Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,658 members, 7,889,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

World's Smallest Power Inverter - Technology Market (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / World's Smallest Power Inverter (189867 Views)

Quality 2000w (2.5kva) Power Inverter UPS With Inbuilt Charger / World's Smallest Power Inverter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by olabakefish: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2016
feflo:

I don't think you made any mistake, the problem is caused by the inverter.

This is the wicked inverter and the unfortunate battery

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 9:24am On Jul 02, 2016
olabakefish:

This is a very harmless inverter, I've installed a couple of it. Surprised that it could cause that kind of damage. The charging amps is even less than 10amps.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by olabakefish: 9:32am On Jul 02, 2016
feflo:

I don't think you made any mistake, the problem is caused by the inverter.

My regular inverter

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2016
olabakefish:

My regular inverter

They're thesame technically

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by DUNKA(m): 9:46am On Jul 02, 2016
feflo:

This is a very harmless inverter, I've installed a couple of it. Surprised that it could cause that kind of damage. The charging amps is even less than 10amps.
could there be something else wrong with the inverter? Or could it be with his set up?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by DUNKA(m): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2016
olabakefish:

sorry for your loss but if not cash constrained go for the high end inverters e.g. Manum,outback,victron,sunny sma,exeltech,xantrex etc. The difference between changing an inverters time to time will be almost the cost of any high end inverter which u can buy and go yo sleep. Unfortunately most of the indian and chinese inverters don't just cut it. My advise save up on a high end inverter and let the Chinese and indian one serves as your backup inverter. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by drizzit(m): 9:54am On Jul 02, 2016
DUNKA:
sorry for your loss but if not cash constrained go for the high end inverters e.g. Manum,outback,victron,sunny sma,exeltech,xantrex etc. The difference between changing an inverters time to time will be almost the cost of any high end inverter which u can buy and go yo sleep. Unfortunately most of the indian and chinese inverters don't just cut it. My advise save up on a high end inverter and let the Chinese and indian one serves as your backup inverter. Thank me later
Nicely said bro... Or better still get yourself an APC ups and convert it and you can be rest assured of getting service anytime you need it.....
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by chris81964(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2016
olabakefish:

I can't tell the exact mistake I made, what happened was that I saw the inverter with a guy that sells power tools like drilling machine, grinders and the rest, he only happens to have the inverter in his shop and I asked him if it works and he said it is working fine, we could not even test it that day as there was no battery in his shop since that is not what he deals on. I was desperate for that inverter because the one at home was bad, he gave me his word that I can return it if it doesn't work, I connected it to my battery of less than 6 months brand new slim Ritar 200ah and there was light all night till 6am the next morning, then I put it on blving that it must have charged very well only for it to go off in 20min. I couldn't do anything about I left till I came back from work and I was told that there was light for considerable hours so I bliv it must be charged like the new one does only for it to do same.
I called the guy he asked me to bring it on getting there I tot he will refund my money, collected it and told me tp come back some days after that he would have fixed it, I he went back on the said day he gave back to me and was requesting that I give more money and I refused collected the inverter and left. During that time I had located the service centre and fixed my new inverter that went bad that's when I noticed the battery had gone bad. I took the inverter from the guy straight to the office and connect it to the battery in the office in less than 30mins it ran down a battery dat lasts hours, that went I knew I had use my money to buy wahala. The inverter actually damaged 2 batteries, one at home another at office, the run time for the at office was seriously reduced to like 45mins after the incident. That is when I new the that the inverter was the culprit. I just dump it somewhere. I will post the picture later for you to see. The most painful part was that I had a blue gate ups at home that I could have converted in the meam time. So when I stumbled on this thread I felt like crying because the cost of the battery now is so painful. With the way things are in the era of CHANGE. So please what was my mistake...
Revisit your batteries again. Unless you have shorted cells the issue you describe defies logic. Get a good charger and run a four hour equalize charge. The batteries have to be fully charged before the equalization will start. Good luck
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
I am presently converting the 1.5kva 24vdc APC UPS to inverter and I'll be uploading live pictures here. As a rule I'll love that we don't post anything until after the conversion. Thanks.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
Introducing the materials and tools that'll finish the job.
Screwdriver, socket, lugging machine, insulation tapes. Side cutter, pliers etc

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
I've opened it up, as you can see it comes with a DC fan, making the conversion relatively simpler.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
Locate the DC cables, black and red usually, extend using additional cables, preferably red and black.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
The attached pictures shows how I extend my cables

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Look for the buzzer, usually on the board and remove it.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
To get output from the inverter, you will need this cable. It's called IN to IN power cable or MALE and FEMALE, it's a computer cable. Cut it in half and connect the end of the female side to a socket as shown.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
Couple it and ready for use/delivery.

