Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2856) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6046574 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:32pm On Jun 21
This means the Nigerian army has been building capacity for nearly 10 years.

I think after we might see an order for 12 x Black Hawk Helicopters from the army in the near future.

The S70i Black Hawk Helicopter from Poland would be a contender.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21
kabe1:

I think after we might see an order for 12 x Black Hawk Helicopters from the army in the near future.

Then NAF can focus on Attack helicopters

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:36pm On Jun 21
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:54pm On Jun 21
The Air Force chief said the aircraft would include 12 AH-1 attack helicopters, 24 M-346 combat planes, 12 AW109 multipurpose helicopters and a pair of Casa 295 transport .

We now have confirmation the Nigerian Air Force will receive 2 x C-295 Transport Aircrafts.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:16pm On Jun 21
kabe1:
The Air Force chief said the aircraft would include 12 AH-1 attack helicopters, 24 M-346 combat planes, 12 AW109 multipurpose helicopters and a pair of Casa 295 transport .

We now have confirmation the Nigerian Air Force will receive 2 x C-295 Transport Aircrafts.
Are this C130's in MMIA totaly written off

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:19am On Jun 22
jteku:

Are this C130's in MMIA totaly written off

Yes, they're all written off.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 8:35am On Jun 22
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 8:35am On Jun 22
kabe1:

This is fucking lovely cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:19pm On Jun 22
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:25pm On Jun 22
kabe1:

Or this

The General Atomics Mojave. It fires both missiles and machine guns. Kind of a baby predator UAV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:27pm On Jun 22
kabe1:

The Felon 1.0. Another machine gun drone developed with intention to sell to Ukraine. It has a range of 20km unlike the Songar with 5km

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:46pm On Jun 22
GeneralFarouq:

To upholdimg international law, which neither isreal, usa or British give a fvck about...Russia should let ukriane join nato, also allow Ukraine to field foreign, after all they are there to keep the peace...
It easy to say someone has broken the law when u don't look at the consequences of not breaking the law. It is no news that, even before the conflict in Ukraine, the western news agencies have been positioned to portraying Russia has a threat. So Russia has no reason to sacrifice it own defence for the sake of upholding the already murdered rules International Law prohibiting inteference of any kind in the domestic affairs of members state
It is in light of this that the constitution of Nigeria( as amended) gave eberyone right to life but went further to list circumstances where such right is non existent eg self defence... It went further around section 46 to say in the interest of "defence, public healthy, safety and order that all rights in section 37,38 39 ay be trampled upon y he government..
Why are there exceptions and why do the law permit the breaking of law.. is to prevent a greater arm...
If the reverse was the case would the US wat hexico house Russian Military?
It is madness to see fault in what Russia did... The threat is imminent whether you see or not... And African Leaders especially should not even be commenting on issues like this .. what do your leaders know about territorial integrity.
The same thing is about to happen in Taiwan . And who is the cause? Let just blame china, it easier
Okay let assume Russia has done abominable,the inherent right that would have permitted the so called western saint to condemn the acts of Russia has longer been lost... To be entitled to call Russia a deviant, thrn the us and Britain must lead by example by not vetoing ways to ending isreali occupation in Gaza and the killing of innocent kids..
International law is way complex than dos don't and sanctions
Did you see the part where he stated peace cannot be achieved without the full involvement of Russia on the table?

Did you see the part where he blamed the current dysfunctional global peace architecture and a general lack of leadership in powerful counties for what's happening in Russia/Ukraine?

Did you see the part where he stated all frozen Russian dollars and assets must be returned to Russia?

Did you see the part where he reminded the G7 of the multiple conflicts ongoing in Africa?

You picked one point and ran with it as if the world is black and white. Each country has its own interest at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:33pm On Jun 22
Fidha254:

Each country has its own interest at the end of the day.
This! So much this!
I don't know where the idea originates - prevalent here - that citizens of country A can tell citizens of country B what's good for them. I suspect too many people take literally the idea of "Africa".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:08am On Jun 23
Tunisian Special Forces fastrope from an Italian helicopter during Flintlock Exercise 24.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:09pm On Jun 24
Various SA Navy on both the Atlantic (Cape Town) and Indian ( Durban) Oceans.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:15pm On Jun 24
Kenya's police advance team comprised of GSU officers flagged off to Haiti

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:13pm On Jun 24
NTSA:
Kenya's police advance team comprised of GSU officers flagged off to Haiti
Safiri salama to them!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:16am On Jun 25
Following Presidential approval to enhance the capabilities of the FAAN Aviation Security Department, and the subsequent training of a select group of AVSEC personnel, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has inaugurated a specialized unit aimed at significantly enhancing security measures in and around our airports. This milestone is another example of the new administration’s commitment to elevating the overall security baseline at Nigerian airports, ensuring the safety and well-being of all travelers, staff, and facilities.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:16am On Jun 25

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:25pm On Jun 25
jteku:
Following Presidential approval to enhance the capabilities of the FAAN Aviation Security Department, and the subsequent training of a select group of AVSEC personnel, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has inaugurated a specialized unit aimed at significantly enhancing security measures in and around our airports. This milestone is another example of the new administration’s commitment to elevating the overall security baseline at Nigerian airports, ensuring the safety and well-being of all travelers, staff, and facilities.
Are these from NSCDC
No badge no nothing
I just read it onw daily trust and I do not see them make any reference to them being members of any existing serity agency...
it too early to assume but ,I f they are not members of security agencies allowed to bear arms or if special license ie not procured as required under the firesarms act that will contradict our laws oo... I need to make more reaserch, if I am right this will be worth publishing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:45pm On Jun 25
GeneralFarouq:

