Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,106 members, 7,939,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6131703 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (2863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
I'm a believer of our own products HOWEVER I don't believe the Rooivalk would ever sell outside South Africa. See, buying a machine like the Rooivalk goes beyond "Wow this machine is great", there's plenty of politics to consider.... South Africa is an AFRICAN country so I don't think the world is prepared to invest the future of their air defence (even partially) to an African country. We're still not there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
ActivateKruger:
I'm a believer of our own products HOWEVER I don't believe the Rooivalk would ever sell outside South Africa. See, buying a machine like the Rooivalk goes beyond "Wow this machine is great", there's plenty of politics to consider.... South Africa is an AFRICAN country so I don't think the world is prepared to invest the future of their air defence (even partially) to an African country. We're still not there.

*The Western world.

Asian, Arab, and African states might buy the Rooivalk. It's mostly the Afro-Asian-Arab bloc which has purchased Armscor and Denel products such as Casspirs, Elands, Ratels, and Ingwe missiles.

South American states have also bought Cheetahs so they're clearly willing to entrust their air defence to an African nation.

Believe it or not some countries are more than happy to buy air defence products from RSA provided the Rooivalk can be competitive on the international market. Right now, it isn't. It's not as advanced as the latest Western attack helicopters but it's also more expensive than a Hind. That's a very narrow customer base to appeal to.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:43am On Nov 24, 2016
ActivateKruger:
The Rooivalk would've won several export orders if it wasn't for Eurocopter(Airbus), nothing to do with us being African, and most importantly the Rooivalk isn't an Air defence system!!

Also Finland, which if im not mistaken is a Western country and they invested in the Umkhonto SAM which they use for air defence.....So yes the West is and already has invested in South African air defence products.

The whole world recognizes the Rooivalk as one of thee best AHs on the market.....But as you said politics play an even bigger role than the quality of the product!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:09am On Nov 24, 2016
@Any southie in the house
Any news about Denel African Truck(hope I got the name right)?

Can it mount any of denel's howitzers?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 24, 2016
Odunayaw:

Mount? Its suppose to replace the SAMIL....It's not a SPG!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:43am On Nov 24, 2016
Why do African countries allow its citizens to go work in the M.E. and get treated this way?

http://asian-defence-news..cz/2016/11/saudi-arabia-slavery-of-housemaids.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:30am On Nov 24, 2016
Odunayaw:
@Any southie in the house Any news about Denel African Truck(hope I got the name right)?
Too early.
Still a demonstrator. A lot can change.
PIC: SAPS STF.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:54am On Nov 24, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
Too early.

Still a demonstrator. A lot can change.

PIC: SAPS STF.

A technology demonstrator? Then it won't see service.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:36am On Nov 24, 2016
tdayof:

A technology demonstrator? Then it won't see service.
Yes, demonstrating the "technological capability" to the defence force after they made a request.

After tests they give feedback to the company which then will be put into the vehicle meaning another prototype might be built incorporating(to test) new features.

No one can yet answer if it will get into service or not.

Pictures: Surfers! Chasing a suspect vehicle(demonstration). grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
Yes, demonstrating the "technological capability" to the defence force after they made a request.

After tests they give feedback to the company which then will be put into the vehicle meaning another prototype might be built incorporating(to test) new features.

No one can yet answer if it will get into service or not.

Pictures: Surfers! Chasing a suspect vehicle(demonstration). grin

Oh cool. I know a technology demonstrator is not expected to enter service. Just like the Dassault Neuron.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 24, 2016
egypt

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2016
Albatros Octuple Launcher with Aspide Missiles on class Descubierta corvette ( 1479 tonnes) , maroccan Navy ( in service since 1983)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 24, 2016
cry FFFF*ck Aw-101 recently transferred to Naf involved in an accident.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 11:41am On Nov 24, 2016
Denel Land Systems - T5-52. There's something uber sexy about this beast

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3345642_1634452main_jpeg9c2d668474a1930078b2ec185952411d

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2016
saengine:
Denel Land Systems - T5-52. There's something uber sexy about this beast

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3345642_1634452main_jpeg9c2d668474a1930078b2ec185952411d

I wonder how many the army is planning on getting for the 6 GV6's we sold.

A battery is 8 guns, so I would assume that the minimum order is in the region of 9-10 (training/maintenance).

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2016
Odunayaw:

jln115:
Mount? Its suppose to replace the SAMIL....It's not a SPG!

MikeCZA:
Too early. Still a demonstrator. A lot can change.

More silo thinking from Denel?
Denel Vehicle Systems(DVS) comes up with the "Africa Truck"(naff name embarassed) whilst Denel Mechem is busy selling the "Blesbok", the 4x4, 6x6, 8x8(?) cargo truck upgrade based on the CASSPIR. I understand the "Africa Truck" is unique in that it's 100% designed from the first bolt as a military truck, unlike most other utility platforms out there which are modified commercial trucks.
Well then, same logic applies to the upgraded CASSPIR.

Militaries already operating Denel's RG-series vehicles should wink look at the "Africa Truck"( embarassed) but from my perspective as a planner, the preponderance of CASSPIR derived vehicles in the SANDF transmutes the latest Mechem "Blesbok" into an immutable cost and logistic advantage.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
this is one of d reasons I never supported d transfer to d air force.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Burkina Faso air force , super tucano and Mi-35

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Some idi0t here (with an inferiority complex - hint hint) said I was blowing smoke 2 months ago when I alluded to on-going tests in Pakistan and how ironic if Pak were to buy since Indian Army favoured our arty and politicians/competitors contrived to kill the deal:

Denel promoting T5-52 in Pakistan

Denel Land Systems is promoting its T5-52 self-propelled howitzer at the IDEAS 2016 defence show in Pakistan in response to Pakistan Army requirements.

Several months ago Zwelakhe Ntsehpe, the Acting CEO of the Denel Group, revealed that Denel was testing its T5-52 truck mounted G5 artillery piece in a foreign country (believed to be Pakistan) and that it performed very well. He said he hoped the weapon would penetrate the Asia-Pacific market. The presence of the T5-52 at IDEAS seems to confirm the tests were indeed conducted there.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46028:denel-promoting-t5-52-in-pakistan&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
giles14:
this is one of d reasons I never supported d transfer to d air force.

How about you not jump to conclusions and wait for the investigation?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Ahhhhhh dis people no go kill me ohhhhhhh......AW 101.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
frumentius:

How about you not jump to conclusions and wait for the investigation?
d AW101 is a complex machine and so d NAF will take time to fly it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
the air frame wasn't extensively damaged

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
africaken254:
It was probably a bad landing, the way it's tumbled over with its main rotors destroyed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
africaken254:

It's gonna be scraped for parts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
frumentius:

More silo thinking from Denel?
Denel Vehicle Systems(DVS) comes up with the "Africa Truck"(naff name embarassed) whilst Denel Mechem is busy selling the "Blesbok", the 4x4, 6x6, 8x8(?) cargo truck upgrade based on the CASSPIR. I understand the "Africa Truck" is unique in that it's 100% designed from the first bolt as a military truck, unlike most other utility platforms out there which are modified commercial trucks.
Well then, same logic applies to the upgraded CASSPIR.

Militaries already operating Denel's RG-series vehicles should wink look at the "Africa Truck"( embarassed) but from my perspective as a planner, the preponderance of CASSPIR derived vehicles in the SANDF transmutes the latest Mechem "Blesbok" into an immutable cost and logistic advantage.

You're not pleased with Denel's commercial activities at all grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

These are the instances when you think you have been bewitched, some close-family aunt is not happy you're with the Airforce grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (2863) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Stormtrooper11(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.