Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:36 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6131417 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (2863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lagos state emergency services helicopter

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
Gabon troops in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nigerian army Paratroopers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
NAF asset.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
kenya Police repulse Shabaab terrorists in attempted attack on security camp

Speaking on phone, Lafey OCPD Bosita Omukolongolo said the militants attempted to attack Rural Patrol Border Unit (RPBU) camp at Sheikh Barrow.
Police in Mandera on Saturday night foiled an attempted attack by suspected Al-Shabaab militants on a security camp in Lafey Sub County.

Speaking on phone, Lafey OCPD Bosita Omukolongolo said the militants attempted to attack Rural Patrol Border Unit (RPBU) camp at Sheikh Barrow.

“There was an attempted attack at our RPBU camp at Sheikh Barrow at about 9pm last evening where the Al-Shabaab shot at the camp but the officers managed to repulse them,” said Mr Omukolongolo.

He said there were no one was injured in the encounter that lasted almost half an hour. However, reports indicated that some of the attackers were injured.

“They aimed at the camp and started shooting testing to know our alertness but our officers responded well and locals are talking of injured attackers something I can’t confirm but we did our work well,” said Mr Omukolongolo.

The police boss said the current wave of attacks in the Sub County is being aided by locals acting as sympathizers who collect information on security operations relaying it to Al-Shabaab.

“The Al-Shabaab operations are now hi tech since this is now an enemy from within as their intelligence is collected by locals,” he said.

He expressed fears that the attackers within the area seemed to be ahead of the security agents in terms of countering one another.

“It is difficult to visit a scene of incident almost immediately and find culprits there meaning they are being informed well of our operations by locals or by us,” he said.
He said there exists a local network working with the terrorists in carrying out attacks.

According to him, the situation in Lafey remains tense as Al-Shabaab movements are reported daily due to the area’s proximity to the war ravaged neighbouring Somalia.

“We have taken precautionary measures with this tense and tricky situation here as the officers spend most of the night keeping vigil,” said Mr Omukolongolo.

The terrorists, currently targeting security camps in the area, recently destroyed communication masts interfering with communication in Fino and Damasa areas.
read more http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/Mandera/Police-repulse-Shabaab-in-attempted-attack-on-security-camp/1183298-3352876-26wyuo/index.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
rugged7:
My meaning is crystal clear, no matter how you choose to obfuscate my premise.
I have always advocated a carrot and stick.
Words like "selfish interest/political gains" & "pamper them for almost 8 years" exposes the mindset that continues to position Nigeria at a precipice.
You see these people as your cash cow rather than your fellow citizens hence the gravitation to bloodlust.
Empathy, compassion and understanding is lacking in your assessments of the state of play and current dynamics..
Realistically, opening 2 major battlefronts at this time is not a realistic military option.
We both know oil is the common denominator for the upcoming violence in the Niger delta.
Oil is becoming increasingly irrelevant in the new world we live in.
Nigeria either evolves and diversifies away from oil or dies a painful death.
There are 200 million people.
The shockwaves will reverberate across africa.

I would have loved to give certain details that looks at Niger delta crisis from different angles but it will end up derailing this thread. We don't have to always look from one angle. Your believe is that this people need better life when they are not ready to help themselves. Their leaders are the worst criminal in Nigeria. They have no feelings for their people. I've lived in South south for about six years and I know exactly what am saying.

For God sake Niger delta receive the highest allocation from the central government and a dedicated ministry that is also funded by the federal government to increase the rate of development of the Niger delta but still nothing to show for it. Is this not enough reasons to ask questions? I've not even talked about other benefits like special scholarship program, funding of amnesty program, etc. People from this region even get employment with land recipt in oil companies.

My simple question for you is that WHAT DO YOU THINK NDAs ARE FIGHTING FOR?
Secondly, let us assume you are the one in power, what would you have done about Niger delta crisis that the current government is not doing?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
@rugged

Any reader would quickly discern that you are a nigerdeltan and obviously sympathetic to their cause and struggle.
As a nation should we continue to encourage this militants who commit assorted of fences -
Oil bunkering
Kidnappings
Bombing national infrastructure, do you factor the enormous cost in time and resources to fix this pipelines?
Countless murders, did you observe the last elections in rivers state?
Those were done by sponsored touts and mostly militants. They were bold because governments foolishness enable them gain soo much resources, wealth and political power.
The amnesty solution was crap!
The only genuine claim I think the nigerdeltans have is environmental pollution which gentle dialogue with this administration would have solved.
All other cries are all selfish and false, as they enjoy several benefits as oil producing regions.
Community sponsorship, payments in form of royalties to the community rulers, great pecs from oil companiea- as should be, and lest I forget 13% oil derivation revenue to the various states.
Why then continue blaming the government for their woes as if the other regions are enjoying any special incentives.
I love the slogan of the USA govt, they don't negotiate with criminals and terrorist.

