Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,955 members, 7,980,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 02:30 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6175537 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (2867) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

Isn't the guy in the 3rd photo Arab? He has brown skin.

EDF Soldier
yes he is the foreign jihadist killed ,there is a kenyan journalist who has released on twitter a memo from the ethiopians sent to the AMISOM headquarter .in the report the ethiopian military discloses they got hold of a camera and also 2 GPS devices.i hope later on when the intelligence agencies of various countries have analysed the video,some of it will be released to the public
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

J-20 isn't for sale. The J-31 is still un-development, so until the production jet is official launched, we cannot say. However a mix of JF-17s and. J-31 seems a realistic target.
The J-31 is a nice plane saw it flew by some months ago. Should be the prototype tho', Nice Airframe i will say. However why don't we consider buying some american 4+ planes?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
SAAF Gripen flying with a "targeting pod".

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
Not necessarily OFF TOPIC

NAF JF-17 likely to fly with the WMD-7 Targeting Pod. Similar to the Sniper Pod the WMD-7, provides positive target identification, autonomous tracking, GPS coordinate generation, and precise weapons guidance from extended standoff ranges.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
Katyusha:
grin J-31...I doubt the French will let such a deal take place...so as not to make thier "colonies" jittery..Stealth tech up for grabs? Talk about killing the stealth technology monopoly for them Yanks. The J-10 on the other hand, is not bad atall..quite comparable to even the F-16 Block 50s if you ask me.

Luckily, the French have no political clout over any deal we strike with the Chinese. However what is certain is, there would be an increased French military presence in West-Africa if Nigeria ever orders the J-31. Not like we aren't totally encircled by the French already, anyway.

I absolutely love the J-10. My only issue with the J-10A is it's combat radius of only 500kM, that's no good for a country like Nigeria. J-10B has an improved range of 1000KM. The J-10B and F-16V (latest model) are comparable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
tdayof:

The J-31 is a nice plane saw it flew by some months ago. Should be the prototype tho', Nice Airframe i will say. However why don't we consider buying some american 4+ planes?

Are you a Nigerian living in China?

American planes for Nigeria.... gringringrin, did you only recently start browsing African defence? America that won't sell you 40 years old Cobra helicopters, would now turn around and sell you F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet, F-16V or the F-15SE gringringrin, HOW?

Nigeria can also not afford $100m for a single plane.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
SAAF Gripen

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

Are you a Nigerian living in China?

American planes for Nigeria.... gringringrin, did you only recently start browsing African defence? America that won't sell you 40 years old Cobra helicopters, would now turn around and sell you F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet, F-16V or the F-15SE gringringrin, HOW?

Nigeria can also not afford $100m for a single plane.
Yea i school in China and in shenyang same city with J 31 manufacturing company. Yea have been following African defence just thinking there should be something we can do to win the American Heart.. lol... However the EA-18 growler is my favourite of American aircrafts.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:
SAAF Gripen flying with a "targeting pod".
its a Rafael/Zeiss Optronics LITENING III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GECdjTB24o
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

NAF JF-17 likely to fly with the WMD-7 Targeting Pod. Similar to the Sniper Pod the WMD-7, provides positive target identification, autonomous tracking, GPS coordinate generation, and precise weapons guidance from extended standoff ranges.
is there a presentation video about its specs ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
africaken254:

None that i know of, maybe the Chinese forumer would be able to throw more light on the system.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
tdayof:

Yea i school in China and in shenyang same city with J 31 manufacturing company. Yea have been following African defence just thinking there should be something we can do to win the American Heart.. lol... However the EA-18 growler is my favourite of American aircrafts.

Congrats...... You can now wake up from your dream. Your's is actually a dream within a dream.

The EA-18 growler is an EW aircraft, very potent from what i've read so far.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
africaken254:

the detection range of WMD-7
not as far as LITENING III or Thales Damocles ,but probably enough for COIN

https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/worldwide/defence/targeting-damocles-multifunction-targeting-pod-pirate-and-fso
JF17 is capable of mounting a Thales Damocles which Pakistan is considering with

http://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-7.427560/page-16

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
ilyushin il 78 midas and sukhoi 30 MKA - Algerian air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
my favorit old fighter the Mig 25 foxbat , mach 3 speed and many worlds records established for speed, rate of climb and altitude , some of them still unbeaten until now

pics: mig 25 PDS , algerian air force; still in service

a trip close to space

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
@Seun, what's happening with Nairaland.com? It keeps going offline, please fix up the bug before we get another data loss.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Armed Forces Special Forces (NAFSF) Commandos from the Navy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
GOC 7 division comes visiting troops in their outposts. I love the way the GOC's body armour blends perfectly with his desert Cammo. This type of bulletproof vest should be the basic standard for all Nigerian troops.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 12:01am On Jun 12, 2016
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Armed Forces Special Forces (NAFSF) Commandos from the Navy.
men!!!.now when i say kitting thats what i men.only in few countries can this be found.but they've got to add just few stuffs,nd,bammm,u'll have a 1 world mil.
france go dey begin shake unpeu.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:25am On Jun 12, 2016
Henry240:

Dude.

No, lets not start this again
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:27am On Jun 12, 2016
chkil:
ilyushin il 78 midas and sukhoi 30 MKA - Algerian air force

Bleep

Algeria, you guys get all the fun

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gasha91: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2016
Henry240:

My point, EXACTLY!!!

We(Nigerians) were discussing the exact same thing. It's quite unfortunate for the rest of the militaries engaged in operations in Africa. If a severely poorly equipped Ethiopian Army/ outpost could be so well defended with the enemy hopelessly damaged and scared, why are the others, Nigerians even complaining.

The outposts of Uganda and Kenya sacked by militants were much more well equipped than this, in Nigeria Baga is a MultiNational Joint Task Force base with literally tons of light and heavy equipment with atleast 6 APCs, yet it was completely sacked.

In truth, this calls for a sober reflection, i salute the Ethiopian gallantry.

The truth is Ethiopian success on Al-shabab is partly due to deployment of UAVs and helicopter gunships. Special unit forces were also deployed to Somalia operating separately from the Ethiopian force under the AU which played a key role during the war last year.

Watch starting 28:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwnihKALNio
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gasha91: 7:13am On Jun 12, 2016
More videos from last year operations, starting at 12:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0ZB0ypzjk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2016
Nigerian Airforce Pilot....first pix not NAF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2016
SEU(special effizy unit)

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2016
SADC troops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 12, 2016
patches689:

Dude.
No, lets not start this again
Start what?

Are they(WMD-7 & Sniper pod) not targeting pods?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
More

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
jteku:
More
Those aren't Nigerians, your first photo. They are a congolese display team.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
pacretus:
men!!!.now when i say kitting thats what i men.only in few countries can this be found.but they've got to add just few stuffs,nd,bammm,u'll have a 1 world mil.
france go dey begin shake unpeu.

Our boys are usually very well kitted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
This South-African commando wants to summit 7 of the world's highest peaks for charity.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
off topic:free syria army is now proud owner of a T-90 Tank.saw a video FSA driving around with this T-90

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (2867) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.