Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,727 members, 7,935,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 10:51 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6126329 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2816) (2817) (2818) (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) ... (2863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2023
Meanwhile, in Mozambique.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:42am On Nov 18, 2023
Lurker4Long:

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Yohdarlng(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=Lurker4Long post=127030987][/quote]

I'm sorry, but what kind of riffle is this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
Yohdarlng:

I'm sorry, but what kind of riffle is this?
It's the R4 assault rifle, a South African adaptation of the Israeli Galil.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
3rd and final AW-109 helicopter ordered by the Nigerian navy getting set for delivery to Nigeria.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Yohdarlng(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2023
Lurker4Long:

It's the R4 assault rifle, a South African adaptation of the Israeli Galil.

Ok thanks, that's cool. It looks like a AK - M4 hybrid though

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
Yohdarlng:

Ok thanks, that's cool. It looks like a AK - M4 hybrid though
This graphic explains the evolution: from the Nazis, to the Soviets, to the Finns, to the Isrealis, to we Saffas.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2023
bendeniceguy:
This must count as a base and disgusting post from any halfway intelligent pfool talkless of a normal person. I really can for the life of me not understand why the mods here allow you and that other lurker to keep posting your meaningless and senseless drivel on here!!.
This forum is NAIRALAND. Take your childish tantrums elsewhere if you have any pride and choke on your bile while at it. Both you and that lurker are disgusting lowlives.

Cry us a river, I post what I want... I was here while your dad was still trying to find your mom's nyash to impregnate cool cool

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2023
Lurker4Long:

This graphic explains the evolution: from the Nazis, to the Soviets, to the Finns, to the Isrealis, to we Saffas.

Talk about the CSIR, my lady will be one of the speakers in the attached event.... Yours truly is inspecting the speech. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
Lurker4Long:

I remember in the 80s, the SAAF never flew at night because of Soviet-supplied SAMs

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
Senegalese Special Forces.

They are driving in an IAG Light Patrol Vehicle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
Nigerian Deputy Minister of Defence inspecting T-129 ATAK Helicopters in Turkey

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
kabe1:

Love this colour die.... grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
bidexiii:

Love this colour die.... grin

I would have preferred it in desert cammo or grey like our new Navy helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Nigerian Navy A-109 Trekker

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bendeniceguy: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
GreenandGold:

Cry us a river, I post what I want... I was here while your dad was still trying to find your mom's nyash to impregnate cool cool
Like i suspected, a spineless, empty, gutless lttle rat. Keep running around the net looking for anything Nigerian to spill your dirty guts on🤣🤣🤣🤣 As for your parents, extend my warm greetings to them😘

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force A-109 Trekker

I think that's NN ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
bidexiii:

I think that's NN ?

You're correct.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2023
kabe1:

Please is another set being inspected in turkey? Am not sure the minister of state was in the previous visit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
iblawi:

Please is another set being inspected in turkey? Am not sure the minister of state was in the previous visit.

This was the visit before our helicopters were delivered.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2023
kabe1:

This was the visit before our helicopters were delivered.

Ok thanks. I didn't see him in previous pictures that's why I got confused.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2023
Gentlemen and honourable veterans, guess who’s back…

I’ve missed you all. All this while I’ve being watching the discussions going on here from Israel-Palestine to South Africa’s rugby victory to Nigeria’s latest weapons acquisitions and so on and so forth. I had no clue I could login on Nairaland again, my goofy ass thought my change of phone meant I lost my login details forever.

Now where were we, what’s trending on the thread

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by willybaby(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2023
Exnavyboy62:
Gentlemen and honourable veterans, guess who’s back…

I’ve missed you all. All this while I’ve being watching the discussions going on here from Israel-Palestine to South Africa’s rugby victory to Nigeria’s latest weapons acquisitions and so on and so forth. I had no clue I could login on Nairaland again, my goofy ass thought my change of phone meant I lost my login details forever.

Now where were we, what’s trending on the thread
welcome back. These are delivery times, what are your opinions on military hardware recently launched and delivered in respect to the Nigerian armed forces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2023
Lurker4Long:

1) You of course, know our history and our reality better than ourselves;
2) Where does the idea come from that we can instruct others what issues should concern them?
Are you trying to deflect the argument to something else?

Gotcha 😁
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2023
Faithful007:
Are you trying to deflect the argument to something else?

Gotcha 😁

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2023
SA Army Career Expo and Capability Demonstration at Combat Training Centre || Exercise VUKUHLOME.

SA Army welcomes more than a thousand learners from schools around Northern Cape who came to experience the Career Expo and capability demonstration at the Combat Training Centre in Lohatla, Mount Huxley.

The SA Army is currently showcasing the different careers that are within the military to ensure that learners, mostly grade 11 and grade 12, follow the right career path.

Article by Captain Tshegofatso Gwai and Second Lieutenant Sinenhlanhla Langazana || Photographs by Corporal Simphiwe Cele and Sergeant Tshupo.

Disclaimer || Permission was obtained for the scholars' photographs to be taken during SA Army activities, and they also agreed to their publishing on the SA National Defence Force's social media platforms.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2023

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
...last.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
Lurker4Long:
Algerian and Ugandan MI-28s.

Together with the Egyptian Apaches and Kamovs, the best attack helicopters on the continent, in my opinion.

And the rooivalk? how does it comoare to these ones?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2023
MiddleDimension:

And the rooivalk? how does it comoare to these ones?
For all of the Rooivalk's superb raw flight performance and characterists, the absence of a millimeter wave radar is too much of an impediment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
willybaby:
welcome back. These are delivery times, what are your opinions on military hardware recently launched and delivered in respect to the Nigerian armed forces.

Slow but steadily, the Nigerian armed forces are getting there. Procurement has been on track. The airforce has been receiving different platforms ranging from attack helos(T-129 Atak), to reconnaissance planes(Diamond DA-62 and Beechcraft King 360) The M346 FA jets are expected to be delivered by 2024. The airforce has ordered for 6 locally made Tsaigumi UAVs. Hopefully the airforce also gives significant attention to 4+ generation combat aircraft and logistics transport aircraft(planes and helos). As for the 12 AH-1z vipers for nearly a billion dollars. I still don’t like that deal. It’s an absolute scam in short.

The navy just recently had one of its Dearsan opv 76 launched, the second will likely be launched by 2024. The Tuzla class patrol boat has also been launched. AW-109 helicopters delivered successfully. No update yet on the locally built seaward defence boat 4 and 5, but I predict one if not both of them will be commissioned by 2025.
The navy is also expecting 3x 46metres vessels from Poly technologies of China. Good enough that the security of the EEZ will be covered, but then we can’t continue to rely on vessels without missiles. Times are changing, geo-politics is becoming more brutal and unpredictable

And then there is the army, those guys are too secretive. Man can’t keep accurate count of their procurement.

Speaking of procurement, the Nigerian government signed a deal with India to help increase Nigeria’s production of local armaments to 40%. I can’t wait to see what DICON learns from DRDO

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 2:30am On Nov 22, 2023
Video of Kenyan military Mi17 crashes due to pilot error. The pilot pitches down too much then tries to correct by pulling up which causes the crash.

https:///milinfolive/111184?single

(1) (2) (3) ... (2816) (2817) (2818) (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) ... (2863) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.