Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,430 members, 7,940,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment (1569 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com / Voguepay Founder Explains His Mission To Disrupt Online Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Rudolfbane: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Culled from Techmoran:

An 18 year-old developer has launched Yolpe.com, an online recruitment platform for members only, that he say will change the way firms hire in Nigeria and Africa.

Izundu told TechMoran, “Some times last year, we started development on a platform that we hoped would transform the future of the job industry and the lives of so many people. We created after months of work what I feel would impact the lives of lots of people.”

Izundu added, “Our service makes finding an employee dead easy and simple for employers/recruiting managers. When utilized, it effectively eliminates job ads, applicant tracking systems, company recruitment portals and the system of applying for jobs by emailingresumes (all which are normally the biggest banes to Hiring), thereby speeding up the employment process. Probably, if you have ever worked as a hiring
manager you would immediately see the glaring need/use of this service.”

He says, traditionally, the recruitment process takes from 3 weeks to more than 2 months before completion but with Yolpe, it can effectively be done in at most 2 weeks depending on volume, finding and sourcing already taken care of, by them.

Yolpe is a medium people where job seekers sign up to connect to firm with job openings without the need for connections or referrals but based on their qualifications, relevance, specialization, company fit and talents. Users get access to employers anytime, anywhere. He says that because most jobs are not advertised traditionally and most employed job seekers do not apply for jobs, Yolpe will help employers recruit the best talent in the market.

“I became interested in recruitment when my dad lost his job. For the past one year, I have had a roller-coaster ride testing out different platforms e.g. an internet job marketing site ( hirepuss.com), social networks for employees to discuss, service for employees to complain about their jobs and warn off prospective companies e.t.c,” said Izundu.

“Then at my internet job marketing site I discovered something. As incredible as this may sound, Job seekers were hardly applying at recruitment portals of small companies nor sent quality resumes. This showed that job seekers were hardly interested in small S.M.Es who were my major clients. In contrast, bigger organizations usually had a surplus on every single job opening which they hate and an interesting number are
usually under-qualified. So there is a surplus on one side and a deficit on the other,” he added.

“Another issue is that you would publish a job opening on The Guardian or on job boards without knowing if you would even get a response or if your application qualified. That’s why if you look closely, you would see companies doing re-runs of their ads especially on
newspaper.”

He then said he discovered that firms did not usually have multiple positions open at once so they usually hire one or two persons to fill the vacancy immediately and mostly through referrals. That’s why he thought Yolpe can help connect users to jobs just as friends do at the work place.
Yolpe.com aspires to solve this problem with a simple solution. Connect job seekers with employers, remove all the middlemen and create pent up demands on both ends and sell it to both sides of the table. Easily.

“At its core, it’s kind of like a dating site (marketplace) for employers and those looking for work, having a noble mission: “To make Job seekers’ information easily accessible Online, enabling employers find them faster, speeding up the Employment process”.

The difference with LinkedIn.com is that LinkedIn is for professional networking but Nigerians need Jobs fast not networking,” he said.

He says he is ready to take on his competitors who include TheLadders.com, Bizreach.com, RegionUP.com and all Job-boards in Nigeria and LinkedIn in general.

Source: http://techmoran.com/ceo-weekends-18-year-old-nigerian-youth-launches-yolpe-com-to-disrupt-africas-job-rectruitment-industry/
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Anyi3(m): 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Off to go sign up...
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
You are: https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle
You talked about this sometime in May.
Now you are claiming to be 18 years because you want to take advantage of teen age to make front page by all means and create a buzz for your yolpe.com.

You just opened this account: https://www.nairaland.com/rudolfbane today and created this thread in Webmasters and Programming sections.

Well, if the pitch works for you, good. I am not even against it making front page, just that it's good for you to know that there are people keeping tabs of things going on here.

1 Like

Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Rudolfbane: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
GraphicsPlus: You are: https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle
Now you are claiming to be 18 years because you want to take advantage of teen age to make front page by all means and create a buzz for your yolpe.com

People don't have to be Lots of years old to make useful stuff. Thankz for commenting...

3 Likes

Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
Rudolfbane:

People don't have to be Lots of years old to make useful stuff. Thankz for commenting...
You can't even deny the post of Graphicsplus, I think he's correct and you are not honourable.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Rudolfbane: 5:28am On Aug 06, 2013
J.N:

You can't even deny the post of Graphicsplus, I think he's correct.

