Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,077 members, 7,922,609 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:17 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6108786 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) ... (2861) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Litmus: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2017

iblawi:

grin Everyone is laughing at them. Igbo men and dirty politics are 5&6. Zuma is of no use to them and he has done nothing to deserve such recognition.

Iblawi, the right and mature thing to do would be to apologise for the offence you caused. If others can apologise to the undeserving guests on here the least you can do is apologise to your fellow Nigerians for your more egregious offence.

As for the governor, I'm going to be contrary and, setting aside the politics of the thing, claim that the man has imagination, a quality more common among Nigerians than others in Africa, I find. I consider the governor's history in such projects, take into account his need to employ competent advisers for such schemes in future and overlook the cynicism inherent in talk of kickbacks as objective. There are and probably will be no end to the requirements for healthcare, housing, education, and all the rest of the developmental needs African leaders have to tackle and which world organisations and leaders of first world nations prescribe - often in ways too paternalistic or righteous– and so African leaders need to be brave and unconventional sometimes. They need to see beyond these SENSIBLE prescriptions or have their jurisdictions moribund in ways those very prescriptions omit or even countermine. Perhaps those prescriptions work as guidelines only but the general public of these jurisdictions cannot appreciate this, who knows. An aesthetic garden or public park may serve the public interest (in terms of well-being) better than as a health care facility. Taken into consideration the greater amount of individuals, the former (aesthetic park) may preclude the need for the latter (health facility) occasionally. Many on this thread could and have articulated rightly why a Nation like Nigeria should invest in short to long-term security and yet all such views can be subsumed by the need for the development goals mentioned above. Spending on a series of health complexes instead of state-of-art artillery system may seem the sensible thing to do but not so much if you're relying on the compassion or the humanitarian soft-spot of hostile nations.

tongue phew, that was though

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
This year KDF released " MAJESHI YETU "magazine,shows a member kenya special forces with new combat camo Uniform

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
Litmus:

Iblawi, the right and mature thing to do would be to apologise for the offence you caused.

As for the governor, I'm going to be contrary and, setting aside the politics of the thing, claim that the man has imagination, a quality more common among Nigerians than others in Africa, I find. I consider the governor's history in such projects, take into account his need to employ competent advisers for such schemes in future and overlook the cynicism inherent in talk of kickbacks as objective. There are and probably will be no end to the requirements for healthcare, housing, education, and all the rest of the developmental needs African leaders have to tackle and which world organisations and leaders of first world nations prescribe - often in ways too paternalistic or righteous– and so African leaders need to be brave and unconventional sometimes. They need to see beyond these SENSIBLE prescriptions or have their jurisdictions moribund in ways those very prescriptions omit or even countermine. Perhaps those prescriptions work as guidelines only but the general public of these jurisdictions cannot appreciate this, who knows. An aesthetic garden or public park may serve the public interest (in terms of well-being) better than as a health care facility. Taken into consideration the greater amount of individuals, the former (aesthetic park) may preclude the need for the latter (health facility) occasionally. Many on this thread could and have articulated rightly why a Nation like Nigeria should invest in short to long-term security and yet all such views can be subsumed by the need for the development goals mentioned above. Spending on a series of health complexes instead of state-of-art artillery system may seem the sensible thing to do but not so much if you're relying on the compassion or the humanitarian soft-spot of hostile nations.

tongue phew, that was though

I would have done just that but it's of no use. My intent was not to insult Igbos but their response could have made me do so. I just didn't want to turn this tread upside down. I referred to igbo politicians and not the entire Igbos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway7575: 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
With this response, it must be said this iblawi guy really breeds idiocy.
iblawi:

I would have done just that but it's of no use. My intent was not to insult Igbos but their response could have made me do so. I just didn't want to turn this tread upside down. I referred to igbo politicians and not the entire Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Deway7575:

It's of no use replying f00ls
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
Patented:
Haba Bros!! How could you consider this guy? Same dude that is said to have renamed the state secretariat after his daughter

