Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6050167 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 8:42am On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

Maybe it's just my thinking but if am Iran I won't be bothered cause I know that's the worst you can do
LOL, Trump is a crazy man that has absolutely nothing to lose if he orders an attack on Iran in these last days of his administration, in fact he has a lot to gain from it. Iran should be wary.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

Maybe it's just my thinking but if am Iran I won't be bothered cause I know that's the worst you can do
IKR. US is kinda worried that Iran might retaliate the death of of Soulemani. The Middle East is too fvcked and complex to be honest. There are too many warring parties. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

So. In simple terms for every time an f35 leaves the runway 44,000 usd drops

That cost includes the pilot's wages.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

So. In simple terms for every time an f35 leaves the runway 44,000 usd drops

yes and that mean when you buy a jet for exemple a sukhoi 30 MKI with 60 millions dollar per unit . with their service life of 6000 flight hours ( lets say 30 years) . cost flight per hour is around 22.000 dollars per hour . thats 132 millions per jet during its life service .

for exemple algerian air force have with the last contract a fleet of 74 sukhoi 30 MKA so they spent around 4.4 billions dollars to buy them and they will spend around 9.7 billions in their 30 years of service .

even if its difficult to find the true flight cost per hour , the manufacturer will decrease the cost to sell , the competitors will overestimate the cost. you find a lot of different stats on internet .

for the jf 17 block II with 25 millions dollars per unit , with theirr service life of 4000 flight hours ( around 25 years ) . havnt found official stats but lets says the flight cost per hour is cheap . ( less estimation say 4000 dollars / per hour , some say 14.000 dollars / per hour ) . its another 16 millions dolllars at least . to 56 millions dollars to fly one JF17 for 25 years.

if nigeria get in the future a squadron 14 jets + two for formation . the cost for 16 block II . thats 400 millions dollars to buy them and 256 millions $ at least to 856 millions $ to fly them for 25 years

found this doc for SAAF flight cost per hour in round . that 4400 dollars per hour for fuel and DOD of a gripen ??

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2021
kemicalreact:
IKR. US is kinda worried that Iran might retaliate the death of of Soulemani. The Middle East is too fvcked and complex to be honest. There are too many warring parties. grin grin grin

Nope it's just iran, Syria, Yemen against the rest I should put Qatar but don't really understand them..
The US intelligence isn't even sure of the attack they just guessing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 10:17am On Jan 02, 2021
Raaven:

yes and that mean when you buy a jet for exemple a sukhoi 30 MKI with 60 millions dollar per unit . with their service life of 6000 flight hours ( lets say 30 years) . cost flight per hour is around 22.000 dollars per hour . thats 132 millions per jet during its life service .

for exemple algerian air force have with the last contract a fleet of 74 sukhoi 30 MKA so they spent around 4.4 billions dollars to buy them and they will spend around 9.7 billions in their 30 years of service .

even if its difficult to find the true flight cost per hour , the manufacturer will decrease the cost to sell , the competitors will overestimate the cost. you find a lot of different stats on internet .

for the jf 17 block II with 25 millions dollars per unit , with theirr service life of 4000 flight hours . havnt found official stats but lets says the flight cost per hour is cheap . ( less estimation say 4000 dollars / per hour , some say 14.000 dollars / per hour ) . its another 16 millions dolllars at least . to 56 millions dollars to fly one JF17 .

found this doc for SAAF flight cost per hour in round . that 4400 dollars per hour for fuel and DOD of a grippen ??

This doesn't just give me hope for NAF..
The JF 17 might be cheap in all aspects but one have to wonder in the next 10 years will.it still be standing as a good aircraft at that time compared to the sukhoi..well this is just a case of cutting your coat to your size..
In Africa Egypt recurrent expenditures is gonna be mad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 10:35am On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

Nope it's just iran, Syria, Yemen against the rest I should put Qatar but don't really understand them..
The US intelligence isn't even sure of the attack they just guessing
Turkey's interest comes to play here also.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2021
kemicalreact:
I guess this is the one that went to harass Iran in the Persian Gulf grin grin

it was in september . a fleet of 6 B52 flight from artic . approched russian air space . ( it said that was a trap , there was behind them two RC-135V/W Rivet Joint electronic-intelligence scooping up data from russian radars and communications ) . to read https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2020/09/04/a-us-air-force-b-52-just-set-another-intelligence-trap-for-the-russians/

after that they flew over ukraine, then crossed all of europe. to participate in an exercise in Spain (interception of an American destroyer USS Roosevelt ). and went to do small air exercise with the Moroccan F16 and after Tunisian F5 before returning US

