Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,035 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:57 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6066764 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by KingAzubuike(f): 9:14pm On May 16, 2020
Nicheey:

Guy no dey wyn ya sef, tag me na, you dey fear?. Mention where i say may we use howitzer sink ship? Comprehension dey hard u i swear.

I made emphasize on beach landing. I said we could use the ceaser as costal defence. No dey misquote my talk may our two no get issue o, wida ya eyes na.
You're a very big clown boy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2020
Kabe2:
DSS close protection unit Nigeria

Guy I just saw an M203 Grenade launcher on their riffle shocked shocked

How come I haven't seen any military guy with that M203 sad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:04pm On May 16, 2020
joshingjosh:

Guy I just saw an M203 Grenade launcher on their riffle shocked shocked

How come I haven't seen any military guy with that M203 sad
707 special forces brigade deployed to OPLD uses em on their rifles..
I've also seen a couple of soilders with their guns fitted with it

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 10:25pm On May 16, 2020
Kabe2:
Construction of SA Navy's Hydrographic Research Survey Vessel.

Today saw the erection of the H2A bow of the vessel.

A first for South Africa and the continent, the vessel would not only provide detailed mapping of the ocean floor and better geographical data for vessels such as submarines but would also have massive civilian benefits.

Side view of what this South-African built ship would look like when completed.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:08pm On May 16, 2020
Iblawi1:

Bro abeg no flog me o. Turkey, weytin consine aircraft carrier with beach landing?

Your problem plenty Sha.

You should read before jumping into conclusions.

Jln115 made mention to of transporting 500,000 troops. Shey those troops go remain for aircraft ni? Why una just dey misquote waytin person talk?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:11pm On May 16, 2020
KingAzubuike:

You're a very big clown boy.

Oga wey mumu, i no follow u talk o, mind ya business. Since u just dey do like who em use him sense trade with akara i no talk anything, now i dey correct waytin person misquote say i talk u dey tag me clown. Ode because my opinion differs from yours na why u dey rush tag me clown, ote.may our part no cross again abeg, i no fit dey battle your type of negativity.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:03am On May 17, 2020
Nicheey:

Jln115 made mention to of transporting 500,000 troops. Shey those troops go remain for aircraft ni? Why una just dey misquote waytin person talk?

Don't mind them jare. They don't read, but they are experts in surrender cheesy . nonsense.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 7:24am On May 17, 2020
Nicheey:

Ok am sorry for misquoting you then.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 12:36pm On May 17, 2020
Toju200:
707 special forces brigade deployed to OPLD uses em on their rifles..
I've also seen a couple of soilders with their guns fitted with it

Pics please
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:45pm On May 17, 2020
Kabe2:

Side view of what this South-African built ship would look like when completed.
Whilst they're busy with this on the East Coast in Durban, on the west coast in Cape Town they're not sitting idle.

3 IPVs under construction.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 1:37pm On May 17, 2020
Lurker4Long:

Whilst they're busy with this on the East Coast in Durban, on the west coast in Cape Town they're not sitting idle.

3 IPVs under construction.

I though the IPVs have been suspended for now?

Who is building it, Paramount?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 1:43pm On May 17, 2020
Nigerian navy barges under-construction.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:42pm On May 17, 2020
Kabe2:
Nigerian navy barges under-construction.

Nice angle
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:48pm On May 17, 2020
Kabe2:

3 IPVs under construction by Damen Shipyards Cape Town.

It's the 3 OPVs which have been postponed.

Pic: proposed OPV

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 3:09pm On May 17, 2020
Lurker4Long:

3 IPVs under construction by Damen Shipyards Cape Town.

It's the 3 OPVs which have been postponed.

Pic: proposed OPV

Wait, Paramount lost out in the tenders? That's quite disappointing.

Any pictorial progress of the IPVs?

Although the Boat in your attached picture is an OPV, not an IPV.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 3:10pm On May 17, 2020
bidexiii:

Nice angle

They are very big vessels. Good progress.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fufubear: 3:37pm On May 17, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 3:38pm On May 17, 2020
Botswana army Piranha 8x8 vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 3:40pm On May 17, 2020
More vehicles for Botswana army

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 17, 2020
Kabe2:

the OPVs were suspended not the IPVs.... They are being built by Damen shipyards Cape Town.... First vessel is expected to be delivered in early 2021

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 17, 2020
Kabe2:

Wait, Paramount lost out in the tenders? That's quite disappointing.

