Stats: 3,190,363 members, 7,940,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6132741 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (2864) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
africaken254:
@ chinese8107 keep saying that and its getting worse by the minute ,it was a tank that hit your APC .They dont care that they are targeting UN troops,they claim UN is sheltering nuer rebels .they are even shelling UN compound

read more http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/fighting-enters-5th-day-south-sudan-capital-40485357
I see
the chinese media say little to nothing about it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
giles14:
yes we all fuc.k up by keeping quiet. but u saying it was due to Chinese involvement dats y d situation is dis bad is wot I am opposing
where did i say its due to chinese involvement china is there by UN mandate,i am just updating the situation as it is in juba.i have also reported the death of Rwandan peacekeepers.china has gone under the UN mandate,in some of this conflicts including Mali where its totally ridiculous to go under UN.your enemy e.g Alqaeda doesn't respect the UN authority , you can't fire until engaged by the enemy even if you know the threat is imminent,your poorly armed e.t.c recently kenya president tried to ask the UN security council to shift the AMISOM mandate In somalia to the UN,the UN security council refused
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
chinese8107:

I see
follow twitter if possible
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
on twitter:Uganda deploys army along border with SouthSudan to "prevent spillover"- army spokesman Paddy Ankunda.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
from the latest twitter update its seems the fighting have started again even after SPLA spokesman Lul Riek: Paul Malong has ordered all SPLA soldiers back to barracks

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
chinese8107:

Is Al-Shabab a brunch of Al-Qaeda ?

Please check your PM. Some people here act like princess on their period and will start saying I am spreading propaganda. There are a few groups, independent of each other, but are wrongly classified as shabb
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
Xbee007:
Hmm? I didn't really get that part of you are not a sympathiser. So why all those videos?

Information. People have a right to know everything, don't like how AU is sanitizing info like there are no casualties and that everything is going perfect. Families; Public; need to know what their people are facing and going through. It is okay if you don't understand.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2016

AHRLAC (Advanced High Performance Reconaissance Light Aircraft,
i really like the idea here,
but whats its latest status, any info?

good option for african countries grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
africaken254:
on twitter:Uganda deploys army along border with SouthSudan to "prevent spillover"- army spokesman Paddy Ankunda.

OFF-TOPIC

Patches689 was right, it was a misfire, not a take down.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
africaken254:
from the latest twitter update its seems the fighting have started again even after SPLA spokesman Lul Riek: Paul Malong has ordered all SPLA soldiers back to barracks

Truly unfortunate South-Sudan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
June 2016 Niger-W Ifrīqīyyah

https://videopress.com/v/a1wi8e0Q
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Henry240:

Truly unfortunate South-Sudan.
if i was Obama i would order air strikes on kiir forces by tonight ,diminishing his capability.those gunships wouldn't be flying by tomorrow
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
on twitter :AlShabaab fighters retakes the coastal town of Marka city after Somalia Govt troops vacated town ,this is a f@cking horrible day
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
nemesis2u:

AHRLAC (Advanced High Performance Reconaissance Light Aircraft,
i really like the idea here,
but whats its latest status, any info?

good option for african countries grin
Next prototype being built.

Boeing developing the mission system.

Receiving interests way outside Africa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
africaken254:
if i was Obama i would order air strikes on kiir forces by tonight ,diminishing his capability.those gunships wouldn't be flying by tomorrow
Ugandans will be moving in again.

I knew that government was a joke when they appointed that minister of water of theirs. grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
MikeCZA:

I knew that government was a joke when they appointed that minister of water of theirs. grin grin grin grin

I don't get?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
MikeCZA:
Minister of water and irrigation. grin grin grin

http://www.informationng.com/2016/05/meet-south-sudans-current-minister-for-water-resources-and-irrigation-photos.html

Okay...... This news was all over Nairaland a few weeks ago, however i didn't pay much attention to it as i thought it was some sort of lame joke.

That country is a complete and utter mess.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
SAAF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
africaken254:
where did i say its due to chinese involvement china is there by UN mandate,i am just updating the situation as it is in juba.i have also reported the death of Rwandan peacekeepers.china has gone under the UN mandate,in some of this conflicts including Mali where its totally ridiculous to go under UN.your enemy e.g Alqaeda doesn't respect the UN authority , you can't fire until engaged by the enemy even if you know the threat is imminent,your poorly armed e.t.c recently kenya president tried to ask the UN security council to shift the AMISOM mandate In somalia to the UN,the UN security council refused
africaken254 :

@chinese8107 those clashes are in south sudan ,totally different conflict.this is two disputing tribe which are fighting for power,no alqaeda or alshabaab involvement in that conflict .from what i am hearing thing are getting worse.it looks like china involvement in africa is becoming costly
.remember dis comment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nigeria building a new Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle (MRAP)

The ARA or THUNDER is a Mine Resistant Ambush
Protected (MRAP) vehicle designed to provide ultimate
protection for high degree threats. Combining an array
of latest technology the ARA is a mission adaptive
vehicle that provides superior crew protection and
offensive ability.

