Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,991 members, 7,876,746 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 05:26 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6053234 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2017
LTGEN:

Nigeria should take the lead She has at least 3 X c130s at her disposal
Ghana as rightly is playing a prominent role she has deployed her C295.
Those two Countries should play a lead role.
Morocco has also deployed one of it's Charlies.
Nigeria has already contributed to the humanitarian effort in that country, our cargo planes fly very critical daily supply missions in support of operation Lafiya dole so what we can do at the moment is limited.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
LTGEN:

Nigeria should take the lead She has at least 3 X c130s at her disposal
Ghana as rightly is playing a prominent role she has deployed her C295.
Those two Countries should play a lead role.
Morocco has also deployed one of it's Charlies.
NAF C130 has made 6 known Aid flights to Freetown

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Odunayaw:
grin playing safe eh?

We'd have to sit and wait
Russia and Nigeria have signed a G2- G2 agreement that involves cross- training that will center on :Terrorism/ Counter -terrorism, Shared experience in Peace keeping, The Defence Minister of Russia and Nigeria met on the sidelines of this years EXPO.
They discussed the next set of DELIVERY of our Helios and they want to take a hard look at the YAK-130.
We are now OBVIOUSLY waiting on PAKISTAN, and unlike when we bought things Tokunbo Style it takes time.
Things that are becoming very obvious to me:
1. Last week the Russian Consulate in Abuja condemned in very strong language the recent bombing in the N.E. and pledged to work with the F.G. over the bh issue.
2 The Russian Def. Minister did not meet with the Nigerian Def Minister just so they could sign an agreement for Nigerian service men to play War Games in Russia , 2018 that is what Defence attaches do.
3. 2014/ 2015 Nigeria sent a Tri -service group to Russia and by all accounts they have acquitted themselves very well, IMHO something similar is in the offering - there is a history there on both sides if the Nigerians who went there did not feel they learnt from it THEIR OPINIONS would most def being sought.
4. This talk / discussion of Nigeria acquiring/ procuring a jet from Russia started last year ( summer) NOT from Nigeria from a credible Russian source.
This year (SUMMER) the two def Ministers met it is beginning to appear that REGARDLESS of the JF-17 ( coming) Nigeria is interested in buying either the YAK -130 or A PLANE from the MIG FAMILY.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
LTGEN:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/241405-nigeria-considers-buying-fighter-planes-artillery-others-russia.html
Premium Times to a certain extent are known for their accuracy
I believe this is a topic worth discussing i would like to hear from anyone what type of Artillery systems and Armoured Vehicles could that also mean Tanks? and MRAPS what kind of MRAPS ? Please intelligent discussions only no political discussion on GEJ vs PMB, This might be the first MAJOR PROCUREMENT for the N.A.
Thank you in advance NO DERAILMENT.
For the MRAPs I see Volk and/or K 4386 Typhoon-VDV; For the Artillery pretty sure is for SPHs even if I prefere the Chinese one.. or the BM-27 Uragan since the army like this type of Arti. If it's about Tanks I hope with all my everything lol is the Armata no T-90 pls... And taking into account our current inventory, we need to replace our Saurer 4K 4FA so lets say we are going to go for the Kurganets-25....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
LTGEN:

