Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,833 members, 7,906,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:31 AM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36918 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2013
The legendary 750-seater Ajose lecture theatre

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2013
Our prestigious Hezekiah oluwasimi Library

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 07, 2013
The Amphitheatre

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2013
koonbey: Exactly,I think as of Today,Unilorin is a better Institution than OAU

The same Unilorin where my folks that chose OAU and flunked UME five times, resorted to after their attempt to go to OAU failed, or another one?

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2013
Tunjasko: The ranking was not based on academic standards...As for me,I think unilorin is still the best in academics considering the standard of graduates they produced and the non-disruption of their academic calendar

Standard of graduates? Care to list Unilorin outstanding grads and let's compare with Ife's?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2013
BrutusOj: And they keep producing graduates who doesn't knw d difrence btween HIS and IS, HAS and AS..congrats anyway

See who's correcting grammar.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:51am On Aug 07, 2013
Happy for us but tired of staying Nigerian govt putting my life in hold
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Kollins12: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
yuzedo: i attendeth Uncle Emeka Grammer School + Universeity. is a good school in abakalicki. more better dan dis oau school so dunno why is not leasted as d first. pls mod help and make my school to be first cos our motto is "up school oyege". tenk.
In fact your School is the best:it has been confirmed from your English and Uncle Emeka really did a good Job,BRAVO
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by alegria(m): 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

What criteria are you looking for?

Does OAU have computer library for students?

Does OAU have free wifi for student or any available internet for visitors ?

Doess OAU offer master degreee?

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Does OAU have any sport activity?

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

Answer the question above......

Coming wih more question....

Ode leleyi Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo o !!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by adwem2003(m): 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Acecube: unilorin has all the above plus fast {and non-striking} academic calendar

It is not about the fast academic calenders, its about quality. You can have fast academic calenders and be producing irrelevant and unmarketable graduates. Great Ife
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by davoremix(m): 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
forget d blackboard ish, lecturers at MIT use blackboards so stop condemning, dnt bother quoting nd saying crap, google it.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by sagbar(m): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
The first is not negotiable in all aspect,we are already used 2 it in all ramifications....Of the greatest Ife,plz jst mellow on d argument cos they can't understand how we run tinz here,'IF U'RE NOT THERE,U DNT ASK HW IT WAS SHARED' Go obtain jamb form and join league of first! *Chikena*
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by sagbar(m): 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
I knw deep down that most people envy OAU and all d hype abt every success achieved was as a result of jealous nature of man...i knw some people dat were nt admitted to study in oau wil also talk ills(bad enough).This first position is nt even a big deal to an average 'great' cos it is our birthrighth...talk of architectural masterpiece,quality of lecturers,smart,brilliant,intelligent and conscious students,quality academic challenges etc.It is nw high time we all realise dat ife is Nigeria God-given institution(our own havard),let all treasure it to meet up with d ivy league universities in d world as it is certain dat no other university could be nuture to compete in that standard *haterz lobatan*
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ezeama1010(m): 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
obalogy22: There are only 2 schools in d world,oau and others.i rep oba awon university,make u go hug transformer if u no dey satisfied.
There are actually two categories of Universities in Nigeria vis: University of Nigeria and others(Univ. In Nigeria). Dnt try to fake it.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
ezeama1010: There are actually two categories of Universities in Nigeria vis: University of Nigeria and others(Univ. In Nigeria). Dnt try to fake it.
The same UNN that is yet to recover from the Biafran War. We see how poorly planned your campuses, UNEC and UNN, are in Nollywood movies. You hardly see OAU being used - we have standard.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ravensckar(m): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

O boi see beef o? evn a village idiot knws O.A.U is d best univ in Naija. evn in ur attempt 2rubbish her achievement, u ended up glorifyin it. recently, it was announced on d media how one of our lecturer made a landmark achievement in d area of chemistry. 4rm d way u'v spoken, u must be one of doz 'SU-SU' DELSU, IMSU, EBSU, ABSU, ANSU,KWASU, LASU,EKSU, OSU, or bettrstil, UNIOYINLOLA univ stdnt. As 4 me, I rep O.A.U...
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ravensckar(m): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by darkashes(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.

