Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,271 members, 7,887,791 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:54 PM

I-league Pitch Invaded By Snakes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I-league Pitch Invaded By Snakes (541 Views)

John Ogu Proposed To Adaolisa On The Pitch (Photos) / John Ogu Proposes To Girlfriend On The Pitch (Photos) / David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I-league Pitch Invaded By Snakes by Lordave: 2:23am On Aug 05, 2013
A match in the Indian I-League narrowly missed the invasion of over a dozen poisonous snakes after Mohun Bagan took on Arrows on Sunday.
The Kalyani Stadium near Kolkata sawthe reptiles slither their way onto the field shortly after a 3-2 win, while they were also spotted near the dressing room as the players were engaged in the game.
No-one was injured, but I-League CEO Sunanda Dhar told The Indian Expresswhen asked if the venue would be banned: "No, we haven't taken such a decision yet. But we have instructed the authorities to take proper measures to ensure that snakes are removed from the premises of the stadium."
Kalyani Municipality chairman PK Sur revealed that the local area had become infested with snakes due to the recent hot weather, while Bagan midfielder Rahim Nabi told the paper:"I for one would be afraid of playing there again."
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1388135/snakes-on-a-pitch:-i-league-venue-infested?src=mobile&cc=3888

Re: I-league Pitch Invaded By Snakes by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:53am On Aug 05, 2013
Hian!
Heeh!
Otokporibo!
Holy Lord of Shiva!
That stadium should be quarantined.
Last Bullet:
I don spoil market for the 1st to comment children. Na me be 1st. But it wont be celebrated with a chicken. I d prefer a goat head.
Re: I-league Pitch Invaded By Snakes by homesteady(m): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2013
Chisos!! See the big snake!! Odikwa very serious oh!
Just imagine if the snakes enter the main pitch

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid To Sign Bale Today. / Discover Why Ozil Won't Quit Madrid / Winning Galore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.