Reason- It never ends, it's an incentive, you just keep giving.
I'm sorry for derailing this thread.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
Tochex101:
@rugged

giving.
I'm sorry for derailing this thread.

Tochex101, Iblawi and Rugged7, please this is not the politics section, let's all stick to the rules of the thread we've all contributed to.

P.S: I got the mods on speed dail gringrin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
South-African Army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Henry240:

@Frumentius, we can now put behind us the issue of "not properly arming" Nigerian Super-puma helos. Apparently the Air Force hackened to your advice.

You'll find that my argument went along the lines of, "If you must arm them, do it properly, with none of the unsafe slings and whatnot."
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Tochex101:
I love the slogan of the USA govt, they don't negotiate with criminals and terrorist.

P.S, Tochex101, the U.S government negotiates with terrorists.

Now, post on topic.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
kenya defence forces

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
tdayof:
NAF asset.
how recent is this satellite image ? from what i heard all those C-130's put in storage are being brought back to life.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
Henry240:
#WhyTheyHateUs on CNN

So, i just concluded watching this Fareed Zakaria programme on CNN, quite interesting programme. One thing i noticed quite a lot was the ISIS propaganda recruitment videos.

I gotta to say, for a terrorist group, ISIS makes very sleek propaganda videos. Much better videos i've seen of any military in Africa, i'll say they are on the level of US military recruitment Ads.
most of our senior officer running the PR department in africa militaries are just too lazy.there is a US you tube channel that i used to follow but this days i can't catch up due to the many videos they post.this is the reason few of us are patriot
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

how recent is this satellite image ? from what i heard all those C-130's put in storage are being brought back to life.
Not sure. I got it from google earth. Some of the C130 are of camouflage painting but the ones have seen of recent are of the normal color. So I will say probably the satellite image isn't up to date.

EDIT: Judging by the Operation Awatse video released by NAF. I will say the satellite Image isn't up to date as no C130 with camo painting is visible in the video.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
africaken254:
most of our senior officer running the PR department in africa militaries are just too lazy.there is a US you tube channel that i used to follow but this days i can't catch up due to the many videos they post.this is the reason few of us are patriot

I know it's quite insensitive to be glorify a terrorist video, but, man ISIS got good propaganda. Their camera videos are also very clear, mostly in H.D. Some of the guys featured in the videos also look very well trained, with good weapon handling. You know the way Russians carry rifles across the body, with hands crossed underneath, similar fashion.

The terrorists also have a Special Forces unit. Sleek videos.

It does seem that African militaries as a whole do not understand the importance of P.R. Across the board, military P.R is in such a sad, sad state. The citizens you are fighting for need to be aware of the efforts you're putting in, so that even if you're losing, everybody still has faith, and can support. Militaries simply are oblivious of this fact.

The American military releases at-least 3,000 photos everyday. In a year the US military releases over 1 million high definition photographs. The Americans can see what their military is up to, and have this re-enforced believe that they have the greatest military the world has ever seen. There military PR is so good, that they've made both friend and foe believe this is indeed fact.

If African militaries can release common 1000 photographs per year, citizens would begin to have strong belief in the abilities or even inability of our various militaries.

#Softpower.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2016
Another unit of Alpha Jet acquired in May 2016 has been weaponized locally at the Air Combat Training Group in Kainji.
Henry240 will Nigeria be putting all her A-jets out of service when the A-29 arrive?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Henry240:

I know it's quite insensitive to be glorify a terrorist video, but, man ISIS got good propaganda. Their camera videos are also very clear, mostly in H.D. Some of the guys featured in the videos also look very well trained, with good weapon handling. You know the way Russians carry rifles across the body, with hands crossed underneath, similar fashion.

The terrorists also have a Special Forces unit. Sleek videos.

It does seem that African militaries as a whole do not understand the importance of P.R. Across the board, military P.R is in such a sad, sad state. The citizens you are fighting for need to be aware of the efforts you're putting in, so that even if you're losing, everybody still has faith, and can support. Militaries simply are oblivious of this fact.

The American military releases at-least 3,000 photos everyday. In a year the US military releases over 1 million high definition photographs. The Americans can see what their military is up to, and have this re-enforced believe that they have the greatest military the world has ever seen. There military PR is so good, that they've made both friend and foe believe this is indeed fact.

If African militaries can release common 1000 photographs per year, citizens would begin to have strong belief in the abilities or even inability of our various militaries.