Are these from NSCDC
No badge no nothing
I just read it onw daily trust and I do not see them make any reference to them being members of any existing serity agency...
it too early to assume but ,I f they are not members of security agencies allowed to bear arms that will contradict our laws oo... I need to make more reaserch, if I am right this will be worth publishing

Aviation security (avsec)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:55pm On Jun 25
jteku:

Aviation security (avsec)
Okay thank you. I will assume all the formalities have been complied with . After all they know these things.
And with the coming of these guys, I hope they will free the military from running air port security
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:11pm On Jun 25
GeneralFarouq:

Are these from NSCDC
No badge no nothing
it too early to assume but ,I f they are not members of security agencies allowed to bear arms or if special license ie not procured as required under the firesarms act that will contradict our laws oo... I need to make more reaserch, if I am right this will be worth publishing

If there's presidential approval, the bearing of arms is legal in itself. The firearms act allows the president to issue licenses for prohibited firearms. Nevertheless their legal status is shaky at best. Since no act of parliament established it, it means that bearing of arms is on a personal basis. It means that each person will have his own license and using the guns in context of their employment in the FAAN is either ambiguous or illegal

All in all, this is a useless move. These people are just looking for a way to carry weapons. Every government agency wants to carry weapons. Very soon now they will following their oga in a siren hilux truck and the oga will be feeling like a general. Go to lagos airport, you'll see Nigerian army, you'll see Air force airport defence team, you'll see armed customs and immigration, you'll see armed DSS, you'll see Airport police. They have now added another redundant outfit. For what purpose exactly?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Dstealth: 5:00am
jteku:

The DSS trained some last year when the then aviation minister Hadi sirika inaugurated AVSEC.
It's this another unit or same AVSEC?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 10:28am
What's happening in Kenya btw? Kenyans in the house @ntsa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:57pm
davefurn:

The Kenyan president thought that his new bff Biden would have his back but now he is looking at possible war crime charges by the ICC (AGAIN) instigated by his new friend
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 5:09pm
davefurn:

Some kind of revolution I think.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 5:11pm
jteku:

Hope they achieve their objectives, but unless this guys are given free hand to handle miscreants.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:43pm
davefurn:
Article 1 of the kenyan constitution : All sovereign power belongs to the people of Kenya and shall be exercised only in accordance with this Constitution.
People donated power and they are taking it back . My only prayer is that we don't dissolve into Anarchy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:54pm
The real problem though is that the government was caught off-guard .The Intelligence failed and they have now exposed the presidency.it is reported that there is a disconnect between Ruto and National Intelligence Service(NIS).

At a certain National Security Council ( NSC )meeting in the statehouse, the Director General (DG) NIS provided a situational status report to the president who was carried by rage because of the FACTS highlighted and assaulted the DG NIS. The late CDF Ogolla immediately evacuated the president and contained the situation. From that date NIS briefs are often done through a junior NIS officer attached to the statehouse. The president relies more on the briefing from Amb Monica Juma (National Security Advisor )
who is an agent of the CIA. This is what has killed and undermined institutional capacity of the agency to discharge its mandate. Ruto illegally made her a member of the NSC where she acts as the secretary, a role traditionally reserved for the Attorney General. The whole problem boils to one

The incompetence and impunity of Ruto.He simply refuses to listen .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:11pm
NTSA:
The real problem though is that the government was caught off-guard .The Intelligence failed and they have now exposed the presidency.it is reported that there is a disconnect between Ruto and National Intelligence Service(NIS).

At a certain National Security Council ( NSC )meeting in the statehouse, the Director General (DG) NIS provided a situational status report to the president who was carried by rage because of the FACTS highlighted and assaulted the DG NIS. The late CDF Ogolla immediately evacuated the president and contained the situation. From that date NIS briefs are often done through a junior NIS officer attached to the statehouse. The president relies more on the briefing from Amb Monica Juma (National Security Advisor )
who is an agent of the CIA. This is what has killed and undermined institutional capacity of the agency to discharge its mandate. Ruto illegally made her a member of the NSC where she acts as the secretary, a role traditionally reserved for the Attorney General. The whole problem boils to one

The incompetence and impunity of Ruto.He simply refuses to listen .
KDF is rarely deployed internally. Yesterday after the police were overrun there were requests made for reinforcement but Kdf leadership stayed put and didn't deploy.The cabinet secretary Defence then issued a statement purporting that they have been deployed but the kenyan constitution doesn't allow deployment of the KDF without the approval of parliament . I just love the discipline of the KDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:20pm
NTSA:

Article 1 of the kenyan constitution : All sovereign power belongs to the people of Kenya and shall be exercised only in accordance with this Constitution.
People donated power and they are taking it back . My only prayer is that we don't dissolve into Anarchy

Protests are all well and great, but when you burn down your parliament and institutions of state, it is still Kenyans that will pay to rebuild it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.