Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,343 members, 7,971,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:14 AM

48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones (12294 Views)

Browse Internet Free For 1 Year / Which Network Is The Best To Browse Internet? / How To Access Facebook Desktop Version On Mobile Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2013
Donmichaelz: That's why we don't think of commiting suiside as we dey think of suiside Etisalat go just send free 15MB,

Really? I use more than 50mb a day.

How many hours can you manage 15mb?
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by REVOLUTNIS: 11:53am On Aug 05, 2013
and so?
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by amiskurie(m): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2013
Yungwizzzy: network providers are really making hell from Nigerians imagine this figure multiplied by their high data rates. and yet one useless organization will sit in the US and report that 90% of Nigerians are poor wurehell. pesin Neva see food chop e go subscribe 4 internet data??
na dem papa poor!
na my papa dem dey supply dem papa.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by An0nimus: 11:57am On Aug 05, 2013
Tolexander: Na BBM, 2go, eskimi, facebook, twitter, e-buddy and nairaland dem dey take am do.
what's this Eskimi? I keep getting sms'es about it angry
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 05, 2013
greaterlove: And some people want us to believe that 80% of Nigerians live below $1 a day!

That many people manage to recharge #100 in a week so they can get MTN 10mb free doesn't mean they are financially okay.
By the way, I am not surprised that MTN subscribers make up more than 50% of the 'internet population'. It may just be due to their free 10mb per week which many poor people are enjoying and using to browse the internet. Thumbs up for MTN.

Many Nigerians still cannot afford a second hand PC or modem that's why they use their cheap nokia and china phones to access the internet. Plus using phones is convenient as it can be carried anywhere.

These statistics proves that nigerians are very much interested in the internet and even though they may not have adequate resources, they are willing to make sacrifices just to be on the internet.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Skmoda360(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
greaterlove: And some people want us to believe that 80% of Nigerians live below $1 a day!
That 1 is a lie from the higher(est) order and formatting statement.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Cutekid54: 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
ehizo25:

That many people manage to recharge #100 in a week so they can get MTN 10mb free doesn't mean they are financially okay.
By the way, I am not surprised that MTN subscribers make up more than 50% of the 'internet population'. It may just be due to their free 10mb per week which many poor people are enjoying and using to browse the internet. Thumbs up for MTN.

Many Nigerians still cannot afford a second hand PC or modem that's why they use their cheap nokia and china phones to access the internet. Plus using phones is convenient as it can be carried anywhere.

These statistics proves that nigerians are very much interested in the internet and even though they may not have adequate resources, they are willing to make sacrifices just to be on the internet.

I beg to differ, Most pple go 4 etisalat not jst because it is cheaper, it is also MORE convenient... Cheap nokia phones really:>? Anyways am gonna reserve my comment on that
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
charlsecy4:

I guess you have not used a PC. Sure.

Monthly stuff is cheaper.
I have two PC s . One super fast gaming desktop pc and one normal laptop but I still prefer my phone
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Skmoda360(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sery777: where is my post
Is with seun
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Moyato(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
sheyie2007: No be money them de pay get the internet service?
i tire oo.na true talk b dat
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by tyking(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
Yea,,dis is 4 sure de truth
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by skimarvel: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
Yungwizzzy: network providers are really making hell from Nigerians imagine this figure multiplied by their high data rates. and yet one useless organization will sit in the US and report that 90% of Nigerians are poor wurehell. pesin Neva see food chop e go subscribe 4 internet data??
u spoke my mind..useless WHO OR UNO or USAID will naw say 150 million nigerians re witout mobile phones..den we will b dubbed 'DARK CONTINENT'.their papa...
What annoys me iz dat '100 million 9jerians live below $1 a day...God punish dem oo.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by ibietela2(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
charlsecy4:

I guess you have not used a PC. Sure.

Monthly stuff is cheaper.

You mean 200MB for 1k is cheaper??
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by ibietela2(m): 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Thanks to Tecno for the Tecno Android phones....

Oga ooooo...... This one you don join me
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by ibietela2(m): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
ehizo25:

ETISALAT FREE MB
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by UyiIredia(m): 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
emmysenior: This should be in the phones section.

However, it's a great news that most people will now have access to infos. But the funny thing is that, most girls and few guys will only facebook, do BBM chat, 2go and will let the remaining bunch/chunk of massive data go with the wind on expiration.