#Softpower.
how hard is it to acquire a few Go pro cameras show our air force pilots daily tasks to our boys and girls so tomorrow they can dream of being in the air force.what extact your saying is what most media commentators were saying,how well edited ISIS videos were and also filmed with HD cameras .i believe they were the first group to use widely Go-pro cameras in combat.do you know ISIS in libya who are fighting in sirte under siege are still releasing HD photos online.even russia after intervening in syria realized the usefulness of social media,every operation they undertake in syria is well covered online and they also encourage soldiers to share photos online(but still under strict supervision)
recently i posted photos of uganda SU-MK2 jets ,i believe russia government and companies are encouraging pilots and technicians working abroad to leaks photos of their endeavour abroad ,so as to market russian weaponry.i dont see why if ordinary africa are getting well connected online,our institutions should lack presence online.its just sad

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
iblawi:

What I can deduce from this is that dialogue alone can't solve Niger delta crisis since Yaradu and GEJ tried it before and we still came back to square 1 after spending billions to pamper them for almost 8 years. There is a big difference between people fighting for their rights and people trying to disrupt government for selfish interest/political gains. I don't pray for escalation of the war but when things get unbearable you can't blame the government.

Every part of Nigeria was neglected by government not the Niger delta alone. The only thing that makes us different is how we respond to government's negligence.
u sound so funny,

so u mean to tell me dat if a fly or mosquito patches on ur ball u will smash it d normal way u kill them.

all i knw is dat if dis govt don't change its policies n style of governance den we are doom
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2016
Henry240:

Let's all pretend,

1- You didn't think this

2- You didn't type this

3- You didn't post this

4- We didn't read this.

grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
The US has unwittingly killed innocent civilians, firebombed a Hospital of which the USAF had the coordinates.The NAF has on two certified occasions used drones on a fire kill missions of which a collection of BHT have gathered,zero civilians were killed.The NAF should continue with their operations.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
Libya warns Italy of Milan-based terrorist cell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bapAppsyWys
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
tdayof:
Another unit of Alpha Jet acquired in May 2016 has been weaponized locally at the Air Combat Training Group in Kainji.
Henry24 will Nigeria be putting all her A-jets out of service when the A-29 arrive?

You're like 48 hours late.

The Alpha jets would eventually all be withdraw from service, they are all approaching the end of their service lives. The original Alpha jets should be close to 36 years old, the 4 Attrition replacement Alpha jets would be last to leave service.

The Nigerian Air Force would most likely throw a party for the last platform the service would withdraw.

It would be a staggered withdrawal.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2016
google map of Ain-Beida Airbase , Algerian air force , one of the biggest in africa

you can see some Sukhoi 3O MKA on the tarmac and the Hardened Aircraft Shelters

[url]https://www.google.dz/maps/@35.8802725,7.2956505,622m/data=!3m1!1e3[/url]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:31am On Aug 22, 2016
tdayof:
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqV9I4MWcAEJFNF.jpg:large[/img]
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqUMmSlXgAAwDoK.jpg:large[/img]

Jeeezuz what the fvck did you guys do to that poor fox? Pulled the 20mm out and replaced the co-axle with a 12,5?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2016
The Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia, Ambassador Francisco Caetano Jose Madeira, stands on attention during a parade by troops serving under the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM). This was on arrival at Jowhar, Somalia on July 24, 2016. AMISOM Photo / Omar Abdisalan

The newly appointed AMISOM Force Commander, Lieutenant General, Osman Noor Soubagleh, greets officers of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) during a working visit to AMISOM troops under Sector V in Jowhar, Somalia on July 24, 2016. AMISOM Photo / Omar Abdisalan

Burundian troops serving under the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), mount a parade to welcome the Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia, Ambassador Francisco Caetano Jose Madeira and the Force Commander Lt. General Osman Noor Soubagleh during a working visit to AMISOM troops under Sector V in Jowhar, Somalia on July 24, 2016. AMISOM Photo / Omar Abdisalan

The Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission (SRCC) for Somalia, Ambassador Francisco Caetano Jose Madeira, tours the Burundian Contingent headquarters in Jowhar, Somalia on July 24, 2016. AMISOM Photo / Omar Abdisalan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 22, 2016
we have the potential but lack the will ,two kenyan ship building and logistic companies Alpha Logistics Services Ltd and Southern Engineering Company successfully launched barge named Alpha 2500, with a dead weight tonnage of 2500 recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I317NkUyz4w

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 22, 2016
FREMM Frigate Royal Moroccan Navy specification

open the pic alone to see in HD wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2016
I imagine this image is of the Lagos airport. these Assets have been sitting there for a while. can be seen when local flights are taxing after landing and from the road outside the airport. shame to see them sitting idle.
tdayof:
NAF asset.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2016
Eurocopter AS-555 and AS-355N2 , Algerian air force

with FLIR TV/IR HD ( MX-15 HDI TSV) and (16 DSM TSV) ISR Systems

----------------------------------------------
ps : do you know any other african military forums ??

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
chkil:
Eurocopter AS-555 and AS-355N2 , Algerian air force

with FLIR TV/IR HD ( MX-15 HDI TSV) and (16 DSM TSV) ISR Systems

----------------------------------------------
ps : do you know any other african military forums ??
Yes. You'll find the majority of us safers on this forum: http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (2863) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.