2 Likes

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by olabakefish: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2016
chris81964:

Revisit your batteries again. Unless you have shorted cells the issue you describe defies logic. Get a good charger and run a four hour equalize charge. The batteries have to be fully charged before the equalization will start. Good luck

shocked you mean something can be done about the battery, I don't have that kind of charger, where and what type charger can do that. Please if you can be of help I'l appreciate it so much. Here is a picture of the battery

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by chris81964(m): 9:27am On Jul 03, 2016
olabakefish:

shocked you mean something can be done about the battery, I don't have that kind of charger, where and what type charger can do that. Please if you can be of help I'l appreciate it so much. Here is a picture of the battery
I usually use inverters with good AC chargers. There are external AC chargers but I don't know where you can buy them in Nigeria. I have seen a lot on Konga. I will start there
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by DUNKA(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2016
chris81964:

I usually use inverters with good AC chargers. There are external AC chargers but I don't know where you can buy them in Nigeria. I have seen a lot on Konga. I will start there
Oga Chris those his batteries look like dry cell batteries and proposed fix might not work as it may have been more suitable for wetcell batteries. @ OP you may have to close eye and get new batteries as yours may have already died
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by temizeee(m): 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
olabakefish:

try Epsom salt it works 100% most of the time.search youtube for how to go about it......... U need to learn to do research on your own dont relay on no one
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by chris81964(m): 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
DUNKA:
Oga Chris those his batteries look like dry cell batteries and proposed fix might not work as it may have been more suitable for wetcell batteries. @ OP you may have to close eye and get new batteries as yours may have already died
Bros Dunka believe it or not you can equalize your sealed batteries. I would not do it to GEL. I equalized a set of AGM batteries last month and I saw a big improvement in the performance of the battery bank. The Victron chargers have an equalize mode for all battery types and they can be activated using the tools they provide
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by FxDominion(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
@feflo: How much is your 12v 200ah fairly new battery if it is available, what brand and how long is the guarantee?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
FxDominion:
@feflo: How much is your 12v 200ah fairly new battery if it is available, what brand and how long is the guarantee?

Yes, available, I presently hàve MHB. It costs 35k and the guarantee on it is 3months.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by olabakefish: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
temizeee:
try Epsom salt it works 100% most of the time.search youtube for how to go about it......... U need to learn to do research on your own dont relay on no one

Please if you have used the Epsom salt and it works 100% kindly give a description of how you applied it.

Asking questions is part of research and you will rely on people to get the answers because people uploaded the video on YouTube.
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by casig: 9:46am On Jul 04, 2016
feflo:
Today's installation at Ikorodu, Lagos.
1pc MHB fairly new 12v 200ah batteries
One 650va converted inverter
One 10amps 12vdc charger
Installation
Total cost - 60k
Good morning. Please how much is that 10 amps 12vdc charger?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2016
casig:

Good morning. Please how much is that 10 amps 12vdc charger?

10k for the charger only.

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
Now available Northstar NSB 100FT SILVER BATTERY.
12V 100ah with a life expectancy of about 10yrs.
35k each

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Inverter

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by DUNKA(m): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
feflo:
Now available Northstar NSB 100FT SILVER BATTERY.
12V 100ah with a life expectancy of about 10yrs.
35k each
does this battery come in 200ah?
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by feflo: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
DUNKA:
does this battery come in 200ah?

I doubt if they come in 200ah but I believe there are higher ah than 100ah. I only have the 100ah for now.

Thanks

Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by twicenoni(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Which type of generator can power it? And how much is it. And i how many bat3 can power
32inch LCD TV
PS3
DECK
2 STANDING FANS
3 ENERGY SAVER

send your reply details to samuelmark6@gmail.com thanks
Re: World's Smallest Power Inverter by FxDominion(m): 2:00am On Jul 06, 2016
Pls Feflo, on what condition will I need 24 volts system to power my appliances rather than 12 volts or is it a matter of choice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (108) (Reply)

pre order and order Elephone,xiaomi,meizu, Lenovo and all Chinese OEM here... / new 2TB & 4TB external hdd fully LOADED™ with exciting contents **DAILY UPDATE** / Learn How To Start Mini Importation in Nigeria with as low as N4,000. See Proofs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.