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2021
Raaven:

for the jf 17 block II with 25 millions dollars per unit , with theirr service life of 4000 flight hours ( around 25 years ) . havnt found official stats but lets says the flight cost per hour is cheap . ( less estimation say 4000 dollars / per hour , some say 14.000 dollars / per hour ) . its another 16 millions dolllars at least . to 56 millions dollars to fly one JF17 for 25 years.

if nigeria get in the future a squadron 14 jets + two for formation . the cost for 16 block II . thats 400 millions dollars to buy them and 256 millions $ at least to 856 millions $ to fly them for 25 years

found this doc for SAAF flight cost per hour in round . that 4400 dollars per hour for fuel and DOD of a gripen ??

If the unit cost of the JF-17 is $25 million, then Nigeria is most likely getting more than 3 because we've budgeted more than $75 million since we started the acquisition process.

Didn't factor the cost of ammunitions and other weapons systems coming with so I might be wrong.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ken006: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2021
What exactly makes the cost of flying these jets so expensive...I thought some parts are just charged,maintenance and it's refueled and that's not going to cost that much?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 11:16am On Jan 02, 2021
Ken006:
What exactly makes the cost of flying these jets so expensive...I thought some parts are just charged,maintenance and it's refueled and that's not going to cost that much?

The quantity of fuel jet engines consume alone! And it's not the regular fuel you use, it is very expensive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by brosiye99(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
Whyem15:

If the unit cost of the JF-17 is $25 million, then Nigeria is most likely getting more than 3 because we've budgeted more than $75 million since we started the acquisition process.

Didn't factor the cost of ammunitions and other weapons systems coming with so I might be wrong.

I saw a report in 2019 that Pakistan government economic committee approved the sum of 184 million from Nigeria for the purchase of 3 JF17 jets.

This sum includes the missiles, targeting pods and laser guided bombs. I suspect pilot training may be a part of this cost. This brings the sum for each of them to be about 61 million each. Looking at NAF budget from 2017, you would observe that Nigeria was making yearly payments of about 60million USD(about 22 -25 billion naira) for the Jf17 jets which adds up. Subsequent orders should be less than 61 million USD per plane because the infrastructure should be on ground to support the planes and many pilots trained.

However, I think the base sum of 25million USD should be for the base block 1 version with a basic radar and no missiles, pods and armaments added. These add-ons can be very expensive especially radar, targeting pods and missiles. If we have scooped up many missiles with this initial order, then I am sure future orders would be slightly cheaper probably @ 40 million USD per plane for the block 2.

Block 3 would definitely be priced higher since it will have an AESA radar and the most advanced Chinese BVR missile which would put it in the same class as the latest F-16.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
Raaven:

most modern jets cost thousand dollars per hour to fly .

it cost 44.000 dollars per hour to fly for an F35 they are trying to reduce it to 25.000 dollars for 2025 but according to some source it will be difficult .
https://www.defensenews.com/air/2019/05/02/one-of-the-f-35s-cost-goals-may-be-unattainable/

for exemple the flight cost per hour for the sukhoi 35 is also expznsiv around 36.000 dollars per hour .
a rafale around 28.000 dollars per hour

for cost per flight hour , the price is not only for the fuel but also consumable supplies , operation and maintenance , system improvements , unit level manpower needed, depreciation ...

and for the F35 with all the new technology on it, difficulties getting spare parts , its not supprising to be more expensiv . for exemple an F35 pilot helmet alone cost $400,000 grin
the Gripen cost only $2000 per hour shocked shocked...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force JF-17 Fighter Jet
Is this the jet they used to bomb those IDPs to smithereens?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian army artillery
Be like say na only parade dem dey suow this weapons.
Dem don use dem on boko before.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2021
rocketZA:
Sentian Aerospace, Johannesburg.

Progress being made on their UAV.
When woll nigeria army have their own for surveillancde before sending our soldiers to their deaths
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
kabe1:
Recent Nigerian army APC deliveries.

These vehicles are Ex-Jordanian FV-103 Spartan.

Imported recently and delivered to the Nigerian army.
Omo this thing wont survive two years.
Looks rusty.
One oga at the top don chop money
We should be producing it ourselves like these oned

kabe1:
Nigerian made Ezugwu MRAPs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jet.