DIMENSIONS :

LENGTH : 6800mm

HEIGHT : 2500mm

WIDTH : 2500mm

WHEELBASE : 3500mm

GROUND CLEARANCE : 250mm

GVW : 19 Ton

PAYLOAD : 3000kg

ENGINE : 218 @ 2200rpm

GEARBOX : Allison 6 Speed Automatic

APPROACH ANGLE : 40deg

DEPARTURE ANGLE : 60deg

MAX SPEED : 96km/h

FUEL TANK CAPACITY : 200 L

The ARA is integrated with a fully independent
suspension system.
The independent suspension provides controlled and
superior mobility
off-road and tough conditions.
The ARA’s traction and small turning circle gives it
superior manoeuvrability through tight areas.
This capability combined with a powerful engine in four-
wheel drive train provides the ARA MRAP to deal with
extremely rough terrain effortlessly.
The ARA utilizes heavy duty tires that is intended for all
terrain operations.
Tire inflation system keeps tired correctly inflated with
up to four bullet punctures.
While the internal vehicle run-flat system keeps a
vehicle operational even when the tire is damaged.

ARA’S FIREPOWER

360 visibility, multiple cameras and monitors. a variety
of weapons including a 50 caliber machine gun can be
mounted on the 360 roof turret. Which can be opened
and fully enclosed.

TURRET MANUAL OR MOTOR CONTROLLED

1. VARIOUS SIZES AND PROFILES

2. PROGRAMMABLE

3. MULTIPLE JOYSTICK INPUTS OR THUMB CONTROL

A wide range of optional extras available including
electronic countermeasures, grenade launchers, C4IS
systems, NBC protection systems
Sidewall gun ports and the option to fit side facing roof
hatch. The occupants can defend themselves in safety.

The ARA’s Protection capability comes with full spectrum
hybrid armour systems.
As standard, the vehicle armour protection systems is
independently tested for STANAG levels and above, and
is designed to be fully up-gradable. The ARA can be
equipped with slat armours and iron curtains to protect
against RPGs.

The ARA can be fitted with unique hybrid passive and
reactive armours for effective defence against IEDs, EFPs and Shape Charge War Heads.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
That's a CGI of the ARA MRAP from Nigeria's Proforce.

Going by the specifications of the ARA MRAP, it is clearly a capable vehicle, it's Stats are quite impressive. With this incoming launch, Nigerians in particular would soon have quite a lot to celebrate.

Beautiful vehicle! The South-Africans should watch their backs .... LOL!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
gottfried21:
Krypteia Strategies training African Commandos(Not sure from which country)

The 3-tone camouflage is Zambian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:22am On Jul 12, 2016
Henry240:
That's a CGI of the ARA MRAP from Nigeria's Proforce.

Going by the specifications of the ARA MRAP, it is clearly a capable vehicle, it's Stats are quite impressive. With this incoming launch, Nigerians in particular would soon have quite a lot to celebrate.

Beautiful vehicle! The South-Africans should watch their backs .... LOL!
been on exile for a while
But damn!!!this ARA is a queen...let's go dia naija

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 2:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Thank you Mr Henry
I hope the Federal government buys into this MRAP.
There are quite a few questions, but they can wait till later.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:05am On Jul 12, 2016
giles14:
.remember dis comment.
they have lost soldiers both in mali and now south sudan within acouple of months if you have being following the news,kenya involvement in somalia has also being costly to us.why does every word has to have an agenda to you!does the word involvement has to have negative connotation to you !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 12, 2016
MikeCZA:

this time around savir kiir has the upper hand,his forces were well prepared with even helicopter gunships.something tells me the war is not over ,machar may return to the bush and even seek help from bashir .his forces who were protecting him in juba have being massacre,this was a well plotted scheme
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:11am On Jul 12, 2016
africaken254:

I think UN is a useless loosening organization.Those country dominate Security Coucil don't have much interest helping one side fighting the other side,because there seems to be no big difference to them or UN no matter who wins.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 12, 2016
India donates MedEvac/CasEvac vehicles to Kenya defence forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:34am On Jul 12, 2016
chinese8107:

I see

Chinese media is a joke

Unless the story is "China grows stronger due to glorious Ccp"

It doesn't get told
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 12, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (2864) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)