Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,390 members, 7,978,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:48 PM

Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details (857 Views)

Nigeria Revenue Drops To 5-year Low As Tax, Oil Income Fall / Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra / Top 5 Most Corrupt Government Agencies Siphoning Nigeria's Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details by tzetzefly(m): 11:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
The Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) finally decided to publish details of the legitimate salaries and allowances carted home by the members of the National Assembly.

The publication came in form of a public notice signed by Usman I. Garndawa, the Acting Secretary of RMAFC, who decided to publish this so as to avoid misinformation and misrepresentation of facts.

It’s incredible that the court order was not a strong enough reason in the past. The facts he attempted to clarify included that it is wrong to lump all salaries and allowances into yearly totals because some of them are not yearly but are paid once in 4 years.

Those include furniture allowance and severance gratuities, while vehicle loan is optional and is expected to be repaid before the end of the tenure.

The RMFC has arranged the allowances received by senators and members of the house of representatives as released by RMAFC in the table below:

ALLOWANCES: SENATORS , REPS

1. Accommodation: N4 million, N3.97 million

2. Vehicle Loan: (Once in 4 years) N8 million, N7.94 million

3. Furniture Allowance: (Once in 4 years) N6 million, N5,956 million

4. Severance Gratuity: (Once in 4 years) N6.09 million, N5.956 million

5. Vehicle fuelling and maintenance:
N1.52 million, N1.489 million

6. Constituency Allowance: N5 million, N4.985 million

7. Domestic Staff: N1.519 million, N1.488 million

8. Personal Assistant: N506,600, N496,303

9. Entertainment: N607,920, N595,563

10. Recess: N202,640, N198,521

11. Utilities: N607,920, N397,042

12. Newspapers/Periodicals: N303,960, N297,781

13. House Maintenance: N101,321, N99,260

14. Wardrobe: N506,600, N496,303

www.thescoopng.com/how-much-legislators-earn-revenue-commission-finally-releases-details-see-table/
Re: Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
I now see a valid reason David Mark want to remain the "Mugabe" of Nigeria senate. The Nigeria state is totally in state of utter cataplesy with the catholicity of thieves everywhere. I feel highly comatosed when poor tribal champions castigate themselves on Nairaland and those you claim to defend enthocentrically trade your future and those Nigerians yet unborn. Spritually speaking, i now also see reasons young and sextually active couples struggle to bear children these days. Children have all bargain with GOD and refused to settle in this jungle made up of political criminals tagged NIGERIA except for the heavenly husler we see everyday. lol. Another questions that come to mind for nairaland tribalist is WHO IS A PROGRESSIVE? Is it the ACN senators and rep members that fail to agitate for a cut of these monies but satanically bank them at detriment of poor Nigerians but sneak to media houses to proclaim progressives or the PDP and CPC senators claiming to fight for Nigerians not to talk of the APGA and the judases in Labour party candidates that none have ever sponsor a bill even for the suffering working class. Whether IBO, YORUBA, HAUSA, IJAW etc the bottom line is an average Nigeria is a by-product of corruptible seed. Na GOD go punish all of them and those tribal warriors defending the thieving salamanders, na God, make..... I no talk because una suffering na enough punishment self

1 Like

Re: Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 05, 2013
seen.....brb
Re: Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details by Strongfaze(m): 2:19am On Aug 05, 2013
There's a lot in politics. Prepare yourself for that time.
Re: Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details by loopine(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2013
cryI believe that one day God will hear our cry and the downfall of these lawmakers will be swift...until then, new leaders to pilot d affairs of this nation in the nearest future are still going under transfromation....#truce
Re: Legislator's Earnings In Nigeria: Revenue Commission Finally Releases Details by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2013
And I will say it again... Let these maggots and gays swear to amadioha or sango or any other deadly deities in the course of swearing in and use the Bible or koran.

I'm not sure a kobo will be mis-appropriated by any politician at all...

Bunch of rogues.

(1) (Reply)

APC May Adopt GEJ As A Consensus Candidate As Gen. Buhari Is Pulling Out. / I'm Not As Rich As Don Jazzy ––says Atiku / Boko Haram Accepts Dialogue In Fg's Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.