Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,067 members, 7,916,117 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:48 PM

Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment (22884 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by theripper2: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2013
Useless thing, shouldn't the toad be in jail for causing bodily harm and malicious intent?

50billion cowries na him u go collect. Ewu.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Reference(m): 7:16am On Aug 06, 2013
Hmm. Pre-emptive strike. Maybe Chinda is planning to sue his sorry backside for 49.999999999 billion plus one naira. We will reach the land of sanity someday.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by dhayoh: 7:16am On Aug 06, 2013
coolegbo: our judicial system is soooooooooo bad, can we imagine that man who used our mace as a golf stick and his fellow human as the golf ball granted BAIL? Haba naija! This is absurd
well,its nt abt d Judicial system,d law permits him to be grantd bail because d offence is a bailable offence..in my opinion dat offence is an assault.go check d law...
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by sben2308(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2013
D sad truth about all this is the fact that we live in a country where laws apply only to d poor.Imagine ,how can u b guilt nd still but boastful.Instead of been remorseful for your crime.Mtcheww ...
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by dhayoh: 7:19am On Aug 06, 2013
alpha conde: has baba suwe gotten his money
for wia,d matter is still @ d court of appeal o...
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Riskymallam: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2013
Then please post the link to the video.

phayvoursky: I GUESS MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS ARE BEING TOLD ONLY ONE SIDE OF THE D STORY. U GUYS SHOULD WATGH WHEN CHIDI LLOYD WAS GIVEN THE BEATING OF HIS LIFE BY 5 MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE EARLIER B4 THAT INCIDENCE. N I BET U WOULD DO MORE DAN WAT HE DID IF IT WERE U
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by bolayei: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2013
Na wa o..,so no nairalander recognise the fact say the man na civil servant and na nigeria dey pay him salary and allowance, and nigerian police is a nigerian entity funded by nigeria, in other words the man is asking nigeria for 50 billion. The same man wey dey sit down with other men wey for make laws wey dey guide police dey sue police for incompetence.? No wonder these guys don't put money into education so nigerians can be well educated. Back in the day those army guys were well educated and knew when to carry out a coup when the corruption started in the sixties based on their local and foreign (army) education combined and these were young guys. The solution is mutiny and revolution i.e the police men and army wey dey guide these guys should think about their children and wives and other family members if they are living well and the army should do the same, so when the revolution start no body go protect anyone of them na either them resign, go on exile i.e people go personal drive them go border make them cross or if them resist well anything wey happen happen because the person wey go resist no mind.Imagine these law makers one of dem saying 'why should governor came here and supervise the beating of my col....and the other one disrespecting the mace like that and these men still have the mouth to talk. One day go be one day monkey go go market no return till then. we go take heart
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by eightsin(m): 7:46am On Aug 06, 2013
I don't blv this chidi of a man was turtured...we all knw our Nigeria police will never lay a finger on any big man...so this has to be a plain lie...bt lie or not...chidi, u're getting NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Billygee2u: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2013
I think this is a great opportunity for the son or the family of the man he was heating the MAZE to sue him to court for attempted murder
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Brite02(m): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Ko si were undecided undecided undecided

Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by DaWhiz: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2013
Ironically he actually thinks he should be treated fairly, after battering some other poor fellow with that big asss mace. Dumbasss! angry
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Billygee2u: 8:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Richfella:

I think this is a great opportunity for the son or the family of the man ( CHINDA ) he was heating the MAZE to sue him to court for attempted murder
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by uncleBee2(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2013
The man Chidi has seen money 50b is not too big for him[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by sleazy5(m): 8:18am On Aug 06, 2013
He who comes to EQUITY, must come WITH CLEAN HANDS
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Akainzo(m): 8:19am On Aug 06, 2013
coolegbo: our judicial system is soooooooooo bad, can we imagine that man who used our mace as a golf stick and his fellow human as the golf ball granted BAIL? Haba naija! This is absurd