Whats the use? My fingers hurt. also, am new here so i don't know that users are so angonstic. If a blog writes about something and i place it on Nairaland (i thought those were the rules), i don't see y i should xplain myself. You see.
And i also don't know y the webmaster's section are such conspiratory theorists (reading the other comments in other topics will establise what i said).
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:42am On Aug 06, 2013
@OP, sorry but you are not new here. You just created this new account to post this and make front page. If you make front page, good for you. But I want you to know that you are: https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle. And you are probably not 18 years old. You know that Nigerians or humans are vulnerable whenever they see that a teenager has developed something. But I dont see what is ground-breaking in what you are claiming to have done. I mean this is what jobberman has done already and they even have a mobile app for it. You have nothing new to offer. It's just a bunch of php script that will allow people to post their cv and search for jobs. The site is even in 403 Forbidden right now.

You claimed to be new, and the only thread you quickly created in webmasters and programming sections was this thread. You didnt even introduce yourself in the "Webmasters Introduce Yourself thread." Look, you are the owner of yolpe.com. You just pitched on those boys at techmoran to write that thing for you and then you copied, created a new account and pasted the stuff here. Your name is Howard Izundu. So this is your main Nairaland account: https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle. It would have been honourable to post this as update using your main account. People that have read about your former post about your yolpe.com will now know that you got a mention in a blog or you paid techmoran to write about you. Whatever. But because you wanted to trick the moderators, you created a new account to post about your 18 years old startup stuff. When you posted this under this account https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle you never said you are 18 years.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by worldbest(m): 8:12am On Aug 06, 2013
Why can't Nairalanders overlook simple stuffs that cannot hurt them. Bunch of conspiracy theorists just waiting for threads to call a lie. What is your business if he is 18 or not? I am pretty sure that most people who might comment may have decreased/increased their age just to suit various purpose (doesn't make it right). You want to start another Elvis-like conversation on someone's startup. You want to give it bad publicity on Google before it gains traction. Maybe its your new way of increasing popularity. Mind your business old man.

1 Like

Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:29am On Aug 06, 2013
^^^Well you might be wrong. Why must he create a new account to post his startup and claim that he culled it from techmoran?
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by worldbest(m): 8:37am On Aug 06, 2013
Why shouldn't he? He might have his reasons. If I post a lot of crazy/raw/"ashaworific" stuffs on the sexuality board and one day i create something cool and do not wish to be associated with my NL account, I would do same. I might also change my age too if it gets me out of poverty.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2013
Then that is where I come in. There must be some level of sanity here. He should have started by saying that this is his startup and that he got mentioned on techmoran and that we should check it out. It's not telling us that he culled it from techmoran and that he's new here. His lies will not solve anything. We have a way of knowing who is who. Even when you create a thread and then use another account to reply yourself, we have a way of knowing.

He has talked about this yolpe thing in this account: https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle, and he has not stopped operating the account. It's even a sin to have two accounts on Nairaland. So he should even be banned for trying to spam on us.

You said you will change your age if it will take you out of poverty. No sir. It will deep you more into poverty. Age falsification has a way of disgracing someone and take off opportunities from him. Why will I say am 16 years just to score a useless point.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by worldbest(m): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Then that is where I come in. There must be some level of sanity here. He should have started by saying that this is his startup and that he got mentioned on techmoran and that we should check it out. It's not telling us that he culled it from techmoran and that he's new here. His lies will not solve anything. We have a way of knowing who is who. Even when you create a thread and then use another account to reply yourself, we have a way of knowing.

He has talked about this yolpe thing in this account: https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle, and he has not stopped operating the account. It's even a sin to have two accounts on Nairaland. So he should even be banned for trying to spam on us.

You said you will change your age if it will take you out of poverty. No sir. It will deep you more into poverty. Age falsification has a way of disgracing someone and take off opportunities from him. Why will I say am 16 years just to score a useless point.

Well tell that to Mikel and the rest.

1 Like

Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by goldenval(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2013
Now you are claiming to be 18 years because you want to take advantage of teen age to make front page by all means and create a buzz for your yolpe.com.

You just opened this account: https://www.nairaland.com/rudolfbane today and created this thread in Webmasters and Programming sections.

Well, if the pitch works for you, good. I am not even against it making front page, just that it's good for you to know that there are people keeping tabs of things going on here.

I've been watching all your comments so far and I wonder why your life is full of hates and jealousy.

Just leave the Op alone and focus with your own business, are you a woman or a man because only women has such bad habit of gossiping what others are doing.

1 Like

Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2013
^^^The true is that if one thinks he's smart, he may end up finding out that he's just a f0ol.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Otuabaroku: 11:51am On Aug 06, 2013
Good GraphicsPlus. I really like your strong stance on getting things done the right way no matter who is involved. This is the way forward. For the fact that people are now used to doing things the wrong way, does not make it right. Cutting corners and fraud has become the order of the day. It is so bad that this has eaten deep to the system that they see any person trying to get it right as a deviant.

