Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,628 members, 7,889,009 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:23 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6067962 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:58pm On Jun 02
jl115:
Here's what we know, the vehicles a casspir and mamba of the sandf were captured by the m23 and were recaptured shortly after the ambush when SADC forces launched a counter attack, the vehicles however were damaged beyond repair since they were hit by antitank missiles and were blown up rather than being towed back to base, no casualties were recorded due to this ambush which is testament to the design and protection of the mamba and casspir.

The casualty is result of a mortar that hit the base.

Can you provide any credible links to back these claims?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:36pm On Jun 02
kabe1:
Nigerian made Drone.

These are optimized for grenade, mortar drops like we have seen in the war in Ukraine.

Are these PROFORCE made drones ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:03pm On Jun 02
bidexiii:

Are these PROFORCE made drones ?

No, EPAIL.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:22pm On Jun 02
kabe1:

Can you provide any credible links to back these claims?
where do you think I got it from? Sucked it out my thumb? Its all over the news
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:23pm On Jun 02
jl115:
where do you think I got it from? Sucked it out my thumb? Its all over the news
Yes, I think you did.

Or you post the links.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:52am On Jun 03
Much of southern Somalia has now been stabilized , with reports of armed conflict becoming increasingly rare. This is reflected in the recent CIMIC initiatives that happen regularly, last Saturday such there was a friendly football match played between KDF troops and a local Dhobley football club.

PIC 2 Lt. Col. Umuro Umuro, the Chief of Intelligence for ATMIS Sector 2, gave footballs, basketballs, and volleyballs to the Somali Security Forces in Dhobley ahead of the Sports Tournament.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:15am On Jun 03
Fidha254:
Offtopic: Kenya is back baby grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Immediately after being relegated early this year back in May.

https://twitter.com/CharlesGacheru/status/1797295615736443164

https://twitter.com/Lm_matoke/status/1796971085583315356
I for one am very pleased you guys are back! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Now can we have some consistency please? No more beating all the top dogs on one day, and then losing to minnows like Georgia, Romania etc, the next day! grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:25am On Jun 03
NTSA:
After Kenyan security agencies sealed loopholes through enhanced counter terrorism operations,Alshabaab has in the recent past resorted to conducting attacks using Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) hidden in donkey carts.
KDF patrols initially faced direct ambushes. When these became less effective, al-Shabaab shifted to deadlier tactics, planting IEDs along patrol routes and following up with heavy gunfire. As military pressure increased, al-Shabaab resorted to targeting civilians with IEDs. However, recent intelligence-led operations have largely dismantled IED-making cells and disrupted their bomb-making material supply chains.This shows KDF's ability to learn and adapt to changing threats.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 9:36am On Jun 03
jl115:
Here's what we know, the vehicles a casspir and mamba of the sandf were captured by the m23 and were recaptured shortly after the ambush when SADC forces launched a counter attack, the vehicles however were damaged beyond repair since they were hit by antitank missiles and were blown up rather than being towed back to base, no casualties were recorded due to this ambush which is testament to the design and protection of the mamba and casspir.

The casualty is result of a mortar that hit the base.

You do know the mortar attack is a separate incident right??

I think what is more worrying is that the SANDF contingent in DRC has no Air asset whatsoever.

What it looks like is your soldiers are severely under equipped and your airforce is suffering from insufficient and fully operational aircrew and aircraft, and likely does not have enough ordnance.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by abduleez1(m): 10:45am On Jun 03
kabe1:

The security situation has improved tremendously. It just goes to show, give your men the right training and equipment, they will excel.

Buhari government was forward thinking and they invested heavily in the right type of assets for the military.

The Tinubu government is doing the same thing, and we continue to see improvements.

I just hope that the military continues to receive the right kind of support and training. I still don't believe the rank and file receive the right type of training, I guess it's a gradual process.

Honest question..... Please how is the Tinubu govt forward thinking and investing in the military like the Buhari regime?
Just curious, cos what I see mostly is continuation of the past regime policies. Any new info I may be missing??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:27pm On Jun 03
Shaytun:

You do know the mortar attack is a separate incident right??

I think what is more worrying is that the SANDF contingent in DRC has no Air asset whatsoever.

What it looks like is your soldiers are severely under equipped and your airforce is suffering from insufficient and fully operational aircrew and aircraft, and likely does not have enough ordnance.
- Yes, literally what I said

- Yes I agree 100%

- Debatable
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:28pm On Jun 03
kabe1:

Yes, I think you did.

Or you post the links.

@Shaytun read the articles....why are you lazy??

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:55am On Jun 04
Winter is here! Scenes at the SA Armour Museum in Bloemfontein.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 4:33pm On Jun 04
Shaytun:

Yeah..Day before yesterday

Mamba and Casspir vehicles seized from the SANDF.

This picture was taken after a patrol ambush. Only 1 soldier was killed... No base was penetrated.... That's almost impossible to do.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 4:37pm On Jun 04
Lurker4Long:
Winter is here! Scenes at the SA Armour Museum in Bloemfontein.

This is a disrespect to the Soviets/Russians.. how dare you keep their captured vehicles on display like that. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 5:55pm On Jun 04
GreenandGold:

This picture was taken after a patrol ambush. Only 1 soldier was killed... No base was penetrated.... That's almost impossible to do.

This is for Jacob,
Jacob Zuma!
Ana Taxi, gimme d taxi
anette waya, waya waya!
anette waya, waya waya!

