Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,229 members, 7,880,860 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:19 AM

Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses (15454 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
Man of the people
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Tstark(m): 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
church Agbasa:
Small boy go and ask your father about the great GANI perhaps he might be educated a little to know about him

@Topic I love this man with a passion.Quite a pity no Activist seems to be like him in modern day Nigeria

And why cant you step up and fill his shoes then if you feel so strongly about it? Typical naija 'all mouth' mentality
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Senior Advocate of owambe masses?

....This poor man had never done anything for his tribe and the nation whil he was alive...he only good at cramming grammar.

SMFH!!!!
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by churchAgbasa: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
Tstark:

And why cant you step up and fill his shoes then if you feel so strongly about it? Typical naija 'all mouth' mentality
And in what occasion did i mention to you that i am an Activist?Dude go learn how to comprehend simple sentence

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
church Agbasa:
Small boy go and ask your father about the great GANI perhaps he might be educated a little to know about him

@Topic I love this man with a passion.Quite a pity no Activist seems to be like him in modern day Nigeria
What more can you say of the fake and selfish man who pretended as if he was with the masses but busy romancing with dictators at the corner side.

If u wanna knw this story, ask onagoruwa.

...Yoruba people have eyez but they can't see.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
AbdulGaniy Fawehinmi... May Allah forgive you and may your soul REST IN PERFECT PEACE.... AmeEeEeN

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by tankwa: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
He also graduated with 3rd class honours.To show he was dull. Was put in prison by Babangida's administration manx times showing he was a criminal. He failed as a presidential candidate in his home town. Why holding that vegetable to a high esteem.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
tankwa: He also graduated with 3rd class honours.To show he was dull. Was put in prison by Babangida's administration manx times showing he was a criminal. He failed as a presidential candidate in his home town. Why holding that vegetable to a high esteem.
Don't mind those yokels hailing an hypocrite. *the gullible minds*
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by HarvardGrad: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
tankwa: He also graduated with 3rd class honours.To show he was dull. Was put in prison by Babangida's administration manx times showing he was a criminal. He failed as a presidential candidate in his home town. Why holding that vegetable to a high esteem.

Your level of cerebration is a crime against humanity!

7 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by HarvardGrad: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Don't mind those yokels praising a traitor.

Guy go chop sleep.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by ihimami: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Don't mind those yokels praising a traitor.

Unbelievable responses from the two of you. I am not sure you guys knows the Man at all, if not how on earth you could make derogatory comments about Late Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory. May God forgive you two.

8 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
Harvard-Grad:

Guy go chop sleep.
quote me wrong....i'm ready to lecture some gullible brains here.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
ihimami:

Unbelievable responses from the two of you. I am not sure you guys knows the Man at all, if not how on earth you could make derogatory comments about Late Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory. May God forgive you two.
Where were you when onagoruwa was revealing his secret to the nation and this man couldn't stand against him?

...He was an hypocrite.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Maxymilliano(m): 8:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
There's already someone who is stepping into the shoes left behind by Chief Fawehinmi. His name is Musiwa, the similarity in altitude is glaring.

Er, er ... Where's Musiwa when you need him to show us the picture that capture the comparison ?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by bumdish: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Where were you when onagoruwa was revealing his secret to the nation and this man couldn't [size=18pt]stood[/size] against him?

...He was an hypocrite.
Sorry sir, you meant stand.

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
bumdish:

grin grin grin grin

xykms101: Where were you when onagoruwa was revealing his secret to the nation and this man couldn't stood against him?

...He was[b] an hypocrite.[/b]

Olu Onagoruwa of the terrorist days of Abacha abi? I cannot fit to shout

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
That's a great man right there. He was a phenomenon to say the least. A conscientious activist who constituted a 'positive nuisance' to the power elite for decades, without fear or favour. . . .

Always at the centre of every (mis)governance debate, forever crusading against corruption, and consistently championing the cause of the masses without taking sides or compromising himself (unlike some discredited ignoble laureates that collect handouts from Bourdillon and Port Harcourt)). I remember Gani's unrelenting quest to expose and disgrace Tinubu for the crook he was/is. . .beginning with his questionable University of Chicago (or was it Chicago State University) credentials.

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
church Agbasa:

Why are you this stupid? Cant you address that guy without dragging his parent to the discuss at all?

It shows you are not trained and you are such unprinciple type
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
Students of OAU, Ile-Ife felt that a lawyer like Gani Fawehinmi was ripe enough to be made a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) but was not given because of his radical stand against the government. In 1988, the students said if Nigeria could deny Fawehinmi SAN, they would make him a Senior Advocate of the Masses (SAM). But there was a problem: The day chosen for the conferment coincided with IBB's 3rd year anniversary. The VC, Wande Abimbola told the students to choose another day but they refused. A day to the day the venue, Amphitheatre was locked and armoured tanks stationed at the school's main gate. Fawehinmi took another road, Road 7 to the new venue, Sports Complex.

6 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 9:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
bumdish:
Yeah! Typo i guess.

...Bro, understanding (also called intellection)
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by drnairalov: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
he has a love child also...which the second wife is taking care of..the inheritance he left mehn!!! damn!! one of his sons said

"I dnt need to work in any office cos d money i ve is enough to pay the oga nd his workers"
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by ajanaku2(m): 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2013

It's blindingly apparent that you have the IQ of a sack of nails...

, eku ise!...very good read!

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by mylifeisagift(m): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Yungwizzzy: pls I want to be a mod
Seriously?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by bumdish: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Where were you when onagoruwa was revealing his secret to the nation and this man couldn't [size=18pt]stood[/size] against him?

...He was an hypocrite.
bumdish: Sorry sir, you meant stand.

xykms101: Yeah! Typo i guess.
...Bro, understanding (also called intellection)
Just to let you know how easy it is to depreciate another and how pathetic it is to be "the judge"

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
What has his graduating with a Third Class got to do with this? Are we not supposed to be concerned about whether or not he was a great lawyer/activist? May I tell you that Femi Falana, former President West African Bar Association (WABA) graduated with a Third Class in 1981 from OAU. Same as Fred Agbaje in the same year, faculty and school?

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by bymigokeph: 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
if dey born Gani wen den born me him 4 no fit shout. great man of his tym
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
proO1: That's a great man right there. He was a phenomenon to say the least. A conscientious activist who constituted a 'positive nuisance' to the power elite for decades, without fear or favour. . . .

Always at the centre of every (mis)governance debate, forever crusading against corruption, and consistently championing the cause of the masses without taking sides or compromising himself (unlike some discredited ignoble laureates that collect handouts from Bourdillon and Port Harcourt)). I remember Gani's unrelenting quest to expose and disgrace Tinubu for the crook he was/is. . .beginning with his questionable University of Chicago (or was it Chicago State University) credentials.
.... If Gani ws fond of Buhari, what then ws his grudge against other dictators?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by Ninilowo(m): 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
saheedbadmus: A great man he was . Not lyk festus kiyamo elenu lawyer
Keyamo.........that one na persin?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by xykms101: 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
bumdish:

Just to let you know how easy it is to depreciate another and how pathetic it is to be "the judge"
...what's your point Mr hick?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi, Nigeria's Senior Advocate Of The Masses by tankwa: 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ajanaku,
even sack of nail is more useful than Gari. Have you ever heard of Gani Fawehmi street or a proposed higher institution to be named after him. Who is pushing for his immortalisation. Abeg leave the dead man to rot in hell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / NSITF Blames Termites Over Unknown ₦17.128bn Spending In 2013 / Tinubu To Nigerians: The Hope That Is Almost Dithering Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.