Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,759 members, 7,952,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam (823 Views)

7 Reasons To Perform Hajj While Young / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by dabigwalls: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
Sorry Mod, I am a Christian and apologise for violating your "Muslim Posters Only" rule for your section but this is my latest article on my blog and I thought to share:

A lot of times, we live and interact with people based on our perceptions of their religious faiths. I believe that religious stereotypes, under most social conditions determine the interactive configuration that our metal faculties promote.  For instance, a fully bearded man at an airport is more likely to be questioned for terrorism related matters than a lady in a mini skirt regardless of intentions which remain clearly unseen. Islam is referred to as a religion of peace and whether anybody agrees (or disagrees) with that assertion is a highly subjective matter and does not relate to the core interest of this piece. The intention of this piece is to share personal opinion about a religion that has inherent  good but which has been bastardized by certain internal and external forces. In any case I love Islam for the following reasons:

1)      ISLAMIC PREACHERS NEVER ADORN THEIR COMMUNICATION MATERIALS WITH HUMAN ELEMENTS. I have often questioned the rationale for the celebration of fellow humans, fellow sinners, and fellow corrigible seeds like myself adorning banners and posters  by religious groups who seem to practically worship individuals above God.  Advertisements are designed with clearly commercial intent and purposes with eye catching and eye popping headers and body copies that clearly present religious activity as a business. Often times, one would see a man and his wife embossed in dazzling images on large and expensive billboards, on Lagos BRT buses, in magazines, on TV and in strategically positioned banners. Junctions are usually the best sought locations for these celebrations of shiny human mediocrity above true worship of God who is spirit and who must be worshipped in spirit and in truth. Islam is strong in Nigeria and I never see them engage in superfluous shows of grand image laundering in the publicsphere. The moderation that Islam demonstrates in celebrating even their best brains reflects a humility that I think other religions should emulate. Must a poster and banner show a man and his wife before it passes a message of inherent power from a God who is more interested in the heart?

2)      ISLAM DEMOTES GLUTTONY AND PROMOTES GOOD HEALTH. I have read in a number of publications that the body engages in a recovery and flushing cycle during fast. I find quite interesting, the fact that one month in a year is dedicated to lightweight feeding. A lot of us eat too much probably because it  does no harm to our bank accounts but we are inundated on a daily basis with warnings from health experts about the hazards of different kinds of foods to the point that nothing seems safe to consume anymore. If Islam chooses to give the body a one month break per year per adult, then I love it.

3)      INTEREST FREE LOANS. While my brothers and sisters in the capitalist enclaves of earth will disagree with this principle, I love the fact that Islam highlights the moral elements of financial transactions beyond the gain element. If we offered help one to the other in this world, we have no need for the exploitation that Al-Riba (interest) promotes. A man who borrows does so, ideally because he has a need. If we met that need for such a man, why must we extend that to exploiting him under the guise of such economic terms as cost of funds, NPV, etc? To this end, while Islam does not condemn borrowing, it condemns the attendant exploitation that has today marred the world in a dog-eat-dog fiery contest of who has the most financial gains from such transactions.  I am tempted to amateurishly quote from Quran 2: 275 – 276 state that “God destroys interests and gives increase for charities”.

4)      ISLAM PROMOTES GENROUSITY. My parent’s neighbors of about 20 years have clearly demonstrated immense generosity to our family. The Alhaji and his wife have cheerfully given from ordinary meals to celebration rams. It is not so much about the gifts that they give, but more about they give delightfully. They share with open arms and are always ready to offer help. I usully smirk at remarks I hear about Muslims being terrorists and all but my neighbors are so perfect that for 20 years, we have never had a fight or a quarrel because they show so much respect for others and have increased the bond between the two families till date. The husband relates with those whom so called elites call “common folks” and it has been a delight living with this wonderful family. My Arab friends in the UK were very hospitable and friendly. I really look forward to time and opportunity to travel to Saudi Arabia to see and just be with these guys. I have hesitated in inviting them down here to Nigeria for obvious reasons at least for now, but in a short while I hope to do so.