This is for Thabo,
Thabo Mbeki...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Baller254: 9:35pm On Jun 04
sleep tight

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:06pm On Jun 04
kabe1:
Nigerian Navy

Non of us here know more than the those making accusations of military hardware for Nigeria military but i keep asking my self why we always go for AW 109 instead of MI 17 ish for Airforce and AW 149 for the Navy, please someone educate me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:09am On Jun 05
Lurker4Long:

I for one am very pleased you guys are back! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Now can we have some consistency please? No more beating all the top dogs on one day, and then losing to minnows like Georgia, Romania etc, the next day! grin grin grin
Hahaha, the new team with a fully local technical bench has shown good consistency so far in the sense that the matches that we lost in the challenger series, we didn't loose because of rookie mistakes that the opposition was able to take advantage of unlike in the past.
The boys were calm and composed which allowed us to come from behind to win multiple times--- the fans helped a lot too!
Former top scorer player, Injera has advised the current bench to start working on the quality our second tier teams so that we always have good talent to pull from.

Basically, this time round, we are building our rugby from the ground up and the way this new young team was selected must be replicateble even with different technical bench in the future.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 9:25am On Jun 05
jteku:

Non of us here know more than the those making accusations of military hardware for Nigeria military but i keep asking my self why we always go for AW 109 instead of MI 17 ish for Airforce and AW 149 for the Navy, please someone educate me.

You mean acquisition instead of accusation…??

Possible reasons…
Cost effectiveness in terms of purchase, operating and maintenance

Familiarity with Leonardo/Agustawestland choppers for a long period of time. Switching to another helicopter type and learning its dos and don’ts may not be easy.

Interoperability. The navy and airforce can share info about the respective Leonardo helos they operate and in a case where there are similar computer systems or internal and external components in both helos, transplant is possible.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Dstealth: 10:49am On Jun 05
Exnavyboy62:

Possible reasons…

Familiarity with Leonardo/Agustawestland choppers for a long period of time. Switching to another helicopter type and learning its dos and don’ts may not be easy.

Interoperability. The navy and airforce can share info about the respective Leonardo helos they operate and in a case where there are similar computer systems or internal and external components in both helos, transplant is possible.

Are you saying the AW 109 can do the job of the Mi-17s.
Remember the airforce has no medium lift capacity apart from one Mi-17 and two operable puma helos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:49pm On Jun 05
GreenandGold:

This is a disrespect to the Soviets/Russians.. how dare you keep their captured vehicles on display like that. grin grin
That vehicle is right at home, what with the snow and all! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:46pm On Jun 05
Lurker4Long:

That vehicle is right at home, what with the snow and all! grin grin grin

** Vehicle disappears from the display**

** Rumours spread it was re-donated to Angola**

** Vehicle is later seen getting hit by a POV drone in Ukraine***

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05
Exnavyboy62:

Possible reasons…

Sorry typo error...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:44pm On Jun 06
GreenandGold:

On Thursday, South African National Defence Force (SANDF) members serving with the Southern African Development Community Mission in the DRC (SAMIDRC) came into contact with the M23 at Sake, 25 km from Goma, with 13 injured and one killed as well as two APCs damaged, according to the SANDF. However, other reports suggest 22 were injured, and one soldier had to have a foot amputated after the Mfezi mine-resistant ambulance he was driving in was hit by mortar fire. Unconfirmed reports suggest one Tanzanian soldier killed and seven wounded along with a dozen M23 rebels killed.

The attack on Sake began with the M23 bombarding the area, followed by Congolese Army (FARDC), SAMIDRC and Wazelendo militia launching a counterattack, although the M23 claim government/SAMIDRC forces attacked first. It appears the Mfezi was damaged in the ensuing firefight, and a Casspir and Mamba damaged or abandoned along with a Tanzanian IVECO truck carrying ammunition. Subsequent video purported to show the Casspir being driven away by the rebels.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mupper2: 4:47pm On Jun 06
Some real low level shit targeting an ambulance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 5:58pm On Jun 06
The Kenya Air Force is celebrating its 60th anniversary this week,since its founding in 1964. However, the Air Force currently has fewer aircraft compared to its 50th anniversary. We have lost quite a number since operation linda nchi back in 2012 and there haven't been any major acquisitions for a while.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:54am On Jun 07
abduleez1:

Honest question..... Please how is the Tinubu govt forward thinking and investing in the military like the Buhari regime?
Just curious, cos what I see mostly is continuation of the past regime policies. Any new info I may be missing??

We can see an increased drive in procuring equipment from local defence manufacturers.

The contracts for the procurement 12 Helicopters for the army was paid for by this administration.

The contract for the procurement of 24 M346FA fighter aircrafts were also paid for by this administration.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:58am On Jun 07
jteku:

I think familiarity with Aircraft type and ease of maintenance are primary drivers for this.

As you know Leonardo has an MRO facility in Nigeria for maintenance of different types of Leonardo aircraft types.

This inturn drives down cost of operations, possibly acquisition and maintenance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:00am On Jun 07
Dstealth:

Are you saying the AW 109 can do the job of the Mi-17s.
Remember the airforce has no medium lift capacity apart from one Mi-17 and two operable puma helos.

The AW109 is a very good LUH and there's significant infrastructure in the country to maintain and operate them.

Again with the war in Ukraine, where do we buy MI-27s from?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.