Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,124 members, 7,922,742 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:16 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6108935 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (2861) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
With all due respect, you sound naive, or should i say brainwashed.
You actually think Turkey spent all that money just so do something for Somalia? oh boy, you can't be that naive. What's the importance of Somalia to turkey? Nothing, what they need on the African continent is a foothold, and Somalia just gave it to them, hell you could say they chose the one country they can easily manipulate to accomplish that mission.
To think all that was built for Somalia? lol, that is funny. Sure Somalia will have some facility access etc, But what Turkey will get is far more than what Somalia will get out of this. Just think about it, what's the purpose? What kind of relationship do they have, what's the span of that relationship? What's the trade value btw both Countries? I'm guessing less than 2 million dollars? Please.
It's all about influence and gaining a foothold, you get crumbs, they get access. Wake up.
Every hen and sheep wants to build a freaking military base on the continent, and some fools are celebrating that, unreal.
Why not ask them to allow Somalia to build same in their country in return, then see them roll their eyes and say hell no.
When these people call your friends, call you important, they are just patronizing you, they are lying. This continent need smart leaders, smh

newafricaken254:
i understand you because you haven't seen a world class military training facility in the sub sahara countries,thats why you are flabbergasted (thinking you have seen something from planet mars)this is what decades of independence has reduced sub sahara countries so called militarizes to look like,squalid training facilities,planes that are left in the open until they rust,recruits forced to train to swim in the rivers(because the military can't build swimming pools e.t.c )pilots who are trained basic flying in foreign countries e.t.c

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
newafricaken254:
i understand you because you haven't seen a world class military training facility in the sub sahara countries,thats why you are flabbergasted (thinking you have seen something from planet mars)this is what decades of independence has reduced sub sahara countries so called militarizes to look like,squalid training facilities,planes that are left in the open until they rust,recruits forced to train to swim in the rivers(because the military can't build swimming pools e.t.c )pilots who are trained basic flying in foreign countries e.t.c
Today is Nigeria's Independence day as such I will be civil to you .I seriously doubt you understand some of the Statements you are making
Building a first class Military Base in Nigeria or America is nothing you the difference is they are built for Nigerians by Nigerians and are occupied and used by Nigerians.
Let me get back on Topic.
Kenya has spent Millions on Somalia
Nigeria has spent Millions on Somalia
Ethiopia has spent Millions on Somalia.
Neither Country built a permanent base there
Because each African Country came there to help their African brothers and Sisters in time of need.
There is no ulterior motive.It shows the level of Colonial mentality that still exists in you that you would praise a European Country that has been shown to have an extremely dodgy record in the Middle East as your source of administration.

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
Some people here need to internalise this:

Redemption Song
Old pirates, yes, they rob I
Sold I to the merchant ships
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the Almighty
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly
Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever have
Redemption songs
Redemption songs

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
'Cause none of them can stop the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look? Ooh
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the Book

Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever have
Redemption songs
Redemption songs
Redemption songs

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Wo! Have no fear for atomic energy
'Cause none of them-a can-a stop-a the time
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look?
Yes, some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fulfill the book
Won't you have to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever had
Redemption songs
All I ever had
Redemption songs
These songs of freedom
Songs of freedom

Written by Bob Marley, Edward Francis Rimbault, Edwin R. Hawkins, Philipp Doddridge • Copyright © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGgbT_VasI

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Sizzorkay:
You actually think Turkey spent all that money just so do something for Somalia? oh boy, you can't be that naive. What's the importance of Somalia to turkey? Nothing, what they need on the African continent is a foothold, and Somalia just gave it to them, hell you could say they chose the one country they can easily manipulate to accomplish that mission.
To think all that was built for Somalia? lol, that is funny. Sure Somalia will have some facility access etc, But what Turkey will get is far more than what Somalia will get out of this. Just think about it, what's the purpose? What kind of relationship do they have, what's the span of that relationship? What's the trade value btw both Countries? I'm guessing less than 2 million dollars? Please.
It's all about influence and gaining a foothold, you get crumbs, they get access. Wake up.
Every hen and sheep wants to build a freaking military base on the continent, and some fools are celebrating that, unreal.
Why not ask them to allow Somalia to build same in their country in return, then see them roll their eyes and say hell no.
When these people call your friends, call you important, they are just patronizing you, they are lying. This continent need smart leaders, smh

Brilliant post bro. it is unforgivable some of the comments some people post here.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
LTGEN:

Today is Nigeria's Independence day as such I will be civil to you .I seriously doubt you understand some of the Statements you are making
Building a first class Military Base in Nigeria or America is nothing you the difference is they are built for Nigerians by Nigerians and are occupied and used by Nigerians.
Because each African Country came there to help their African brothers and Sisters in time of need.
There is no ulterior motive.It shows the level of Colonial mentality that still exists in you that you would praise a European Country that has been shown to have an extremely dodgy record in the Middle East as your source of administration.
Brilliant post bro.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
newafricaken254:
despite the corruption in the Nigerian military even some officers quarters will leave you surprised. Some of our military hospital complex will leave you stunned. We have some great facilities here.