Do not be deterred by them but keep your good works. Well done and more power to your elbow.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by elvis10ten(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
goldenval:

I've been watching all your comments so far and I wonder why your life is full of hates and jealousy.

Just leave the Op alone and focus with your own business, are you a woman or a man because only women has such bad habit of gossiping what others are doing.
lol
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by howardriddle: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2013

Lol. trust me i wanted to make a new post until i discovered another account was already championing my cause. I know Rbane personally and he was the one who told me i was covered already. I introduced him to Nl in the first place and we are in the same school using the same free Isp. You can beef and hate all you can. I am 18 and dazall!! If you like send hired killers. I even pitched this idea to seun in Febuary. I told him my age et all. Am a student of Igbinedion University(if you know what that means, so i ain't trying to scam myslf out of poverty) studying law but wanted to study engineering. So you see. I normally have a lot of respect for you buts that by the way. I study labour law and am not a fool for choosing it if am not passionate about Labour in Nigeria. So please. You just killed the chances of my story ever making it on Fp. I am not elvis oo. I will find you and destroy you if you disturb me again. Be warned troll.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
Anybody attacking GraphicsPlus for saying the truth have another thing in his/her mind. I seldom post on Niaraland because I have many important things to do and posting on this forum is far far down the list.But I have to reply to this seeing that GraphicsPlus just saw what I saw as well
This is what is eating Nigeria up today - dishonesty.Why cant my fellow Nigerians be honest? Why must we follow our fathers and uncle in political high places to keep lying to ourselves? Must we be as corrupt as those before us? See what Nigeria is turned to because of lying and cheating. Can't we stop this? Can't we inspire our younger ones and children who are looking unto us? I have seen many members of Nairaland who create a new post like - hello fellow Nairalanders, this is my latest work. I will be glad if you take a look at this for me. is this simple, honest and honorable? Why must we give on to [b]Publicity stunt?[/b]I know my fellow Nigerians who are hard working and honest and I believe God will honor their hard works and honesty at their own time.
And a fellow Nigerian said we should mind our business and yes, that's what we are doing and we are seriously being labelled as scammmers because of foolishness of fellow Nigerians.Minding of our business, that's exactly what we are doing and our ogas at the top are milking Nigeria, after all it's not our business.
This reminds me of a post by someone here which I actually read some time ago,a domain name that was bought $10,000. Ten thousand dollars.That's over N1.5M. That post almost made me to heat my head on a wall.I hail you my fellow Nigerians. And fyi my 6years old nephew is developing a website that will give Facebook a run for their money grin

1 Like

Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
howardriddle: Lol. trust me i wanted to make a new post until i discovered another account was already championing my cause. I know Rbane personally and he was the one who told me i was covered already. I introduced him to Nl in the first place and we are in the same school using the same free Isp. You can beef and hate all you can. I am 18 and dazall!! If you like send hired killers. I even pitched this idea to seun in Febuary. I told him my age et all. Am a student of Igbinedion University(if you know what that means, so i ain't trying to scam myslf out of poverty) studying law but wanted to study engineering. So you see. I normally have a lot of respect for you buts that by the way. I study labour law and am not a fool for choosing it if am not passionate about Labour in Nigeria. So please. You just killed the chances of my story ever making it on Fp. I am not elvis oo. I will find you and destroy you if you disturb me again. Be warned troll.

The only thing I can tell you is that you are the OP. Simple. You are talking about ip address so that if your ip is checked and matched with the OP, you will say that you told us that both of you use same ip from same school. Old story. Look, you are the OP. Even if you are 18 years, what does that mean? There are boys younger than you that have achieved a lot. You are studying at Igbenedion University? And you want a standing ovation? Well, if not that it will be a complete childishness, I will reel out my antecedents to you. But let's forget it. Where we studied and the course we studied have nothing to do with this thread.

Here is my point. Am not against your startup. But you need to know that you cannot trick some of us.

Your friend was introduced to NL. He saw an article written about your startup. He saw the article before you because techmoran did not inform you on time that they have published your story. He quickly signed up and to reward you for introducing him to NL, he created two threads in webmasters and programming sections for you. You later saw the article on techmoran and you did not create a thread immediately, but you first informed your friend that you want to post the article on NL, he then told you that he has covered you. Just imagine the scenario and then listen to yourself again.