5)      ISLAM PROMOTES NATURAL BEAUTY. I detest make up, especially in ladies that have invested so much faith in it. Every individual is made beautiful. We however accelerate wear and tear of our skins when we administer all kinds of chemical mixtures and weapons on skins that were carefully crafted by God for us. We bastardize our God-given skins and body with so much trash that our ladies look like masquerades and ghosts when they are fresh from bed. I lived in the northern part of Nigeria for some time and I can tell without any hesitation that the re-engineered human beauty common in many parts of Nigeria deals a heavy blow to my appreciation of beauty other than what I have seen in the North. We carry about lips and skins that are laboratories for imperialist money making ventures without knowing it. Many ladies today look like fish out of water without make up. Kudos to cosmetics companies for this undeniable feat however.

6)      ISLAM HAS THE BEST BURIAL RITES EVER. I am usually stunned at the height of uncontrolled wastages that accompany burial ceremonies in many parts of the world. A corpse is a corpse and not a human being. I love the summary and focused approach of Islam towards treatment of the dead which aligns perfectly with how the remains of Jesus Christ whom I worship was treated.  Why dance Disco and Apala  music over a dead man that should just be buried and the lessons of his life shared? We are unfortunately drowned by the demands of our cultural societies and then we find ourselves enmeshed in monstrous debts, uncontrolled wastages and distractions for what is usually supposed to be a one-hour internment of body mass. By all means, upon my passage as God wills, I hope that nobody will attempt to engage in any ceremony over my remains. I will not support any debt incurred by anyone on my burial from the spiritual realm. Any such gbeses  (debts) is an OYO (on your own) one.   
7)      ISLAM PROMOTES INTERNAL UNITY OF FAITHFULS. There is this enviable “oneness” you find in Islam. There are not overly diverse interpretations of the revelations of the Quran that give room for vile and deceitful men to sneak in porous and indecent interpretations. The seeming unity cutting across parts of the world where Islam is practiced connotes some internal consistency of spiritual parts of the religion that makes this possible.

Happy Eid to all my Muslim friends.

Wole Temidire Aguda
08/08/2013

Source: www.woleaguda..com

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by AbdH: 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lovely piece. One thing though, there are other reasons to love Islam and I believe that the one that is most loveable and endearing is the unity in the act of worshiping just one God - the only God.
That being said, your love for Islam is appreciated but that alone doesn't guaranty you paradise. Beyond all you highlighted, endeavour to learn more about Islam and embrace it totally not minding what others would say...
Allah is not ashamed of creating you, do not be ashamed of worshiping Him only. May Allah guide you to Islam.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by dabigwalls: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Mental note taken. Thanks.
Re: 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by tpia5: 5:32am On Aug 11, 2013
oh, i thought you were muslim.
Re: 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by AbdH: 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
tpia@:
oh, i thought you were muslim.

So when will you join us in Islam? I can't wait for you to bear witness.
Re: 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by speckless: 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Negativities that have been attributed to Islam has nothing to do with the religion but the cultural habits and believe of the people..this explains why a core nothern muslim mite hate christians while a southern muslim embraces and accommodates them.
I ve met rather decent, tolerant and wonderful muslims some of whom we still remain best of friends till date. Every religion is plagued by cultural sentiments or how do we explain the acceptance of gay marriages in the west and its rejection among African christians.
Islam is a religion started in the middle east but meant for the whole world.
Judge by what the Prophet(SAW) preached and practiced not by what some of his followers have decided to propagate! It is well.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by Haywhymido(m): 4:37am On Aug 13, 2013
Takbir - Allahu akbar. cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why A Christian Loves Islam by nextpart(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
@ OP

Why are you still a Christian if you are truly one? Afterall you are free to belong to either side: God or Satan.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims And Voting. Is It Allowed? / What Were The Final Words Of Allah? / What Does Shari'a Says About Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.