The last is a Girls school for officers kids.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
LTGEN:

wise man. Nice one. A Somalia that does not have hospital facilities and basic infrastructure is the one that they are building that kind of structure in. If they want to help let them build a Turkish university of science, let them build Turkish hospitals and let them build water systems and roads.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
LTGEN:

nigeria and kenya has spent millions in somalia!dont make me laugh.everyone sends their troops in somalia to get a slice of UN cash.stop bullsh@ting your self with that pan africa nonsense(if you have being close to somali's ,you would have known .they don't consider themselves africa's.why do you think they more concerned with dispute between saudi and qatar !?why do you think somalia,helped start insurgencies in kenya and ethiopian regions resided by somali's and even invade ethiopia!?do you think somali's consider themselves to be negroid like you and me !?you need to educate yourself on the history of the region,before allowing emotions dictate your understanding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Somalia

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Sizzorkay:

did you even watch the news video to give your opinion!?they will get some access !are you serious!400 hectares consisting of training schools and dormitories or do you think it has secret underground bunkers where they are hiding tanks,aircrafts e.t.c somalis are muslim and they want a fellow muslims to invest in their country ,not africans or anglo saxon christians. they don't give a damn about pan africanism. why do you think they are in hurry to join the arab league.this are the people they have intermarried with for centuries and even share a religion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaWUXR2Ukxk

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:39am On Oct 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
nigeria and kenya has spent millions in somalia!dont make me laugh.everyone sends their troops in somalia to get a slice of UN cash.stop bullsh@ting your self with that pan africa nonsense(if you have being close to somali's ,you would have known .they don't consider themselves africa's.why do you think they more concerned with dispute between saudi and qatar !?why do you think somalia,helped start insurgencies in kenya and ethiopian regions resided by somali's and even invade ethiopia!?do you think somali's consider themselves to be negroid like you and me !?you need to educate yourself on the history of the region,before allowing emotions dictate your understanding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Somalia
This shows how naive you really after.
The U.N. does not simply dole out cash.
Kenya after their initial invasion of Somalia had to wait months amidsts bickering from the U.N.that it was A.U. affair.
Ethiopia repeatedly threatened to pull out BECAUSE they were not paid .
Ditto Uganda.
For your uneducated mind
1 hectare is 2.75acres
A modern small town is 80 acres by 80 Acres approximately 6 square miles
The Somali Elite gave them the equivalent of 5 towns. Let that sink in.
Somalian policemen and Women are being trained by Nigerian Policemen and Women.
Somalia "Donated" 400 hectares" So that is the price you gleefully show pictures of Somalian Women in Turkey.
I got one for your ignorant ass: The biggest/ Largest Refugee Camp in the World is located in Kenya , Do you think those Somalian regard themselves as Arab ?
If Turkey loves Somalia so much why don't they take Somalian refugees?
Somalia's only well known export to the World is Coal.
How much Coal are they exporting to Turkey.?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:19am On Oct 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
i understand you because you haven't seen a world class military training facility in the sub sahara countries

LOL, get a load of this guy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 2:26am On Oct 02, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 3:39am On Oct 02, 2017
May God have mercy on your soul smiley
I'm not here to argue, good luck with your base

newafricaken254:
did you even watch the news video to give your opinion!?they will get some access !are you serious!400 hectares consisting of training schools and dormitories or do you think it has secret underground bunkers where they are hiding tanks,aircrafts e.t.c somalis are muslim and they want a fellow muslims to invest in their country ,not africans or anglo saxon christians. they don't give a damn about pan africanism. why do you think they are in hurry to join the arab league.this are the people they have intermarried with for centuries and even share a religion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaWUXR2Ukxk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:21am On Oct 02, 2017
LTGEN:

Somalia is not aspiring to be in the League of developed Nations.
Somalia is on the path to becoming a colony of Turkey.
Don't worry in 10 -20 years time .Those African countries you are referring to will help Somalia win it's war of Independence.

LOL - colony of Turkey

Its just a training establishment, soft power my dude, soft power.

Somalia is in a prime location, having a friendly state in the region would be of massive geopol significance.

If it was a logistics base it would be a different story, but even then... not really..

Take Djibouti for example... whos colony are they? There are US, Jap and Chinese bases there....

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:23am On Oct 02, 2017
Sizzorkay:

I dont see african nations lining up to build training facilities in Somalia... so what choice do they have?

If you think that the Turks are interested in Africa, you are mistaken.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:21am On Oct 02, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

You want to see pictures of the BTR’s in the field? I have those.
But remember they were acquired in very little numbers so they are hard to come across.