Looool I m disappointed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
iblawi:

iblawi apologize shekina and move on,

Your assertion was wrongmy perceived and your initial post was to direct a simple use of.politicians would have been enough or you think someone like el rufai would not organise a durbar and a turbaning ceremony
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchime(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
newafricaken254:
this is the reason why black Africans have suffered slavery and colonization,petty divisive tribalism
there is nothing tribalist about what I said, Igbo's only have 5 states out of 36 with anambra being the highest of about 5million people, even the 40million that I put was because I added the south south regions.....so you see I just decided to correct his false statement
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway7575: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
This nitwit assumed that Nigeria's favorite past time activity (insulting Igbos) will be tolerated here. Think again, dimwit.
iblawi:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
Okorasha is an Nigerian before anything else,he is a Nigerian Governor ! it's not smart to put it on the Igbos if someone wants to associate it with a group then it must blame 190 million Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
This is so lame.....Silence would have even been better

iblawi:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
Cannonleo:
iblawi apologize shekina and move on,

Your assertion was wrongmy perceived and your initial post was to direct a simple use of.politicians would have been enough or you think someone like el rufai would not organise a durbar and a turbaning ceremony
It's OK.

Igbo politicians am sorry for insulting you. Am really sorry.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hope we can move on now. I have apologized to the people I insulted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
iblawi:
iblawi:

It's OK.

Igbo politicians am sorry for insulting you. Am really sorry.

Are you dumb ?? you didn't insult igbo politicians you insulted "Igbo me"
the internet doesn't forget.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
iblawi:
maturity...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
To all igbo men am sorry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
So much wahala see what politicians are creating even on Nairaland ahahahha

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
newafricaken254:
This year KDF released " MAJESHI YETU "magazine,shows a member kenya special forces with new combat camo Uniform
this uniform is way better than the previous ones especially the KAF own. they looked like Ankara grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
Deway7575:
Obviously, That reply confirms it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
iblawi:
omo iya do the right thing fa
Na "Igbo men" you yarn no be politicians
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
Odunayaw:
omo iya do the right thing fa
Na "Igbo men" you yarn no be politicians
I've apologized already to all igbo men.

I deleted my initial post because the guy I quoted also insulted me. I've fixed the problem sha.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
http://news-af.op-mobile.opera.com/news/detail/e30de0c7de16ba8df159a4c5149296b7_ng
How bad did the War get in 2014 ?
Rather than send our NAF pilots for TRAINING Nigeria sent for and hired Mercs
Today thank God ALL our HELIOS are manned by Nigerians
( Courtesy of XNUR 44)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kenya has delivered 11 tons of medical supplies to Government of Somalia in a humanitarian effort towards aiding victims Mogadishu blast

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
since we've all calmed down...

any remarks on this... [Analysis] South African Air Force Gripen versus Angolan Air Force Sukhoi Su-30K flanker who wins?

http://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2017/10/analysis-south-african-air-force-gripen.html?m=1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
LTGEN:
http://news-af.op-mobile.opera.com/news/detail/e30de0c7de16ba8df159a4c5149296b7_ng
How bad did the War get in 2014 ?
Rather than send our NAF pilots for TRAINING Nigeria sent for and hired Mercs
Today thank God ALL our HELIOS are manned by Nigerians
( Courtesy of XNUR 44)
and we laugh at Chad for using mercs too...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
lionel4power:

any remarks on this... [Analysis] South African Air Force Gripen versus Angolan Air Force Sukhoi Su-30K flanker who wins?

http://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2017/10/analysis-south-african-air-force-gripen.html?m=1

Didn't read the article (no time right now)....but stole this nice pic lol.