Russia and Nigeria have signed a G2- G2 agreement that involves cross- training that will center on :Terrorism/ Counter -terrorism, Shared experience in Peace keeping, The Defence Minister of Russia and Nigeria met on the sidelines of this years EXPO.
They discussed the next set of DELIVERY of our Helios and they want to take a hard look at the YAK-130.
We are now OBVIOUSLY waiting on PAKISTAN, and unlike when we bought things Tokunbo Style it takes time.
Things that are becoming very obvious to me:
1. Last week the Russian Consulate in Abuja condemned in very strong language the recent bombing in the N.E. and pledged to work with the F.G. over the bh issue.
2 The Russian Def. Minister did not meet with the Nigerian Def Minister just so they could sign an agreement for Nigerian service men to play War Games in Russia , 2018 that is what Defence attaches do.
3. 2014/ 2015 Nigeria sent a Tri -service group to Russia and by all accounts they have acquitted themselves very well, IMHO something similar is in the offering - there is a history there on both sides if the Nigerians who went there did not feel they learnt from it THEIR OPINIONS would most def being sought.
4. This talk / discussion of Nigeria acquiring/ procuring a jet from Russia started last year ( summer) NOT from Nigeria from a credible Russian source.
This year (SUMMER) the two def Ministers met it is beginning to appear that REGARDLESS of the JF-17 ( coming) Nigeria is interested in buying either the YAK -130 or A PLANE from the MIG FAMILY.
The YAK-130 is the best replacement for mighty Alpha Jet.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
RIP Group Captain Ochai

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
LTGEN:

Kashimawo (Let's wait & see). They should just please make sure NA isn't missing in action

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
RIP Group Captain Ochai
R.I.P.
(;

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2017
DICON upgrades to tap into Africa arms market

The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) is moving to join the group of global arms and ammunition manufacturers, with a view to becoming an African regional supplier of light arms and attaining a measure of self-sufficiency for the country. This follows an on-going restructuring in DICON, BusinessDay investigations have shown. The new model emphasises…
This content is for Standard & Premium Digital Subscribers only.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/dicon-upgrades-tap-africa-arms-market/

Please does anyone here have access to Businessday standard or premium package? This seems like a very interesting story.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 8:39am On Aug 25, 2017
hi grin grin cool cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2017
Obostone:
hi grin grin cool cool

Charly are you still in America?

How do you think we might be able to get photos from this year's air show in Accra?

It is billed as the biggest Air Show in Africa this year. Any sources to watch out for?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2017
From the Namibian Facebook Page. Exercise Kunene opening ceremony.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wherever SAAF goes....

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
Henry240:

The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) is moving to join the group of global arms and ammunition manufacturers, with a view to becoming an African regional supplier of light arms and attaining a measure of self-sufficiency for the country. This follows an on-going restructuring in DICON, BusinessDay investigations have shown. The new model emphasises…

Please does anyone here have access to Businessday standard or premium package? This seems like a very interesting story.
then at beeg's blog there was some news of some collaboration with Serbia..did it pull through?

Edit:
Develop modified Infantry
sniper rifles, Army commander
charges DICON

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/come-out-with-modified-infantry-sniper-rifles-army-commander-charges-dicon/186448.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
kikuyu1:
Saffers,seen this:

Price,as many have said it seems is a major MAJOR selling point.

[
[url]http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20...r_Alternative_To_Sweden_s_Gripen#.WZ64j1EjFPY
[/url]

One TA 50 is 35mn$. Grip,C,D,E and F range from 70mn -80mn$.

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-fighter-aircraft.html

That's a great aircraft on its own right however it shouldn't be compared to the Gripen. As jln115 said, the Gripen is faster, carries more weapons and flys further than the TA-50. Technically it's a "poorman's" fighter.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
I've said before 'conspiracy theory,' is actually conspiracy fact;the term was actually invented by media CIA agents to discredit non cooperative journos-I digress!
Ronald Bernard,Dutch banker it seems died 2 days ago;but I haven't double checked the details. He broke the 'net with a series of yt vids exposing the real nature of the Global Elite;aka the Illuminati. He wasn't of their bloodline and so eased into their circles climbing higher and higher up the ranks thanks to his investment skills. He baulked however at an invite to child sacrifice.

https://youtu.be/nEpcY5JU120

[url]Part Two -- Summary with English Voice Over[/url]

https://youtu.be/Y0Fwe4YkMa4

His job was to launder money for the Illuminati. To do his job properly, he needed to know what was going on. He says that the people at the top of most world conflicts are colluding. These conflicts are profit centers. People further down the ladder are kept in the dark of course.

