Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,253 members, 7,880,935 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:35 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6058241 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2016

Seems PAF is in love with her AW139 instead of the new AW101. AW101 seems to be the best for the NAF tho.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
Henry240:

jakeporeshenko, i believe these series of tweets answers your question on counter-measures for Eagle One, NAF 001.

It also further confirms the comments made by Deathmachine on the deployment of AW-139 from the PAF to NAF.
I didn't doubt you for a second. The whole thing about an AW-139 seeing combat deployment is also very true, a while ago I saw some pictures but I thought it was a VVIP touring frontline position or something.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

I didn't doubt you for a second. The whole thing about an AW-139 seeing combat deployment is also very true, a while ago I saw some pictures but I thought it was a VVIP touring frontline position or something.
Can you please post the AW-139 pictures?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2016
tdayof:

Seems PAF is in love with her AW139 instead of the new AW101. AW101 seems to be the best for the NAF tho.
This thing is basically a flying Rolls Royce, leather interior and all of that. Are they going to strip all of that out to make it suitable for combat troops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
tdayof:

Kudos to President Buhari for handing over these assets to the NAF. However with all helicopters now fully owned by the NAF, what helicopters would the President use?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

I remember when Amosu and Badeh bought the new AW-101s, it was shocking, especially at a time NAF needed additional transport helicopters. Those men were complete bad news for the Air Force, especially Badeh. Everything he did, touched or said was a complete disaster. He was an error.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
the most lethal air to air missile in sub-sahara africa, sudan air force Mig-29 jet and R-77 missile

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
Henry240:

Kudos to President Buhari for handing over these assets to the NAF. However with all helicopters now fully owned by the NAF, what helicopters would the President use?
There should still be.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
tdayof:

There should still be.

[img]hters.net/photo/187000/original/naf-540-nigerian-air-force-agustawestland-aw139_PlanespottersNet_187820.jpg[/img]

The AW139s have also been transferred.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
Henry240:

I remember when Amosu and Badeh bought the new AW-101s, it was shocking, especially at a time NAF needed additional transport helicopters. Those men were complete bad news for the Air Force, especially Badeh. Everything he did, touched or said was a complete disaster. He was an error.

I tell you if Bade was still the CDS he will be using the gifted PAF choppers as his uber!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
Henry240:

The AW139s have also been transferred.
Obviously there should be some helo left.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
Fynline:

I tell you if Bade was still the CDS he will be using the gifted PAF choppers as his uber!

Badeh was a mistake that shouldn't have been allowed to happen. To think that a country like Nigeria that produces many brilliant men in the Officer Corp, Martin Luther Agwai, Petirin, Ihejirika, SB Abubakar, Theophilus Danjuma, Ola Sa'ad Ibrahim are some of the guys who come to mind, also produced Badeh is all the more astonishing. He let his village get overrun.

He is a parody, " 50 shades of error".

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
SANDF aquires "mobility packages" for border patrol

- Based on chassis of Toyota’s diesel-powered Land Cruiser
- 257 complete mobility packages to be in the SA Army vehicle inventory by the end of the current financial year
- hasn’t been given a military name, and it will only be supplied in four variants – troop carrier, logistics, command and control and ambulance.
- The trooppack carries half a stick – five soldiers – and an extra seat is provided for use by a ranger, tracker or policeman.
- The logistic variant will be used for infield replenishment of items such as fuel, water, ammunition, rations and medical supplies
- the command and control variant will be a roving unit with a communications suite including radios and mobile phones,

At company level, the maximum deployment will be 18 troop carriers and three each of logistic, command and control and ambulances.

Pic: Vehicles currently used

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
Passing Out Parade Of 63 Regular Course At Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna.

Nigerian service chiefs

Nigerian president

NDA graduating officers.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
SANDF Mechanized Battle-group

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

This thing is basically a flying Rolls Royce, leather interior and all of that. Are they going to strip all of that out to make it suitable for combat troops.

