Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,235 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:48 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6065879 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 23, 2017
which rifle is being held by the guy in between the COAS and the CO them is it an uzi?
Henry240 odunayaw tdayoff

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 23, 2017
Nigeria female civil defence corp

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 23, 2017
Nigeria random

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 23, 2017
rawswag:
which rifle is being held by the guy in between the COAS and the CO them is it an uzi?
Henry240 odunayaw tdayoff

Shipka 9mm submachine gun .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2017
Senegalese deployment in The Gambia

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 23, 2017

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
Senegalese Air Force Mi-24

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 1:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
Henry240:
woooow for me the Senegalese are well kitted for the job.

Oga henry I still doubt if our boys actually land in Senegal.

I think the 3 C130 that flew to Senegal were for logistics support for the birds deployed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
giles14:

I think the 3 C130 that flew to Senegal were for logistics support for the birds deployed.

NAF claimed they airlifted men of the NAVY SBS and NA.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
giles14:

NAF official statement, should help clear your doubts.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
giles14:

Seeing the statement confirms the Navy SBS were deployed, then presumably the NA contingent were also SF. Do you then expect eo see pics of Special Forces out patrolling the streets? Absence of evidence does not denote evidence of absence, especially when SF is involved.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
tdayof:

NAF claimed they airlifted men of the NAVY SBS and NA.

jakeporeshenko:

frumentius:

Seeing the statement confirms the Navy SBS were deployed, then presumably the NA contingent were also SF. Do you then expect eo see pics of Special Forces out patrolling the streets? Absence of evidence does not denote evidence of absence, especially when SF is involved.
I just want to see even if it's a single pix of our boys.
the Senegalese are just having fun alone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
frumentius:

You're absolutely right, navy SBS usually don't operate with regular NA infantry, infact to the best of my knowledge they never do, they carry out independent opps in NE Nigeria so it's safe to say the NA contingent deployed is also SOF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
giles14:

It is not out of place that the Senegalese would dominate, after-all, they completely encircle Gambia. Like I've stated previously, regular Nigerian army troops are deployed. I saw a photo of them in the, "thenation newspaper" i bought on saturday.

As well as Navy SBS and Special Forces, regular soldiers are also deployed. They all conducted operations in Jammeh's home-town.

The Senegalese are very well kitted, very well armed and look like a pretty decent forces.

I'll post more photos of Senegalese troops deployed. As for Nigeria, hopefully we get to see our boys in green. However, apart from the Air Forcen it's only right we lower our expectations.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
frumentius:

NA troops deployed are regulars. Only the Navy SBS is the SF unit deployed. Also, your point is noted, but photographers regularly take photos of SF's around conflict zone as long as they see them, regardless of the roles of those SF units.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
giles14:

I just want to see even if it's a single pix of our boys. the Senegalese are just having fun alone
The Senegalese are right on the border from all sides.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

You're absolutely right, navy SBS usually don't operate with regular NA infantry, infact to the best of my knowledge they never do, they carry out independent opps in NE Nigeria so it's safe to say the NA contingent deployed is also SOF.

Let me just repeat again, the NA troops I've seen deployed are regulars.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
Much respect to the Senegalese troops, from the pics they look well prepared(well kitted, well armed), damn! they are killing it!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Fidha254:
Much respect to the Senegalese troops, from the pics they look well prepared(well kitted, well armed), damn! they are killing it!

Exactly. I'm immensely impressed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Katyusha(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
Fidha254:
Nigeria would have done a far better job. Trust me..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Katyusha(m): 3:06pm On Jan 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Why then is The N.A not releasing any photos? Later Senegal will claim glory for a joint operation. The Nigerian Armed Forces stinks of lack of ambition.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
Coalition military soldiers patrol the town of Soma in Gambia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
Coalition military soldiers patrol the town of Soma

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
Gambians celebrate in front of a Senegalese army IFV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 3:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
Katyusha:
I don't doubt they would. But pictures speak for themselves, I was watching on CNN and I felt proud, they looked like a mordern fighting force!!! I don't even know their perfomance, I just looked at them and I was like, yes!
even from these pics, look how their APCs take positions strategically, each one covering a different angle, then the troops just look so cool and on point.. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY OWN THE PLACE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
The Senegalese are coming cool cool

.............be very afraid.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
Katyusha:
would have but we didn't

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
The Senegalese troops look so picture perfect.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
Fidha254:
I don't doubt they would. But pictures speak for themselves, I was watching on CNN and I felt proud, they looked like a mordern fighting force!!! I don't even know their perfomance, I just looked at them and I was like, yes!
even from these pics, look how their APCs take positions strategically, each one covering a different angle, then the troops just look so cool and on point
to say the truth Senegalese army really surprised me .never expected dat from any west African nation.

I really envy them

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2017
africaken254:
Yes,on KDF twitter account
From the same video, what type of plane is that, and do you know anything about the APC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.