Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,416 members, 7,964,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:26 PM

National Anthem: Letter And Prayer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Anthem: Letter And Prayer (833 Views)

Fashola Will Need A Doctor, A Massager, And Prayer Warriors’ - Reuben Abati / See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Ait Wants Tinubu To Withdraw Letter And Apologize On 4 Tv Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

National Anthem: Letter And Prayer by WhiteHalo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2008
I think I know why we sang the National Anthem everyday at school. I want to write it again for Nigerians to read to get the impression that the lady who wrote it (It is a lady, ba? What's her name again? Shebi she was a white british lady?) wanted to convey

Stand up, fellow citizens.
Nigeria is calling you. You have to listen, and do what she says.
Nigeria wants you to serve the land of your fathers,
with love for it, showing strenght of mind, body and character, and faith that it would turn out well.
Don't forget the sacrifices and hard work of our heroes of yesteryears,
No one should, for it wasn't pointless, and it shall never be in vain!
Our goal should be to serve with heartfelt devotion, and with all the might we can muster;
to serve one nation whose only boundries
are Freedom, Peace, and Unity.

Almighty God, who created everything that we are and we know,
give us direction in this our noble endeavour
Give the right guidiance to our leaders,
and help our young generation to know the truth, about You and about life
Help all of us to grow in our love for You and for one another
Aid us in causing our dealings in life to be increasingly honesty
Living in a manner sincere and equitably dealing with others
May we seek no small goals in building our nation,
and may we continually hit the marks
to the point where our nation would be one notable
for peace and justice.
Amen
Re: National Anthem: Letter And Prayer by omoovie(f): 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2008
According to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arise_O_Compatriots

The national anthem was a group effort and wasn't written by a British woman. Even in primary school, I remember we were taught that the anthem was written by Nigerians. The original anthem we used after independence was written by 2 male Brit expatriates but has since fallen out of use.

(1) (Reply)

Gani Is Back! Sues Yaradua Over Waziri. / Mend Vs Jtf / If You Become Nigeria President Today:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.