Stats: 3,186,762 members, 7,930,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:30 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6121075 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (2862) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:26am On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:

I asked,what role is the test bed playing.
The role of an Attack Helicopter bro undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:29am On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:

The max speed is 306 if l am wrong show me.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2020
what site is that?Hope it ain't a fan boy site? No aircraft name?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:50am On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:
what site is that?Hope it ain't a fan boy site? No aircraft name?
I already posted the site address, it just that you didn't bother to go look, hence I posted the screenshot

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2020
Speed: 190 mph (305 kph; 165 kts)
Ceiling: 23,507 feet (7,165 m; 4.45 miles)
https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=1522

http://www.military-today.com/helicopters/oryx.htm
Maximum speed 306 km/h
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:

Speed: 190 mph (305 kph; 165 kts)
Ceiling: 23,507 feet (7,165 m; 4.45 miles)
https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=1522

http://www.military-today.com/helicopters/oryx.htm
Maximum speed 306 km/h

My sources are straight from SAAF who operate both aircraft

Anyway I'm not going to argue as 5km per hour is virtually nothing. So I'll coincide the fact that at the very least the A109 and Oryx have more or less the same speed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:
Defenc web coza 165knts = 305km

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/resources/fact-files/fact-file-denel-m1-oryx/

"Anyway I'm not going to argue as 5km per hour is virtually nothing. So I'll coincide the fact that at the very least the A109 and Oryx have more or less the same speed."

According to the same source

The cruise speed of the A109 is 153knts and the Cruise speed of the Oryx is 152knts

Although in literally every thing else the Oryx trumps the A109 in raw performance
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
jl115:

My sources are straight from SAAF who operate both aircraft

Anyway I'm not going to argue as 5km per hour is virtually nothing. So I'll coincide the fact that at the very least the A109 and Oryx have more or less the same speed.

Maybe it is the never exceed speed they quoted,the max speed of the super puma from which the oryx came is 278kmph with a never exceed of 324
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
jl115:

"Anyway I'm not going to argue as 5km per hour is virtually nothing. So I'll coincide the fact that at the very least the A109 and Oryx have more or less the same speed."

According to the same source

The cruise speed of the A109 is 153knts and the Cruise speed of the Oryx is 152knts

Let's agree on that,on the question of attack helicopters, whatever floats your boat. This is a picture thread.It has been derailed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:

Maybe it is the never exceed speed they quoted,the max speed of the super puma from which the oryx came is 278kmph with a never exceed of 324
cruise speed for oryx is 152knts or 281km/h and the A109 is 283km/h or 153knts
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:

Let's agree on that,on the question of attack helicopters, whatever floats your boat. This is a picture thread.It has been derailed
it's been derailed many many times.... And will be derailed many many times...... At least our debates are still on topic with regards to African Militaries
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
jl115:
cruise speed for oryx is 152knts or 281km/h and the A109 is 283km/h or 153knts

Yes I know. What I am suggesting is that the envelope of the operating speed ( crusing and max)of the puma has been pushed by the oryx but the never exceed speed of the original manufacturer has been kept intact.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:

Yes I know. What I am suggesting is that the envelope of the operating speed ( crusing and max)of the puma has been pushed by the oryx but the never exceed speed of the original manufacturer has been kept intact.
yeah I get it wink

But as you can see the Oryx ain't some lumbering slow helicopter that somehow got charged into an AH as Jimi24 claimed

What the Oryx really is, is arguably the best medium size helicopter for hot and high conditions currently in service anywhere in the world.

In terms of raw performance you'll not find a better helicopter in its class.......

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
Jimi24:

Kindly tell if there are any special distinguishing features of an AH compared to an ordinary chopper.
NONE.
Some say the thinner profile of AH64 compared with Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawks making them harder to shoot down BUT the MI 24s and MI 35s dont have thin profile.

Agility, A109s may be faster and agile than MI 35s. In fact MI 24s used to get shot down easily Stringer missiles.

As far as I am concerned A109K is a counter insurgency class ATTACK HELICOPTER.
I wont send it out against Algerian armour but it will destroy Boko Haram gun trucks and unhardened bunkers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ORAFA(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2020
Jimi24:
Meanwhile - This chopper would launch drones and is a hint as to what the new generation battle field would look like:

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://futurism.com/the-byte/attack-helicopter-launch-drones&hl=en-NG
Please do I need to register my drone in Nigeria before flying it? Its a DJI Mavic Mini with a weight of 249grams. Thank you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Imeandmine: 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
dragon2:

I think our A109's ,due to their speed, will act as armed scouts/first responder to suppress the boko-haram technicals while the alpha jets (likely second responders) will arrive to bomb.The mi35 will probably come late and take out any remaining heavy technicals armed with AAA missed by the alphas,and the retreating forces wiped out by the A109's.

Oga i don understand

What abut the ball with eyes

How is pilot look for targets

With telescope from inside the helicptr ? undecided

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Imeandmine: 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
ORAFA:

Please do I need to register my drone in Nigeria before flying it? Its a DJI Mavic Mini with a weight of 249grams. Thank you.

Oga you need a license plate to fix on the drone before flying it in naija and you need to aplly for the license first.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Imeandmine: 4:56pm On Jan 30, 2020
Am talking abt this Ball with eyes

Blue colour

How will pilot see without it

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Imeandmine: 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
jl115:
yeah I get it wink

But as you can see the Oryx ain't some lumbering slow helicopter that somehow got charged into an AH as Jimi24 claimed

What the Oryx really is, is arguably the best medium size helicopter for hot and high conditions currently in service anywhere in the world.

In terms of raw performance you'll not find a better helicopter in its class.......
You are inteligent shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2020
Breaking; I have confirmed news from my sources from DHQ and Army HQ that Nigeria's Service Chiefs have been relieved. Official announcement will be in the coming days (first days of February). Army, Navy, Airforce and CDS gone while IG of Police remains. They were sacked days ago even before the calls from the National Assembly. As of now, I don't know who the successors are.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
Enough of this bs about choppers, jeez

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
And who in their right mind fires the air force chief, is that a joke? lord

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
Imeandmine:

You are inteligent shocked
I know right wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ORAFA(m): 10:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
Imeandmine:

Oga you need a license plate to fix on the drone before flying it in naija and you need to aplly for the license first.

Where do I go for it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 4:14am On Jan 31, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2020
RBS 70 manpad and Giraffe AMB Radar Tunisia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
mine countermeasures vessel El-kasseh class . algerian navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
AW 139 rescue . algerian navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
Niger Republic please.
Who else suspects that some world powers have made the decision to kill Boko Haram that they escalated and were secretly supporting before hence making their troops no more required?
France, US withdrawing troops.
Chad withdrew troops from MNJTF, the few coming back seem to be for mop ups

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2020
Morocco

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (2862) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)