop the soup into your mouth, probably chew the meat for you and swallow the soup for you. Rubbish!

Better go and learn to fish and stop depending on handouts. IF YOU CANNOT PAY THE PRICE TO GET AN INVESTMENT, YOU SHOULD BECOME A CIVIL SERVANT.

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 7:15am On Jul 25, 2014
CoolKizzy:

This is rude and very immature.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2014
blink182: Thanks bro, this means a lot to me. My flaw started when my fixed cost was over 40% by a wide margin which was the trench Max. Truth is if they were serious about that which I now believe they are, it was automatic disqualification for me. Thanks again.
No I don't believe that is the problem.

My fixed cost was around 60% and I was selected.

I however am bringing in additional 3m cash in 6 months time. This was explicitly stated in the cash flow.

there was no place where it was explicitly stated that your fixed cost must be 40% in stage 2.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 11:57am On Jul 25, 2014
To all guys celebrating, better get prepared for the interview.

There are more than 1200 people selected for interviews.

If you got selected, go and prepare. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
Denn:
No I don't believe that is the problem.

My fixed cost was around 60% and I was selected.

I however am bringing in additional 3m cash in 6 months time. This was explicitly stated in the cash flow.

there was no place where it was explicitly stated that your fixed cost must be 40% in stage 2.

I was referring to stage 1, I did not pass stage 1 and you most likely scaled through because you adequately explained your high fixed cost and the injection of N3m which will most likely be to take care of recurrent expenditure.

When you and other successful candidates here receive their grants, I will be asking for your business plans to make comparison.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (149) (Reply)

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.