UNN has produced better and more personalities
Akpan Isemin, Governor of Akwa
Ibom State, Nigeria (1992–1993) Chimaroke Nnamani, Senator of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria (Enugu East
Senatorial District, Enugu State) and
Governor of Enugu State (1999–2007) Chris Ngige, Governor of Anambra State,
Nigeria (2003–2007) and Senator of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria (Anambra
State, Anambra Central Senatorial District),
2011 – date Clement David Ebri, Governor of Cross
River State (1992 – 1993) Lam Adesina, Governor of Oyo State,
Nigeria (1999–2003) Okwesilieze Nwodo, Governor
of Enugu State, Nigeria (1992 – 1993) Oserheimen Osunbor, Governor
of Edo State, Nigeria (2007–2008) and
Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
(Edo State, Edo Central Senatorial District),
1999–2007 Peter Obi, Governor of Anambra State,
Nigeria (2006 – date) Peter Odili, Governor of Rivers State,
Nigeria (1999–2007) Sullivan Chime, Governor of Enugu State,
Nigeria (2007 – date) Sir, G.T.G. Toby, former Deputy Governor,
Rivers State, Nigeria Charles Chukwuma Soludo,
Governor Central Bank of Nigeria (2004–
2009) Dora Akunyili, Federal Minister of
Information and Communication, Nigeria
(2008–2010) and Director-General, National
Agency for Food and Drug Administration
and Control(NAFDAC)(2001) Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President
of Nigeria Joy Emodi, Senator of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria (Anambra North Senatorial
Zone, Anambra State) 2003 Anthony O. Agbo, Senator of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria ( Ebonyi North
constituency of Ebonyi State) 2007 Oby Ezekwesili, Vice President World Bank
(Africa Region), Federal Minister of
Education (2006–2007) and Solid Minerals
Development (2005–2006) Fabian Osuji, former Minister of Education Gregory Ngaji, Senator of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria (Cross River North
Senatorial constituency, Cross River) 2003
– 2011 Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Special
Assistant on Diaspora Affairs,
Nigeria; MBGN 1988, Miss Intercontinental
1989 Niki Tobi, Associate Justice, Supreme Court
of Nigeria (2002–2010) Patrick Utomi, Presidential candidate for
the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in
the Nigerian April 2007 elections and
former Director of the Center for Applied
Economics,Lagos Business School, Pan
African University Professor Eme Awa, Chairman National
Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON)
1987 – 1989 Professor Humphrey Nwosu, Chairman
National Electoral Commission of Nigeria
(NECON) 1989 – 1993 Ojo Maduekwe, Nigeria Foreign Minister
(2007 – 2010) Kema Chikwe, Federal Minister of
Transport (1999 – 2001), Federal Minister
of Aviation (2001 – 2003) Fidelia Njeze, Nigerian Ambassador to
Switzerland and Liechtenstein, former
Nigerian minister of Aviation(2010-2011) Onyema Ugochukwu, First Executive
Chairman of the Niger Delta Development
Commission (NDDC) Olisa Agbakoba, founder of Nigeria’s
foremost human rights organization, the
Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO) and
former president of the Nigerian Bar
Association (2006 – 2008) O.C. Iloeje, former Commissioner (Research
and Development), Nigeria Electricity
Regulatory Commission (NERC), former
Director, Energy Planning and Analysis,
Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN), Abuja Ousman Jammeh, Gambian Foreign
Minister (2009–2010) Arts/Entertainment: Adiele Afigbo, renowned Nigeria Historian Aituaje Iruobe (WAJE), singer and
songwriter Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Writer Chinua Achebe, renowned novelist and
Emeritus Professor of English, UNN, 1985 Chris Okotie, Televangelist and pastor of
the Household of God Church
International Ministries Daniel Olerum, Football Striker at FC
Aboomoslem in the Azadegan League. Dilomprizulike, artist El Anatsui, renowned Artist and Professor
of Sculpture Esther Olaedo Ebigbo (RESONANCE), singer
and songwriter Glory Umunna (born Glory Chuku), former
Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria(MBGN) Jide Obi, Singer Marcia Kure, artist Michael Mbabuike, poet and linguist Ndidi Dike, visual artist Nnenna Okore, artist Obiora Nwokolobia-Agu (OBIWON),
Musician Tayo Adenaike, artist Uzo, New York based film director and
producer Zack Orji, Nollywood actor Academia: Abhulimen Richard Anao, Vice Chancellor,
University of Benin (1999–2004) Alexander Obiefoka Enukora Animalu,