They won't even download novels, read articles, news or better still download songs.

In fact, I'm the opposite. I use BBM and What'sApp on occassion, hardly browse Facebook as I used to, and spend a considerable portion of my time between Nairaland and downloading videos, books and mp3's on various topics.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by sambos994(m): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
And someone organization said 70% or 80% of us live on less then a dollar a day.

Bulls**t...
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by jmslimx(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
i need to tap just five million with my new mobile app damn!!! N10 per download
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by mediachirps(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
emmysenior: This should be in the phones section.

However, it's a great news that most people will now have access to infos. But the funny thing is that, most girls and few guys will only facebook, do BBM chat, 2go and will let the remaining bunch/chunk of massive data go with the wind on expiration.

They won't even download novels, read articles, news or better still download songs.
or better still get online presence reputation.better still either which way forward never will i pay for my data service cause this guys are funny clowns. pinched 50gig from mtn. three. airtel Sims with 19gig each and more open source for cheat.unless they decide to cut down on data charges.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by majalisa(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
Aafulenu: And the network operators cant give us an affordable data plan?
and our govt aint doing anything about it
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by lekkie073(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sicozone:
No 1. What do u mean by they're making hell? Have you been there before? What does ur hell qualify or quantify? Cos i dont think hell iz a rich entity.
No 2. Why would u call some organization useless? What do u know about such org.? What research have you done to validate your statement?
No 3. Don't you know research has been done before such statistics must have been done? The truth is that most Nigerians are poor. That a person can afford a 100 naira for 10mb doesn't mean he's rich. I wonder,why such baseless accusation by you? I think you yourself need to go to the crook and crannies of this nation and see for yourself that Nigeria is a poverty stricken nation irrespective of the figure that 48.3 million people can afford data subscription
Bumkum
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by majalisa(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
An0nimus:
what's this Eskimi? I keep getting sms'es about it angry
is meant for IM Eskimos...u aint an Eskimo,r u?
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Godogwu: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sicozone:
No 1. What do u mean by they're making hell? Have you been there before? What does ur hell qualify or quantify? Cos i dont think hell iz a rich entity.
No 2. Why would u call some organization useless? What do u know about such org.? What research have you done to validate your statement?
No 3. Don't you know research has been done before such statistics must have been done? The truth is that most Nigerians are poor. That a person can afford a 100 naira for 10mb doesn't mean he's rich. I wonder,why such baseless accusation by you? I think you yourself need to go to the crook and crannies of this nation and see for yourself that Nigeria is a poverty stricken nation irrespective of the figure that 48.3 million people can afford data subscription

I don't think he's disputing the fact that most Nigerians are poor and he's not necessarily saying that buying mb makes you rich. Nonetheless the greater population of any country are the poor ones. Frankly any org that says 80%-90% of Nigerians live below $1 or $2 a day is useless. I don't care how many surveys they did because thats totally false. Just like the other person said, someone who is looking for food to eat wouldn't go out and buy mb for Internet access.

1 Like

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Godogwu: 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
PetroDolla: sharaaap. what has GHANA got to do with this?

Like!!, i don't even understand and I'm Nigerian
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by An0nimus: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
majalisa: is meant for IM Eskimos...u aint an Eskimo,r u?
No Sir, are you Eskimo? didn't know Nigeria had Eskimoes grin
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Decapo: where do u come from? U quoted everything to show us how stup!d u are

Help me ask the thing, it lives to display STUPIDITY!
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by expensive007(m): 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
Im your ex: Please, is Nairalanding part of browsing?
JAMB question. U may confirm frm Google
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by olupentane(m): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
I pity mtn dere head must be swollen by now, but did they realize that figure was due to bb subscribtions workin on androids......dis month MTN ma laaaaaa
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Demrich(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
I think MTN is the best because with just 100# you get 10MB but GLO is the worst even with 200# you get nothing, not even 5MB. TOO BAD!
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Ozone4eva: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
Is this really news? angry
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by sovpounds(m): 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
These 48.3 million Nigerians that browse the internet on their mobile phones can make money just by using their phones. If you all wanna know more click the link in my signature or call 08039442732.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Wadosky(m): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Long Have You Used Your Current Smart Phone ? / 9mobile Lost Of Network Anyone Experience Same Issue / Infinix Releases Facial Recognition For Zero 5 Users In Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.