Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,815 members, 7,945,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:12 PM

What's The Big Deal In Football? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Big Deal In Football? (420 Views)

Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos / I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's The Big Deal In Football? by Richbee(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2013
Holla... This is NL, created to air one's mind about various issues and that exactly what I intend doing now. I'm all naïve about football as a sport and might need clearance. Football as it is, is supposed to be for entertainment and fun. I'm not against football as a profession. What I frown at is the 'over_hyping' of this sport. I hear with dismay the ridiculous amount of money given to these players and I wonder within me, is this really the best? Something definitely is wrong! I don't see why someone with little or no formal training would earn 6 to 7 figure as salary and the learned go on strike to get their little allowances paid.
Someone once argued that they are mostly paid by the clubs and the rest, but I'll still ask how much does the govt give to them? I recall a time when they rejected huge amount of money given to them by the govt just because it was short.
I have nothing against them. All I'm saying is that I just do not understand.
Today we see young peeps with nice intellect all running to the pitch just because they knw that it is a sure banker and @ dat we lose our place in science and research.
In time past, the european countries led the world in sciences and researches but today, reports reveals that the asians are getting better @ it. To my own point of view, the europeans are being swept away in the football, entertainment things. The asians, though still involved, gives priority to the essentials.
And we africans we duly follow the europeans thereby killing the reading spirit of our young ones.
Priorities needs to be set.
#just saying#
Re: What's The Big Deal In Football? by Ab025(m): 11:13am On Aug 05, 2013
The problem is u are seeing football as mere entertainment....

It may be mere entertainment in ur eyes

But in d eyes of this professionals, it is their career, their job and d last time I checkd, people get paid for their job

Just like d banker or civil servant, footballers also go to work everyday, just that they dnt do much of writing with their hands, instead their feets do d work. And if u re wonderin why their pay is high, it is not too different frm why Dangote earns more than anyone now in Africa, when u provide the best services and u have a very large market, ur pay will increase....have u ever taken ur time to research howmany people tune their tv set on weekends to watch football, not less than a billion.

(1) (Reply)

Drama As 21-yr-old Accused Asks Magistratefor Food / Boko Haram indicted by the International criminal Court. / Child Marriage: CAN President Plans To Mobilise Nigerians Against Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.