Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,499 members, 7,937,442 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining (4975 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Alleged N1tr Diversion: Lamorde ‘ill, Flown Abroad’|that's The Trend Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2008
@ Dis Guy
Contract is not a bad thing though, its normal business around the world isn't it?

You should know that getting contracts in Niger is NOT done the fair or legal way, Now, I know the same thing can be said of the American federal government (like Halliburton and Dick Cheney) BUT most of the time, getting contracts in the US is pretty fair, I can speak from expereince.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2008
@ MyTempID pls contribute !!!!!! grin grin
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Xiomarra: 1:14am On Jun 04, 2008
dudu-bobo:

Where did this dog come from?

I have just looked through to see that you're just a nuisance on the forum. Go and find other dogs like yourself. And while you're at it, you may wish to see a clinical psychologist to examine your mental state.

It wont be long till you get [size=15pt]sectioned.[/size]

You should be in Aro

Sectioned? I thought that term is used for pregnant women only who are way past their due dates? You bloody illiterate!

Hopefully I can still be "sectioned" by a certified doctor outside Nigeria to give birth to you as your only chance of being born again.

Idiot!

Yeah I am already in "Aro Chukwu" cheesy

Sorry, I have never had a C-section and I can't start now.  Too old! kiss Everthing I deal with enters or exits from my vagina. . .pick your choice. Would you like to be a "tampon" or a "period"?

Deeeks preferably.  Make that extra beefy and "tall"! kiss  No wrinkles please.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by acidrop(f): 3:12am On Jun 04, 2008
Xiomarra:

he he he he he he he he!

I just get sick of retarded Nairaland members with shit brains. . . bastardizing my screen name like their mothers' wrinkled arses so I would like to see how many they can insult now.

Just a change in MO! When you are dealing with retarded Nigerians, you become a great psychologist! cool

Bring it on I say. . .your ugly monkey arses! kiss

lol if dem dey annoy u too much y u come dey kiss thier ugly monkey arses. lol. grin
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Xiomarra: 4:46am On Jun 04, 2008
acidrop:

[/b]
lol if them dey annoy u too much y u come dey kiss their ugly monkey arses. lol. grin

I have to stay awake at work somehow remember? While I get paid cussing out monkey "blockuses"! grin
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by ayomifull(f): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2008
@ topic Nigerians at home complains as well, infact they complain soooooooooooooo much but how do you expect millions of people with no access to internet to make complains through forums like these? Those who are really doing the complaint do not have the opportunity you and i have and those who has the opportunity has given up complaining because its like complaining to deaf ears. God help us.

About those abroad coming home to make a difference, c'mon we all know how easy that is if we want to be sincere. I remember during the power probe a young intelligent guy who came from America and was there to make a speech was given the shortest time there to speak and his speed didnt make any meaning to them, they almost spit on his face. You can only make a change when you are allowed you cant force it. What of brillian intelligent Nigerians at home who have at one time or the other tried to make positive changes but are either told to their faces to back off or get killed.

I've been thinking of what I as a person can do to make a difference and i realised its a waste of time. I was to drive into Apo quaters and my senator host asked me to bribe the policeman at the gate who stopped me from entering with an unofficial car, i tried not to do it but my car wont stay at the gate for 3 days (of course it wont be allowed). And when i was 'preaching' the right and the wrong he laughed and asked me if i still remember i was in Nigeria.

I met govr (name withheld) on a flight to Nigeria and i asked him how come they all come here so often and they cant go back to make things right as they see here and his response was that there are many forces against development in Nigeria and its more that what i think. I also once asked one of them senators why they make the people that vote them into power not enjoy life as they should and his response was that things has gone beyond what i can understand and that i should forget what we read on the papers because 'omi poju oka lo' and the forces governing Nigeria is not just the leaders we know their names. I jokingly told another to give me the position he was looking for someone to occupy he looked at me and laugh and said 'with this your oyinbo life preaching you will either have to be silent on so many things that will grieve you or be silenced if you cant play the kind of game that goes on here' (sure i value my life)

So someone tell me how can i make a difference? Will i not rather sit back where i can do things clean and help my people who needs the little i can afford back home. No one is mocking the country no one in his/her right mind will mock his/her people for going through undeserved hardship but what can we do. There are great minds in Nigeria let them allow them before asking those abroad to come home to contribute. Was the guy who came from abroad to contest Gov seat in Ekiti not murdered, was Soludo allowed his naira policy? God help us.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2008
Ayomifull you are right.

Nobody said it will be easy!! I remember clearly a certain African President who spent years in Prison fighting for freedom for he’s country. Reform process meets challenges but with determination, you can succeed. I’m presently in Nigeria and I know it’s not anywhere near easy, trying to bring about change, but the negativity of the citizens is certainly not helping. We need a complete change in orientation.

People get assassinated in political fights everywhere; Nigerians are not the pioneers. The corruption is everywhere, at every level of government, and one person cannot change the whole country. But if everybody can change the way the act first, then the process of change has begun. ‘Be the change you want to see in the World’.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by ayomifull(f): 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2008
Ujujoan:

Ayomifull you are right.