Secret service agencies do not serve the national interests. They are "criminal organizations" engaged in the above mentioned crimes on behalf of their Illuminati masters. "Terrorist organizations" are much the same.

+ He estimates that 8000 people run the world. They are linked together by Freemasonry and a vow of silence.

https://www.henrymakow.com/2017/08/ronald-bernard-hearts-of-stone.html

Basically,these are the guys responsible for ALL GLOBAL CONFLICTS! Syria,Iraq,Boko Haram etc etc. Major world intel agencies are under their thumb. Once you counter check Bernard's allegations,you find incontrovertible evidence of Ritual Satanic Abuse of kids by Euro royals.

A week ago, a certain Toos Nijenhuis denounced the royal clan and its henchmen saying that they were nothing more than child killers.

[url]http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3DBREVE:%2Bsnuff%2Bmovies%2By%2Bsacrificios%2Bde%2Bni%25C3%25B1os%2Ben%2Blos%2BPaises%2BBajos%26safe%3Doff&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=es&u=http://dondevamos.canalblog.com/archives/2013/07/07/27591338.html[/url]

My name is Anne Marie van Blijenburgh. I have been married for twenty four years to Kees van Korlaar. Together with his three brothers, Kees van Korlaar forms a criminal organization known as the Octopus Syndicate (ed. Note: This is a slang term in Holland for Ndrangheta, the modern Italian -based Mafia). They have worked from 1960 on to today. By order of Queen Beatrix they have organized the murder, torture, rape and killing of children in a public setting. They organized that through youth detention centers in the Netherlands.
https://www.henrymakow.com/2014/09/dutch-royalty-notables-accused.html

As I always say,don't 'believe' anything;do your own research!
Carry on!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
I thought you all said performance is what makes an aircraft better N grin grin grin

You want list of aircrafts that fly faster, higher and carry more weapon than a gripen?

Hypocrites. At this moment I don't care if this lead to an argument....

I no go even reply.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
kikuyu1:
I've said before 'conspiracy theory,' is actually conspiracy fact;the term was actually invented by media CIA agents to discredit non cooperative journos-I digress!
Ronald Bernard,Dutch banker it seems died 2 days ago;but I haven't double checked the details. He broke the 'net with a series of yt vids exposing the real nature of the Global Elite;aka the Illuminati. He wasn't of their bloodline and so eased into their circles climbing higher and higher up the ranks thanks to his investment skills. He baulked however at an invite to child sacrifice.
Don't you do this on Nemesis thread?

Why are u like this undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
kenya defence forces

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
Henry240:

As we speak, huge amounts of money is being ordered in that Abuja oval office by the newly returned president for multi-billion naira project made in Nigerian defence industries to be set up in 3 West, East and North locations, both federal and federal cum private companies that will produce several kinds of middle level war weapons for export all over Africa. Presidency plans include extra directive for export of such defence products as source of dollar revenue for a new self-sustaining Nigerian local defence factory complex. Many fellow African countries ahead of Nigeria will be overtaken in the next decade. There is also a deal with Morocco in the pipeline for a joint venture project.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
LTGEN:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/241405-nigeria-considers-buying-fighter-planes-artillery-others-russia.html
Premium Times to a certain extent are known for their accuracy
I believe this is a topic worth discussing i would like to hear from anyone what type of Artillery systems and Armoured Vehicles could that also mean Tanks? and MRAPS what kind of MRAPS ? Please intelligent discussions only no political discussion on GEJ vs PMB, This might be the first MAJOR PROCUREMENT for the N.A.
Thank you in advance NO DERAILMENT.