The BTR4 seems not to be as advertised. Iraq rejected their order because of multiple flaws like poor welding, engine problems,... so did Indonesia and even Ukraine's own military
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:35am On Oct 02, 2017
Tinfoil:

The BTR4 seems not to be as advertised. Iraq rejected their order because of multiple flaws like poor welding, engine problems,... so did Indonesia and even Ukraine's own military

Dont forget that "rust" was cited as being the cause for the Iraqi's sending them back.

Now, I dont know much about rust. But for the Iraqi's to send back a huge order of modern IFV's right at the moment that ISL was tearing through the Iraqi Army and right after they had lost one of their biggest weapon depo's, and while the iraqits were in the process of bringing back their own rusted and wartorn hulks
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-workshop/iraqs-newest-conflict-rescues-rusting-tanks-from-scrapheap-idUSKBN0M718T20150311

there must be some serious fvcking rust

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 5:54am On Oct 02, 2017
Right, the Turks were just being charitable then huh? Good one.

patches689:

I dont see african nations lining up to build training facilities in Somalia... so what choice do they have?

If you think that the Turks are interested in Africa, you are mistaken.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:16am On Oct 02, 2017
Sizzorkay:
Right, the Turks were just being charitable then huh? Good one.

Who said that they didnt have an interest?

If you think the interest is Africa, and not the gulf and nearby Yemen, then you are mistaken
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:41am On Oct 02, 2017
patches689:

LOL, get a load of this guy
so we can categories south africa as a sub sahara country!?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:56am On Oct 02, 2017
LTGEN:

This shows how naive you really after.
The U.N. does not simply dole out cash.
Kenya after their initial invasion of Somalia had to wait months amidsts bickering from the U.N.that it was A.U. affair.
Ethiopia repeatedly threatened to pull out BECAUSE they were not paid .
Ditto Uganda.
For your uneducated mind
1 hectare is 2.75acres
A modern small town is 80 acres by 80 Acres approximately 6 square miles
The Somali Elite gave them the equivalent of 5 towns. Let that sink in.
Somalian policemen and Women are being trained by Nigerian Policemen and Women.
Somalia "Donated" 400 hectares" So that is the price you gleefully show pictures of Somalian Women in Turkey.
I got one for your ignorant ass: The biggest/ Largest Refugee Camp in the World is located in Kenya , Do you think those Somalian regard themselves as Arab ?
If Turkey loves Somalia so much why don't they take Somalian refugees?
Somalia's only well known export to the World is Coal.
How much Coal are they exporting to Turkey.?
this i-mbecile think i don't know anything thats going on in east african,somalia is not known for exporting coal.its charcoal and you want tell me you something about somalia !?stick to west africa politics,i told you ,you thick head fool they don't like Negroids(what ever support you give to them,it doesn't matter to them) how many times do you think kenyans have asked somalia refugees why they didn't settle in arabs. when the war broke out but rather they opted to reside in kenyan and ethiopia and we never get an answer !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:59am On Oct 02, 2017
(15 Feb 1978) A Boeing 707 of Egypt Air was intercepted by Kenyan air force jets on Wednesday (15 February) and forced to land at Nairobi Airport. According to the official kenyan news agency, it was the fourth Somali-bound egyptian plane to intrude on Kenyan airspace within a week. Earlier in the week Kenya had refused an Egyptian request to overfly its territory en route to Somalia, said the news agency. The reason was that Kenya did not know what cargo would be taken. When examined the entire cargo was munitions.this was during the Ogaden War between ethiopia and somalia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvTN2R3f1QE

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:55am On Oct 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
so we can categories south africa as a sub sahara country!?

So i can categorize you as someone whom has never looked at a map?

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2017
off topic :it seems someone is butchering people in los vegas,just watched a video of someone who was filming during a concert and automatic gunfire .followed by people scampering for safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3HSNQ9zHRM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:10am On Oct 02, 2017
patches689:

So i can categorize you as someone whom has never looked at a map?
then define sub sahara africa ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
off topic :it seems someone is butchering people in los vegas,just watched a video of someone who was filming during a concert and automatic gunfire .followed by people scampering for safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3HSNQ9zHRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ixInjs0C4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
then define sub sahara africa ?

That part of Africa which is below the sahara (hence sub- below, less than - Sahara)

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2017
patches689:

That part of Africa which is below the sahara (hence sub- below, less than - Sahara)
why then are Somalia, Djibouti, Comoros and Mauritania ,not part of sub sahara countries
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2017
Egyptian army graduand during Graduation Ceremony of the Reserve Officers College

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2017
General / Sadaki Sobhy, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of Defense and Military Production, meets the Second Field Army Officers of the Reserve

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2017
The culmination of the joint training exercise "Faisal 11" in the presence of the Commanders of Egyptian Air Force and Saudi Arabia air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2017
The culmination of the joint training exercise "Faisal 11" in the presence of the Commanders of Egyptian Air Force and Saudi Arabia air force

(1) (2) (3) ... (1419) (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) ... (2861) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: ehemwhy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.