Nobody said it will be easy!! I remember clearly a certain African President who spent years in Prison fighting for freedom for he’s country.

Believe me if it was in Nigeria he would have been dead a long time ago, how long did Abiloa spend before he was killed?. Politics in Nigeria is a do or die affair, those who are clean and has no heart to do evil i mean as far as taking lives to gain power will not try to be involved, to a Nigerian politician everyone who stands between him and getting into the govt seat should be killed. Life has no meaning to them, so how will I who only say my prayers and cant kill a fly attempt to comtest with these evil people? Even the ones who are related to me who i could vouch for before they got into power i can no longer trust them because when it gets to a stage and they are asked to approve killing so so person to clear the road i am sure they will not object because they just have to be there.

A friend of mine who lived in London briefly and returned home when things were not working out fine to practise his law proffession was killed recently for attempting to stand as a witness against a serving gov at one of these ongoing probes. Imagine a waste of life! a young, brilliant lawyer with promising future cut short in his prime just because of some selfish interest. I am afraid for the country, i kept wondering if these guys will ever make things better, if the good ones will ever be allowed to gain power and if the touts who makes it will allow the good ones there to make a change.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Moves: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2008
It is simply because we have seen how thing should be; could be if the little effort is applied. Solving the majority of the problem facing nigeria just requires the president to be strong willed and decisive; Obasanjo if he didnt soil his hands would have been a good fit. To fix nigeria; yar adua needs to forget the 7 point agenda and just concentrate on 3 of the points.

1. Niger Delta- Create a weekly unemployed benefit for the people actually resident in the impoverished areas of the niger delta; if they attend training 3days a week to get them gainfully employed; this can be funded from the money allocated to the Niger Delta development, oil companies contributions - which the so called elders and leaders are just siphoning for themselves- This will show the people that there is willingness on the government part to solve the issue and will give those criminals parading as militant no excuse; finger printing should be done to avoid fraud.

2: Revamping of the Railways and Roads; the railways on its on will provide a minimium of 500,000 jobs directly, and loads more indirectly form associated services. Over 10,000,000 people are employed by the railway in India.

3. Electricity- This can implemented with commitment from the government
These 3 points can be done within yar adua time frame; and regardless whether there is corruption or Not. Will investigating the corruption of the past there is need to move forward and achieve something
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by tpia: 5:09am On Jun 11, 2008
@ topic: I think its bush mentality. Just my opinion oh.

when you've run away from poverty and seen things you've never experienced before in life( eg constantly running water, regular electricity, buying a car, seeing other races, etc etc), of course it all seems so wonderful like Disneyworld. You think you've died and gone to heaven.

I mentioned somewhere before that a lot of people were traumatised by whatever they experienced in Nigeria.

of course things arent always rosy back home, but still, the badmouthing is something else.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by bebure(m): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2008
Nigeria as a nation is very far from perfect that's a given. And the people who are chopping government conracts in my opinion are doing what most of us would do given the chance, so we shouldn't blast them.

However I feel the posters comment about only Nigerians in diaspora complaining is wrong, a lot of people in Nigeria complain every damn day. However, the people in Nigeria do have a right to complain because they are eating, living and breathing Nigeria. They are the ones who have decided to stay in their God-given country (except conditions no allow dem comot sha) and strive to improve the country or at least themselves.

Those in diaspora (of which I am one currently) do not in my opinion have any right to complain about Nigeria (they gave up that right the moment they abandoned the country in order to use their skills to advance another mans land) unless they plan to return and try to instill some sort of positive change in the country as people such as Jim Ovie have done.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by dudubobo1: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2008
Xiomarra:

Sectioned? I thought that term is used for pregnant women only who are way past their due dates? You bloody illiterate!

Hopefully I can still be "sectioned" by a certified doctor outside Nigeria to give birth to you as your only chance of being born again.

Idiot!

Yeah I am already in "Aro Chukwu" cheesy

Sorry, I have never had a C-section and I can't start now. Too old! kiss Everthing I deal with enters or exits from my vagina. . .pick your choice. Would you like to be a "tampon" or a "period"?

Deeeks preferably. Make that extra beefy and "tall"! kiss No wrinkles please.

This market fool does not know waht it means to be sectioned and she's not asking.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by ChineduEZ: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
TREY sNOG
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by liquid7: 9:44am On May 09, 2011
original poster said the right word THOSE that have money in Nigeria.Thats a small minority of Nigerians in a country where 99% is owned by less then 10%.
Rich man in any poor country will not complain .Espically since you can do much more with your money in a poorer country.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 11:41am On May 09, 2011
@spermdrops
Well said Madam!
See how Nigerians have just accepted results of elections that they know is rigged undecided

God Help Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye / We Shall Send Obasanjo Back To Jail; He Will Die In Prison - Col. Bello Fadile / Buhari Once Again Proved Critics, TonyeBarcanista And Others Wrong

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.