Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,634 members, 7,926,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:58 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6116360 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (2862) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
EOD unit from the Engineers brigade clearing IEDs and unexploded shells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op6ba86Ohg8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
SAAF Oryx, eastern DRC

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nigerian Police Bell 412 Helicopters.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
i baffle for some people, if and IED digs a crater of this size, it would have thrown this bigfoot MRAP 25 meters away,
the road was washed up by erosion and the bigfoot was passing close, but because of its weight the edge collapsed.

you can see sand bags earlier used to prevent expansion of the erosion.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2015

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
SAAF Rooivalk

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
sudan airforce SU-24

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
Henry120:
SAAF Rooivalk
Seems that you quite like the Rooivalk Mr Henry.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
frumentius:

Lost your way from that other thread? We post pics and videos here, with no shafting mechanism measurement contests!

haha! I have been on this thread longer than you, so i know what it is about. I came on here from the very first day it started.

Anyway, in the Vice News video posted here sometime ago, that's what one of the soldiers said in part 2. It was so funny that it caught my attention.

Anyway, back to the topic.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
One of my favourite SANDF weapon systems also one of the most underrated systems for me personally: The Valkiri MLRS

Small, Fast , Agile and Air transportable. It can also easily be disguised as a civilian truck by simply throwing a canvas over the rockets.

And even though it looks simple its loaded with the same kit as the Bateleur for exp: Tyre pressure gage, remote firing capability , advanced sights ect ect.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
NAF new Alpha in snow land.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
jln115:

Seems that you quite like the Rooivalk Mr Henry.

Nope, Nigeria's MI-35m Helicopter....... now that's a chopper i quite like.

However to your question, what Helicopter(s) do you think is the most photographed in Africa?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nigerian Troops in limitless morale mood!! cool cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Troops in limitless morale mood!! cool cool
ihejirika really tried for d army.he achieved alot

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
Henry120:

Nope, Nigeria's MI-35m Helicopter....... now that's a chopper i quite like.

However to your question, what Helicopter(s) do you think is the most photographed in Africa?
hmmm?.....In Africa? Ill say the KA-50.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
jln115:

hmmm?.....In Africa? Ill say the KA-50.

I seriously doubt we are on the same page.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
giles14:
ihejirika really tried for d army.he achieved alot

Yeah.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Henry120:

I seriously doubt we are on the same page.
Sarcasm bro!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
jln115:

Sarcasm bro!!

The Rooivalk is the most photographed attack helicopter in Africa.

The Oryx is the most photographed medium lift Helicopter in Africa.

The Gripen is the most photographed Fighter jet in Africa, same as hawk been the most photographed trainer.

It isn't uncommon that they would feature prominently in this thread. It has nothing to do with preference.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Henry120:

The Rooivalk is the most photographed attack helicopter in Africa.

The Oryx is the most photographed medium lift Helicopter in Africa.

The Gripen is the most photographed Fighter jet in Africa, same as hawk been the most photographed trainer.

It isn't uncommon that they would feature prominently in this thread. It has nothing to do with preference.
Dude I know!!!!!!!!!!

What is it with you guys and sarcasm? I mean it was so obvious that I was sarcastic when I said the KA-50 was the most photographed helicopter in Africa even though no African country operates it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 28, 2015
jln115:

Dude I know!!!!!!!!!!

What is it with you guys and sarcasm? I mean it was so obvious that I was sarcastic when I said the KA-50 was the most photographed helicopter in Africa even though no African country operates it.

I know you were been sarcastic, but without them in quotes, i wasn't really sure.

My further comment wasn't necessarily directed at you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Henry120:

I know you were been sarcastic, but without them in quotes, i wasn't really sure.

My further comment wasn't necessarily directed at you.
Ok cool mate sorry about that then!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerian Police, Election protest

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2015
Nigerian Police.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Senegalese boarding team

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2015
Senegal

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 28, 2015
Yes..... we all saw this coming!! grin grin

SAAF Rooivalk

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2015
Repost.

Nigerian made Light armoured vehicles(LAV). All of them built on a toyota based driveline, similar to the Streit cougar LAV.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
NAF VIP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
Olifant MK1B and MK2:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:10am On Apr 29, 2015
Pictures from the Botswana defense force day which took place a few days ago
Credits go to:Aviation Art Botswana

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (2862) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.