Professor Emeritus of Physics at University
of Nigeria, Nsukka. Anya Oko Anya, Professor of Zoology,
UNN (1973) Austin Ilochi Okafor (SAN), former Vice
Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Awka;Former Attorney General in the old
Anambra state. Profesor of Law. Babs Fafunwa, Emeritus Professor of
Education; First Dean of the Faculty of
Education and Acting Vice-Chancellor,
University of Nigeria (1964 – 1966) Boniface Egboka, Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi
Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State
(June 2009 – ); Professor of Environmental
Hydrogeology Celestine O. E. Onwuliri, former Vice-
Chancellor, Federal University of
Technology, Owerri, Imo State (2006 –
2011) and acting Vice Chancellor,
University of Jos. Professor of Zoology Chibuzo Ogbuagu, Vice Chancellor, Abia
State University, Uturu, Abia State.
Professor of Economics Christian C. Anieke, pioneer Vice
Chancellor, Godfrey Okoye University,
Enugu (2009), Professor of English Eni Njoku, Professor of Botany; Vice-
Chancellor, University of Nigeria, 1966 –
1967 Gabriel O. Ajayi, Professor of
Communications, Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile-Ife; first Director General,
National Information Technology
Development Agency (NITDA), Abuja Jacob K. Olupona, Professor of African
Religious Traditions and Chair of the
Committee on African studies at
the Harvard Divinity School with a joint
appointment as Professor of African and
African American Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University James Epoke, Vice Chancellor, University
of Calabar (2010); Professor of
Microbiology J.O. Onah, former Vice Chancellor, Enugu
State University of Science and
Technology, Nigeria. Professor of
Marketing Obiora Udechukwu, head, Fine Arts
Department, St. Lawrence University, New
York Ogwo Ekeoma Ogwo, pioneer Vice
Chancellor, Renaissance University,
Ugbawka, Enugu State (2006 – 2011) and
former, Vice Chancellor, Abia State
University (2000 – 2005); Professor of
Marketing Ola-Rotimi Ajayi, pioneer Vice Chancellor,
Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara
State (2011); Professor of Political Science Olu Oguibe, Professor of Art and African-
American Studies and interim Director of
the Institute for African American Studies
at the University of Connecticut, Storrs P. N. Okeke, Professor of Physics and first
person to earn a PhD in Physics (1975)
from the University of Nigeria Business: Arunma Oteh, Director-General, Securities
and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria
and Vice-President for Corporate
Services, African Development Bank
Group (AfDB) (2006–2009) Assisi Asobie, Chairman of the Nigeria
Extractive Industry Transparency
Initiative (NEITI) and former President,
Academic Staff Union of Universities
(ASUU) Nigeria Cathy Echeozo, Deputy Managing Director,
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Chima Ibeneche, Managing Director of
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production
Company (SNEPCO), and former Managing
Director, Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas
Limited Cyril Enweze, Vice-President, International
Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD),
Rome, Italy. Emeka Onwuka, Chairman, Enterprise Bank
and former Managing Director/Chief
Executive Officer of Diamond Bank Plc. Gerald Ilukwe, Managing Director/CEO,
Galaxy Backbone Plc and former, General
Manager of Microsoft Nigeria Godwin Emefiele, Group Managing Director,
Zenith Bank Plc, Nigeria Kingsley Moghalu, Deputy Governor of
the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and
head of the Bank’s Financial System
Stability directorate Michael Ade-Ojo, founder of Elizade Nigeria
Limited, major distributors of Toyota
Motors in Nigeria O’tega Emerhor, Vice Chairman/Group
CEO, Standard Alliance Insurance Plc Tunde Lemo, Deputy Governor
(Operations), Central Bank of Nigeria and
former Managing Director/Chief Executive
Officer of Wema Bank Plc, Nigeria
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by manjiggy(m): 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Kelechi2020: i think we need more information on this stuff.
we nairalanders are too educated to be feed with cooked u stories that are not backed by fact
oh this ammounts to gutter journalism
Nonsense! The news is everywhere.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ornorme: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