Is the offence bailable? If yes, then why should he not get bail?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by jmoore(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2013
If Chidi Lloyd can sue Police for 50billion naira then Michael Chindah should sue Chidi for $50 billion

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Clitoris(f): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2013
eightsin: I don't blv this chidi of a man was turtured...we all knw our Nigeria police will never lay a finger on any big man...so this has to be a plain lie...bt lie or not...chidi, u're getting NOTHING
But he was allegedly blindfolded in detention.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Nnachi404(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2013
Kiaso:

he says he was battered.......hey....wasnt dat wot he did to chinda?
Now i wants compensation......no problem.....chidi lloyd pls if dat money is given to you just pass it onto chinda so he can pay for his medical bilss
Nigeria funny part of the world here any thing can happen
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by steveec122(m): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2013
It is that simple,Chinda should join party with police and seek 50 Trillion damages over his health,time,energy and resources spent. The police and Chinda should file a Counterclaim of 50Trillion damage against Lloyd.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by emmaduks(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2013
i wonder what is going on in chidi's mind when he said that...
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by MrAboki: 8:49am On Aug 06, 2013
DaWhiz: Ironically he actually thinks he should be treated fairly, after battering some other poor fellow with that big asss mace. Dumbasss! angry

You are the dumbass..

The Police is constitutionally required to treat all men fairly.. You are the dumbass.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by AdeniyiA(m): 8:54am On Aug 06, 2013
police gave him ill-treatment but he singlehandedly handled a death-treatment to a fellow lawbreaker, which is worse?
Gaddem bloody dishonorable honorable!
he calls himself a lawyer o
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by lavivifubs: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2013
This suit is an insult to every well meaning Nigerian. Unfortunately, lawyers are aiding this insult, and may I add slap on well meaning Nigerias. The court should not be distracted by this ploy to avoid meting justice on this man, who in America, would have been under custody as a security risk.
If this suit subsists, I suggest that Hon. Chinda should institute a 10 trillion Naira suit against Chidi Lloyd.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by juvewalex(m): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Hahaahhahaha, I'm juz passin by . Wetin E wan do wt d bar ?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Jumbocash: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2013
Young you are joking have u forgettn what u did wit mace
MalasparkBlog: While in their custody, embattled Rivers State law maker Chidi Lloyd claims he was blindfolded, battered and tortured by the Nigerian police and for that, he wants N50 billion as compensation.

His legal team made this known today after Chidi Lloyd was granted bail by a Rivers State high court. The presiding judge also ordered that the majority Leader of the Rivers State House of Assembly should not be rearrested by the police. The casewas adjourned till August 12th.

If he's asking for N50billion for illtreatment, then the colleague he nearly killed with a mace should be asking for what na. Lol

http://www.malaspark.com/2013/08/chidi-lloyd-sues-nigerian-police.html
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Clitoris(f): 9:05am On Aug 06, 2013
Michael Chinda and 4 others orchestrated an illegal impeachment without the required number of Assembly members -Wrong
Chidi Loyd "maced" Michael Chinda to stupor -Wrong
Nigeria Police tortured Chidi Loyd in detention -Wrong

And the beat goes on....
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by MrAboki: 9:28am On Aug 06, 2013
moodswing: [size=14pt]THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS[/size]

Instead of this dishonorable man to be thankful to our imperfect criminal justice system which granted him bail and issue a very remorseful apology to Riverians and Nigerians for his dishonorable conduct in the RSHA show of shame. Then proceed to seek forgiveness from God and the man he almost killed. Instead he became emboldened like every other criminal whom have undergone some kind of incarceration.

If he sues the police for inhumane treatment, For how much will the man he nearly murdered sue him?.

The LAW and our criminal justice system is flawed, this is why some person like their justice served jungle style, I pity our justice system, It is so weak that even potential murderers and ardent criminals now taunts her. An eye, for an eye

Even if Chidi Lloyd later walks free, he should have it at the back of his mind that he still owes this country atleast, 5yrs prison term, which must surely be paid as at when due.