Any pictorial progress of the IPVs?

Although the Boat in your attached picture is an OPV, not an IPV.
read his post mate!! He said the pic is of the proposed OPV... Not the IPVs.

Also the IPVs are large 62m in fact.... They are bigger than our current Warrior class OPVs in fact.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 4:01pm On May 17, 2020
jln115:
read his post mate!! He said the pic is of the proposed OPV... Not the IPVs.

Also the IPVs are large 62m in fact.... They are bigger than our current Warrior class OPVs in fact.

I can see that now.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 17, 2020
Kabe2:
Botswana army Piranha 8x8 vehicles.
At one stage Botswana was looking at purchasing K2 tanks from South Korea and 8 Gripen C/D as well
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2020
jln115:
At one stage Botswana was looking at purchasing K2 tanks from South Korea and 8 Gripen C/D as well
16 gripens actually but the deal was dropped
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 17, 2020
Toju200:
16 gripens actually but the deal was dropped
first it was 16 then 8.........and then 0 grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
jln115:
first it was 16 then 8.........and then 0 grin grin
grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 5:36pm On May 17, 2020
mig 25 . alg

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 5:45pm On May 17, 2020
MEKO A200

pic 2 we can see the Anti-torpedo distraction rockets MASS decoy launchersfrom Rheinmetall and the Saab RBS-15 Mk3 anti-ship missiles
pic 4 FN Herstal FN M3M machine gun

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by S400: 6:01pm On May 17, 2020
Combattante III , with Exocet anti-ship missiles , tunisian navy

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 6:53pm On May 17, 2020
INTERNAL SECURITY: NAF DEPLOYS SPECIAL FORCES TO BOOST SECURITY IN NASARAWA STATE, ACTIVATES THE 22 QUICK RESPONSE WING LAFIA

In its bid to add impetus to ongoing operations in the North Central Zone of the Country, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) today, 17 May 2020, deployed additional Special Forces (SF) operatives to Lafia in Nasarawa State. The deployment of the SF elements follows the earlier deployment of a NAF Mi-35P Helicopter Gunship to conduct operations in the area and also marks the formal activation of the 22 Quick Response Wing (22 QRW) Lafia. The objective of the deployment is to hasten the restoration of peace and security to the North Central Zone.

In his address to the troops during the deployment, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who was represented by the Air Officer Commanding Special Operations Command (AOC SOC), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Charles Ohwo, stated that the deployment was aimed at enhancing the existing security architecture in the area. He noted that the 22 QRW was established in 2018 with the objective of bringing security closer to the people by curbing the activities of bandits, kidnappers, cattle rustlers and other criminal elements in Nasarawa State and its environs, working in synergy with sister Services and other security agencies. He noted however that the Unit could not fully commence operations at that time due to some logistics and manpower constraints, which, he said, had recently been overcome in 2 ways. The first, the AOC disclosed, was the recent graduation of additional 94 SF personnel at the NAF Regiment Training Centre (RTC) Annex in Bauchi, while the second was the support provided by the Nasarawa State Government; which paved way for the deployment of the SF elements and their equipment. He therefore used the opportunity to thank the Governor and his entire cabinet for their unrelenting support towards ensuring that security agencies in the State succeed in performing their constitutionally assigned roles. AVM Ohwo also used the opportunity to congratulate the troops for being chosen as part of SF personnel to activate the 22 QRW Lafia. He charged them to continue to uphold the NAF’s core values of ‘Integrity’, ‘Service before Self’ and ‘Excellence’, as they carry out their assigned tasks.

In his remarks, the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State, Engineer Abdulahi Sule, who was present to receive the troops, expressed appreciation for the swift response by the NAF to deploy SF elements to the State which, he said, would help to bring acts of criminality in the State to an end. The Governor added that the deployment was evidence of President Muhammadu Buhari’s pragmatic leadership and the importance the current Federal Government Administration attaches to the security of lives and properties of Nigerians in the North Central part of Nigeria. According to the Governor, “no one could have thought that the response to the requests that I made 3 days back, during a meeting with the President, would come into fruition so quickly”. He therefore thanked the President and the CAS for their efforts geared towards ensuring that peace is restored to Nasarawa and surrounding States.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
17 May 2020

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 6:54pm On May 17, 2020

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 6:55pm On May 17, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.