Story.
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by worldbest(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
J.N:
Anybody attacking GraphicsPlus for saying the truth have another thing in his/her mind. I seldom post on Niaraland because I have many important things to do and posting on this forum is far far down the list.But I have to reply to this seeing that GraphicsPlus just saw what I saw as well
This is what is eating Nigeria up today - dishonesty.Why cant my fellow Nigerians be honest? Why must we follow our fathers and uncle in political high places to keep lying to ourselves? Must we be as corrupt as those before us? See what Nigeria is turned to because of lying and cheating. Can't we stop this? Can't we inspire our younger ones and children who are looking unto us? I have seen many members of Nairaland who create a new post like - hello fellow Nairalanders, this is my latest work. I will be glad if you take a look at this for me. is this simple, honest and honorable? Why must we give on to [b]Publicity stunt?[/b]I know my fellow Nigerians who are hard working and honest and I believe God will honor their hard works and honesty at their own time.
And a fellow Nigerian said we should mind our business and yes, that's what we are doing and we are seriously being labelled as scammmers because of foolishness of fellow Nigerians.Minding of our business, that's exactly what we are doing and our ogas at the top are milking Nigeria, after all it's not our business.
This reminds me of a post by someone here which I actually read some time ago,a domain name that was bought $10,000. Ten thousand dollars.That's over N1.5M. That post almost made me to heat my head on a wall.I hail you my fellow Nigerians. And fyi my 6years old nephew is developing a website that will give Facebook a run for their money grin

Screw ur nephew cheesy
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by Djtm(m): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
I dunno why people are always freaked by their age. I know 14yr olds who have accomplished more than the adults on this board. When I was 16, I also felt the same way, "I'm young". T'was not until I saw 14 yr olds designing and developing awesome sites that I couldn't, that I came back to my senses. I also know someone who started his company @that age. Alexander the great conquered the world @19 so, to heaven with your age!!!!
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by howardriddle: 6:13am On Aug 07, 2013
To all those detractors and conspiracy theorists

Rudolfbane: http://biztechafrica.com/article/young-entrepreneur-sets-sights-recruitment-market/6613/?section=internet

Young entrepreneur sets sights on recruitment market

INTERNET
By BiztechAfrica - Aug. 6, 2013, 2:26 p.m.
Image: Howard Izundu. By BiztechAfrica

An 18-year-old Nigerian developer has launched a new recruitment platform aimed at changing recruitment in Nigeria.

The platform, Yolpe.com, has been launched in Beta and is designed to match job seekers and recruiters in the region.

Developer and ‘Chief Evangelist’ Howard Izundu says he became interested in the recruitment space when his father was looking for work. “For the past one year, I have had a roller coaster ride testing out different iterations in this space e.g. an internet job marketing site (hirepuss.com), social networks for employees to discuss, service for employees to complain about their jobs and warn off prospective companies etc. Then at my internet job marketing site, I discovered something.

As incredible as this may sound, job seekers were hardly applying at recruitment portals of small companies nor did they send quality resumes. This showed that job seekers were hardly interested in small SMEs, who were my major clients. In contrast, bigger organizations usually had a surplus of applications for every single job opening, which they hate, and applicants are usually under-qualified. So there is a surplus on one side and a deficit on the other.”

“Another issue is that you would publish a job opening on job boards without knowing if you would even get enough attention or quality applications. That why if you look closely, you would see companies doing re-runs of their ads, especially in newspapers. There is also the fact that companies do not usually have multiple positions open at once so they may usually hire one or two persons to fill this hole immediately and they usually fill this holes through referrals .”

"Also, if you have job-searched before, you will see that the present job-board system is broken at its core. I really do not blame the job-seekers for not applying as I well know the despair and discouragement that comes along with going to newspapers or job-boards, finding a suitable job and subsequently applying without any-hope of being selected, falling into the recruitment black hole.”

Izundu says the new platform aims to solve these problems by connecting job seekers with employers, removing the middlemen and creating ‘demands at both ends and sell it to both sides of the table. Easily.’

He says: “At its core, it’s kind of like a dating site (marketplace) for employers and those looking for work, having a noble mission: To make Job Seekers' information easily accessible online, enabling employers find them faster, speeding up the employment process.”

The portal is optimised for mobile use and aims to make finding an employee easy and eliminate job ads, applicant tracking systems, company recruitment portals and the system of applying for jobs by emailing resumes.

Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2013
Good. It's just that we want you to know that you are: https://www.nairaland.com/howardriddle and https://www.nairaland.com/rudolfbane
Re: 18 Year-old Nigerian Youth Launches Yolpe.com To Disrupt African Recruitment by goldenval(m): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Straight people don't gossip that much only GAYS do. People that gossip much never ever make it in life. Smh...

(1) (Reply)

Help Out With My Paypal Issues / Is Weebly Not Accepting Nigerians? / Get Your .com Domain Name For 500 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.