An Eastern European defence attache in Abuja was said to have been helpful in some investigations by the bench on the past defence billion dollar looting probe, he informed the FG investigators that Russia was paid money for brand new MiG Jet engines by the current NAF administration 2016 to 17, he confirmed new engine sales but we have bought MiG Jet engine without the body of the Jet and that more engines are expected to be ordered according to the deal. Some other things you see in the Punch news story are still being looked at not concluded at all, there is freedom of looking at fine things, only money will speak finally. For now, its up to NAF to explain why they bought some brand new MiG Jet plane engines without the aeroplanes bodies. Army list of need includes new army tanks request submitted to presidency and approved pending funds becoming available. All part of total revamping of the three armed forces planned for 2016 to 2018.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
SupremeCourt:

An Eastern European defence attache in Abuja was said to have been helpful in some investigations by the bench on the past defence billion dollar looting probe, he informed the FG investigators that Russia was paid money for brand new MiG Jet engines by the current NAF administration 2016 to 17, he confirmed new engine sales but we have bought MiG Jet engine without the body of the Jet and that more engines are expected to be ordered according to the deal. Some other things you see in the Punch news story are still being looked at not concluded at all, there is freedom of looking at fine things, only money will speak finally. For now, its up to NAF to explain why they bought some brand new MiG Jet plane engines without the aeroplanes bodies. Army list of need includes new army tanks request submitted to presidency and approved pending funds becoming available. All part of total revamping of the three armed forces planned for 2016 to 2018.

There is no such thing as MIG jet engine. The RD33 engine is the same as JF17. It makes sense to buy plenty of that engine for storage if you are buying squadrons of JF17 and you know the Russian China Pakistani dynamic might change any moment. If the value proposition is that Nigeria should also acquire the MIG 29 due to commonality of engine with JF17, that is a good idea that should be adopted. Engine maintenance is 70% of running cost of most combat jets.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
tdayof:
I thought you all said performance is what makes an aircraft better N grin grin grin

You want list of aircrafts that fly faster, higher and carry more weapon than a gripen?

Hypocrites. At this moment I don't care if this lead to an argument....

I no go even reply.
Yeah I left out the fact that it has better a hmd, hmi ,better radar(E,F possibly C), smallest rcs of any none stealth fighter....... should I go on?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Henry240:

Charly are you still in America?

How do you think we might be able to get photos from this year's air show in Accra?

It is billed as the biggest Air Show in Africa this year. Any sources to watch out for?
So fare this is what I found first video and their website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmllVAP5kQ&feature=youtu.be

http://africanairshow.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JM8pnBdzcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeXvSUABznM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:50am On Aug 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Wherever SAAF goes....

Whats up with the white panels on the front of the nearest Oryx?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:53am On Aug 26, 2017
jln115:

Yeah I left out the fact that it has better a hmd, hmi ,better radar(E,F possibly C), smallest rcs of any none stealth fighter....... should I go on?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:58am On Aug 26, 2017
jln115:

Has the smallest RCS doesn't mean a crazy APG won't detect it when fitted on an airliner before it sees an Airliner.

Man those are just specifications and doesn't mean it makes it better than others.

Better radar, what's the big deal with the radar it's carrying? We're talking about your own version here which also cost alot and not D, E, F.

You're just mentioning specifications telling me this has a better this and that without explaining how. That's the issue. Let me add more

A gripen has a better color.
Gripens has two vowels in it.
A gripen can fly.
A gripen is owned by few countries

So because of these , a gripen is better.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 26, 2017
patches689:

Whats up with the white panels on the front of the nearest Oryx?
Supposed to be asking you, maybe it’s just a quick fix.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:23am On Aug 26, 2017
iraq army captured a US-made FGM-148 Javelin Missile Launcher from ISIS terrorists near the ISIS-held city of Tal Afar in northern Iraq

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2017
@gotfried looks like the SF just took off from ondangwa...huge delay
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2017
ViceAdmirlAgain:
@gotfried looks like the SF just took off from ondangwa...huge delay

The Y-12 is now overhead in a holding pattern over Oshakati
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.