Can you confirm which is naf official Instagram account? There are two account in NAF name .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
Photos from the hand-over ceremony of the Nigerian Air Force helicopters to the Nigerian Air Force. coolcool

The Nigerian Air Force has so far quietly inducted 10 helicopters this year. 6 Light Utility Helicopters donated by the NNPC, and 4 Helicopters donated by the Nigerian Air Force.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
Patchesagain:
SANDF Mechanized Battle-group
how did the Assault Pioneers Squadron differ from Alpha and Bravo Coy's ratel 20's?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

how did the Assault Pioneers Squadron differ from Alpha and Bravo Coy's ratel 20's?

They don't, just normal Ratel 20s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
The Namibian Defence Force (NDF) and Botswana Defence Force (BDF) conducted a joint Military Exercise code named :Hanganee I" in the general area of Gobabis, Omaheke Region form 15-31 August 2016. Exercise "Hanganee I" was a combined bilateral Battalion level Peace Support Operation (PSO) which brought together 840 troops from NDF and BDF.

The overall objectives of the exercise was to enhance joint cooperation between NDF and BDF context at regional level by employing SADC Standby Force within the broader SADC Peace and Security spectrum. It also aimed at engaging the SADC Peace and Security Organ to mandate the rapid deployment capability. The exercise was a reciprocal of Exercise "Tswarangano I" which was conducted in the Republic of Botswana in 2014.

As part of the forces' social responsibility the NDF constructed a traditional kitchen at Mphe Thuto Primary School in Tjsaka and renovated Dr. Fischer Primary School, and donated a portrait of Dr. Hage Geingob to Dr Fischer Primary School. The two forces also handed over iron zinc house constructed in the backyard of the Chief of San Community Mrs Ita Kambases and repainted the Chief's house at Drimiopisis, while the BDF bought a double bed and other beddings for the Chief. The Forces also constructed a shade bay at Drimiopisis road junction public bus stop that will be used by the public when hiking to Gobabis.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
Henry240:
Photos from the hand-over ceremony of the Nigerian Air Force helicopters to the Nigerian Air Force. coolcool

The Nigerian Air Force has so far quietly inducted 10 helicopters this year. 6 Light Utility Helicopters donated by the NNPC, and 4 Helicopters donated by the Nigerian Air Force.
This is the best news of the day to think i would witness the day that both of these HELICOPTERS which are among the most advanced in the world have been handed over to the NAF , I do not know who is more GIDDY the NAF Chief Sadique Abubakar or myself. Thank God for common sense, this shows the NAF has turned the corner finally and literally form the dregs of Badeh to the cream of Sadique Abubakar
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
This is gotta be a record. 2 months of back to back joint military training exercize with US,Jordan, now brits

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2016

Military Exercise "Hanganee I" in Omaheke Region 15-31 August 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
PHOTONEWS: @MBuhari hands over two helicopters to the Nigerian Airforce leaving the Presidential Fleet with 6 Aircraft

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
I spotted one of the the helos transferred to NAF in makurdi this afternoon. Probably heading to tactical air command makurdi.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
youngmoneypi:
I spotted one of the the helos transferred to naff in makurdi this afternoon. Probably heading to tactical air command makurdi.

I hope they get repainted at TAC. The white PAF colour does this helicopter a great disservice. Ash colour like the transport planes would be marvelous.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
zambia and US troops carrying out joint training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
I would have preferred the AW 101 to be transfered to the navy, for the NNS centinery/unity not the Airforce
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
jteku:
I would have preferred the AW 101 to be transfered to the navy, for the NNS centinery/unity not the Airforce
1) It most likely would have weight & Structural Issues.
2) Right as a great boost to NAF morale even though it has been an open secret that one of the Helos has been used as a med vac the fact that it is now been fully turned over to the NAF It demostrates an urgency placed on the lives of our Soldiers.
3) One of these HELOS is needed in the N'East full time as a Troop Carrier/ Logistics support.
grin grin grin grin grin grin This is my face all day long.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2016
Does Nigeria airlift soldiers into battlefield?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
tdayof:
Does Nigeria airlift soldiers into battlefield?
Before: I doubt we do. We might(IMO) have 'tested' that a couple of times where Air MEDEVAC for
seriously injured
soldier(s) becomes inevitable due to life-threatening complication(s) that might arise from road carrier. Guess, same way those IDPs were transported to Maiduguri in the video recently posted here.
Now: YES, we do grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.