[b]You don start again abi?!

Talking nonsense that you know nothing about..

What did our Justice system do now?! Was the case not a bailable offence?! So you expected the court to hold him in prison indefinitely. Now let me teach you yat another lesson in law. Even murder suspects can be bailed under certain conditions. Most times when bail is denied a suspect, its either the evidence around the case is so heinious that the suspect might be a threat to the society, The suspects life is being threatend and his safety outside the prison walls is not guaranteed, the suspect is a flight risk or the suspect is a repeat offender. Chidi lloyd is none of the above. Infact, he can be granted bail based pn personal recognition. The max the court would do is to take away his passport and travel documents. #LessonNo.1

Rivers people dont need a thank you from him, rather Rivers People are thankful to him for stopping those coup plotters that tried to unseat the government of Rivers State using cheap street thugs. God also loves Chidi Lloyd. Chidi defended the unity of Rivers State. If faced with another ugly situation like that, we expect no less from him.

Chidi lloyd is not a criminal, be careful how you speak. For you to call someone a criminal, they must have first been 'convicted' of that crime. Since he has not been found guilty of that crime, nor does he have any previous convictions that we know about, he is not a criminal and should not be reffered to as a criminal. Thats why the Police use the word 'Suspect', thats why the law says 'Innocent until proven guilty'. You can be sued for slander & defamation of character right now by Mr. lloyd and you would be found guilty . #BeWarned.. #Lesson No.2

He can sue the Police for inhumane treatment. The police does not have the power to torture anybody in their custody. Infact the police cannot hold a suspect for more than 24 - 48 hours without charging him or her to court. The Police cannot hold him for that long, keep flying him from one place to the other without allowing him full access to his lawyers. Even if Chidi is truly a killers sef, he still has rights. Even a convicted criminal should not be tortured under the law. He may get hard labour, but never torture. Ihunwo reserves the right to file a civil suit against Chidi and claim both punitive and compensatory damages to whatever amount he pleases, but that does not stop Chidi from suing the Police. #Lesson No.3

Our Law and criminal justice system has not done anything wrong in this case so far. Even Oscar Pistorious was granted bail in the case of Murder. O.J Simpson was also granted bail on a 250,000$ Bond during his own murder trial. George Zimmerman was granted bail on a 150,000$ bond in the Treyvon Martin murder trial. So is it a case of assault that sholdnt get bail?!

Na wah for you o!! I hope you are not with the Police. Na your type go see simple accident case, call am attempted murder with a dangerous weapon.

Barrister Aboki Esq.
#Street Lawyer..
#Shoe Shiner..
#Security Man
#Cattle Rearer
#Suya Seller
#Kilishi Retailer
#Shoe Maker.
#Terrorist
#Tanker Driver
#Kiosk owner.
#Mishai Seller
#JTF Soldier
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by mickkywatsnaira(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2013
He can't get anything from the suit,thank your god we re in a curropt system were anything can fly.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Jerryjat(m): 9:49am On Aug 06, 2013
Richfella:

Nack am grin!... Nack am grin grin!!... Nack am grin grin grin!!!...
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Jerryjat(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2013
dat d end of my story...

Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Youngtekkey(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2013
na wa ooooooooooooo nothing wey we no go hear for this naija sha imagine this criminal
Re: Chidi Lloyd Sues Police For N50billion Over Ill-treatment by Youngtekkey(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2013
dhayoh: well,its nt abt d Judicial system,d law permits him to be grantd bail because d offence is a bailable offence..in my opinion dat offence is an assault.go check d law...
he suppose to be charge for assault occasioning harm/attempted murder that's the two count charge he commited ask me for more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Yemi Akinwonmi Takes Over, Suspends NWC Meeting Indefinitely / Ya’u Darazo Defends Tinubu, Blames Opposition For Stoking Fire / Terrorist Threats To Kidnap Buhari Laughable - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.