SAAF Gripens

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
The medical supplies were handed over by Kenyan Maj Gen (Rtd) Lucas Tumbo to Somalia's Minister of Health & Social Services & Mogadishu's Mayor.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
lionel4power:

Gripen wins comprehensively, If it was the Su30MKA it would've been much more even.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
lionel4power:

I read it the last time but didn't comment on it because the person only know a little about Angolan airforce to the extent that he forgot the Angolan airforce have SU-27, su25 & mig 23 as well as other fighter jets which can be used to their advantage. The claim of the Gripens out numbering the Angola jets is wrong.

Secondly, how did he know the weapons Angolans have for the su-30? Generally I will recommend the writer dig up more facts about Angolan military before attempting to give us a balanced view.

Thirdly, the writer made us believe the Gripen is better than SU-30 irrespective of the radar that compensate for higher RCS of the SU-30.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
lionel4power:

AIRCRAFT READINESS/AVAILABILITY

the above label i believe should have addressed operational availability / turnaround time etc

i can have 50 X fighters and u can have 25 Y fighters

this does not necessarily translate in a 2X advantage for me over u.

consider this............ u attack me with 5 of ur aircraft's and i send up 10 of mine to intercept u

ur aircrafts abort mission and turn tail grin

i land back with all my 10 aircraft's

but since they have a long turnaround time and u decide to attack my base again

i am able to get only 5 of my aircraft's airborne , now since ur survival chances r better u give me a fight and... i maybe or may not be toast grin

i have lost my numerical superiority inspite of having larger no of aircraft's than u..

again since war has been declared i will have to generate enough sorties to protect my airspace against an intrusion or simply to deter u

however even with my larger no of aircraft's if my aircraft's operational availability is low due to higher upkeep time , i will not be able to adequate cover all my airspace 24 hr a day , hence my airspace will be open to intrusion from exposed points.

and remember aircraft's r distributed over numerous bases ,so one base will have limited nos of aircraft's to utilize to defend a sector

the safest place for a fighter is in the air , and the most unsafe place is when it is on the ground when conflict breaks out.

so low operational availability and high turnaround time is an Achilles heel during wars

another point generally CGI is carried out for base defence

note : the was a generalized and personal view , not related to gripen/su30 comparison , that honor belongs to lionel4power to do grin

and keep doing such articles and also read a lot to get more insight smiley

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
patches689:

I would prefer to see movement in terms of battalion and brigade level drones.

Those little civilian quad-copter drones have proven to be infinity effective in Syria - imagine what actual professional soldiers could do with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZc5J2Rv7xQ <--- TFW a civilian militia commander is sitting back in his HQ, watching an armored platoon assault enemy positions, in real-time.

But gotta take what we can, I guess.

At $120K for 1 complete UAV system comprising 2 day helicopters, 2 night helicopters, a base station, controller, display unit, simulator and operator training, only SF, STF, PPU and the domestic spooks of the SSA will get it.
Joburg Metro apparently has a Specops unit and they're rumoured to also be interested.
Law enforcement has quad-copters.

But yes, battalion and brigade level drones are much-needed. Some of us cannot understand why Military Intelligence acquired Seeker 400s ahead of 10 Squadron SAAF. Their brief is strategic, not tactical. Plus they're such a law unto themselves the Denel Dynamics guys training them can't wait to be rid of them.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
iblawi:

I read it the last time but didn't comment on it because the person only know a little about Angolan airforce to the extent that he forgot the Angolan airforce have SU-27, su25 & mig 23 as well as other fighter jets which can be used to their advantage. The claim of the Gripens out numbering the Angola jets is wrong.

Secondly, how did he know the weapons Angolans have for the su-30? Generally I will recommend the writer dig up more facts about Angolan military before attempting to give us a balanced view.

Thirdly, the writer made us believe the Gripen is better than SU-30 irrespective of the radar that compensate for higher RCS of the SU-30.

Here is a much better article written by defence journalist Darren Oliver:

https://www.africandefence.net/angolas-su-30ks-are-not-a-serious-threat-to-the-south-african-air-force/

You are to also read the comments section...Some great comedy by the one and only agubugu!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) ... (2861) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.