Lmmaooooo.... many are mad but few roam the street. grin
my belle oh grin
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by jonath0012(m): 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
Outside school environment, I've met a number of OAU graduates, and they are not as academically good as you guys hype it here. Unilorin grads often show a high level of competence in their subject area than OAU graduates. However, in term of activism, i give it to OAU; they are unparalleled.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by gboyegab: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
Webometric ranking is a WEB RANKING not an academic ranking, they rank universities according to their presence on the web.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Deage(m): 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

GO TO SOUTH AFRICA AND SEE WHAT THEY CALL UNIVERSITY..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT GO ON STRIKE..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT ASK FOR BRIBE OR SLEEP WITH THEIR FEMALE STUDENTS.

THEIR ENVIRONMENT IS CONDUCIVE FOR LEARNING..

ITS A PITY THAT THEY STILL USE BLACKBOARD IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY WHILE IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEY USE PROJECTOR TO TEACH STUDENT.

BRB
How should we go to south Africa? Is it our fault that what should be provided is not provided by those who are supposed to do that. Most people have graduated from these your so called black board lecture halls and are still much better than their south African counterparts intellectually. By the way webometrics ranking is based more on the online presence of the university not what is obtainable on ground.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by AdelekeAkinola(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
All of you that are beefing OAU,and u are asking for the criteria that webometric use to rank, the fact is whatever criteria they use,how many times have they mistakenly ranked your school among the first 10 universities in Nigeria talkless of Africa. If u like beef OAU from now reach tomorrow, the fact is that oga is the master any day anytime.And mind u the ranking is not done by asking for your opinion so anything u like u can say. I REP OAU FOR LIFE.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Stevosty: 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
Look at the grammar of those purportedly from OAU, they obviously don't know what webometrics is all about.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
Stevosty: Look at the grammar of those purportedly from OAU, they obviously don't know what webometrics is all about.
Whatever Webometrics is all about, OAU was pronounced first.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ProfChris10(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ProfChris10(m): 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
What's the fight all about? One truth is this, OAU is good, we all know that. I've been there, and to other schools, but I respect OAU very much. Their students are Iwes(geniuses) **winks**
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAU runs pure GP system. Even Seun Osewa is a product of OAU. Ask him...
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
All d universities are thrash..Oau or oou...No deceive yourself...Just be thanking God say you deh see food chop cos i finish school oo with better grade and no b school weh i go husstle na hin i deh take chop////calm ur nerves all
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by sunwealth(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2013
I don't even think that there is a reason to include any Nigerian Universities when it comes to ranking.cos what pride do they havee when it comes to academic excellence.if any matters arises, strike is the only thing they use for government not minding the careers of their students.... Should we call this a University Now a schl is being ranked as 8th in africa... What message are the passing across to our useless government or to the lecturers of the chl invoved. May God help us

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / Police Beat, Slap IMSU Students For Refusing Access To Their Phones (Video) / Inside Edo University, Iyamho, Hostels (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.