Deliveries are imminent.
We are waiting to see them in action not in some hangars overseas.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
kemicalreact:
Turkey's interest comes to play here also.

Honestly all I see is turkey trying hard for the world to see it as powerful force
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Raaven:

it was in september . a fleet of 6 B52 flight from artic . approched russian air space . ( it said that was a trap , there was behind them two RC-135V/W Rivet Joint electronic-intelligence scooping up data from russian radars and communications ) . to read https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2020/09/04/a-us-air-force-b-52-just-set-another-intelligence-trap-for-the-russians/

after that they flew over ukraine, then crossed all of europe. to participate in an exercise in Spain (interception of an American destroyer USS Roosevelt ). and went to do small air exercise with the Moroccan F16 and after Tunisian F5 before returning US

In other words trouble dey sleep yanga dey wake am
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
shadowprimezero:
NAF Regt
These guns are good for photoops no doubt
Why does the army keep brandishing cellotaped AKs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
shadowprimezero:

Again with the Turkish drones. Bayraktar has long since weaned itself from Canadian optics by adopting ones made from Aselsan long ago. The same western sanctions refusing to let Turkey buy US made drones led them down this very path to begin with, and where is Turkish aerospace today? Busy pioneering new technologies and and advancing Turkish military capabilities across the globe, while some people keep laughing that Turkey's defense industry is doomed

You'd be hard pressed to find even a single advanced piece of weaponry even in NATO, that doesn't source for parts and hardware from foreign vendors. This is an extremely weak argument.
you love to see
Turkey giving russia a run for the money in the recent karabakh conflict.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Mzal3ndo:
Tanzania Army recruits in Training. The uploader says its Kenya but on ranks of the officer it clearly says JWTZ (Jeshi la Wananchi wa Tanzania) meaning Tanzania Peoples Defense Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MJ1UJY3tik

Omo grin grin grin
Is that live bullets or duds
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bbbwings: 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
kabe1:
Additional Nigerian made Proforce ARA MRAP deliveries for the Nigerian army.
I hope there are stringent oversights on the armour integrity of these vehicles.
We wouldnt want our soldiers to be sitting ducks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Bbbwings:

I hope there are stringent oversights on the armour integrity of these vehicles.
We wouldnt want our soldiers to be sitting ducks.

Were this one come from

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

Honestly all I see is turkey trying hard for the world to see it as powerful force
I agree with you. You Turkey has to deal with the PKK/SDF problem in Syria and Iraq. The funniest part is the US is supporting PKK/SDF in Syria, so Turkey is kinda worried about that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
Military helicopter have been flying of over kaduna for the past tree days, don't know what happening at the base.

Mi 171E
AW 109
Bell 412
EC-135

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
kemicalreact:
I agree with you. You Turkey has to deal with the PKK/SDF problem in Syria and Iraq. The funniest part is the US is supporting PKK/SDF in Syria, so Turkey is kinda worried about that.

My own opinion Honestly they are trying too hard too hard to be seen..most of those conflicts they had no business with it especially Syria.. Just Secure your borders
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

My own opinion Honestly they are trying too hard too hard to be seen..most of those conflicts they had no business with it especially Syria.. Just Secure your borders
You sabi Erdogan grin grin. From my interaction with a lot of Turkish citizens online, a lot of them seem to hate Erdogan, but they support his foreign policy wholeheartedly.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
kemicalreact:
You sabi Erdogan grin grin. From my interaction with a lot of Turkish citizens online, a lot of them seem to hate Erdogan, but they support his foreign policy wholeheartedly.

Russia was called by Assad into Syria,iran entered the picture via Russia.. Turkey entered the picture via US. The US pulled out I expected turkey influence to reduce.. But no erdogan wants to lock horns with Russia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
jteku:
Military helicopter have been flying of over kaduna for the past tree days, don't know what happening at the base.

Mi 171E
AW 109
Bell 412
EC-135

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
marvin906:

Russia was called by Assad into Syria, Iran entered the picture via Russia. Turkey entered the picture via the US. The US pulled out I expected the turkey influence to reduce. But no Erdogan wants to lock horns with Russia

Yes, and Erdogan wants to expand turkey's geopolitical power in Nostalgia of the Ottoman days. Turkey's activities and meddling in Libya, Syria, Azerbaijan, and the Mediterranean Sea have significantly increased in the last 5 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.