Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,847 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:08 PM

Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here (40016 Views)

Get That Flawless Look In 7days! / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Patience Jonathan's "Stunning" Look In Pink Kaftan [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hello my beautiful fashionistas,As a free lance personal stylist i will be creating this thread for people who need advice, on what to wear to work,weddings,engagement,parties any where really.

i will also be posting pictures of outfits that have been put together by me to give you ideas on how to co-ordinate yours.That being said ,it doesn't mean you have to run off all the time to the clothing store to pick exactly what you see here...lol . You can ask for advice on how to wear what you already have in your wardrobe and still look like a million bucks.

Please feel free to buzz me on twitter or email through my blog http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/ for any advice ,Remember you don't have to be a super model or own an Oscar Delarenta dress to look good in what you wear .You can be a size 2 or a size 22 and not limit your self to a particular way of dressing.

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
i am going to start off with the set i put together for the ladies and being a holiday weekend its usually the time most unmarried couples or friends go visit the parents and introduce your girlfriend to them.

This creation was made to represent a simple ,no-fuss kind of dressing,bearing in mind that you will perhaps be asked certain questions by his dad/mom,siblings or relatives that you may find too personal or uncomfortable to talk about ,so why make yourself more uncomfortable with a tight Rick James super freak dress...lol

Consider an outfit that is simple but still sophisticated, something that says, ''am easy to talk to but i also know when to wave my hand for you to talk to'' wink

TITLE OF THIS COLLECTION IS - MEET THE PARENTS

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
SORRY FOR THE BLURRY IMAGES ,i'm only allowed 200kb,

will see how i can get the rest of the pictures to come out right.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by patwhizkid(f): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2013
Following cool
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by JanetWinslet(f): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2013
i like the red bag

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
Following
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by topdiva(f): 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
following
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by demelza: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
Its Uzoo again. I really liked your pink blazer thread. Rocked one of the ensembles on there and got compliments all through the day to the extent that I wished the day was longer.
Following you wherever you go.

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by sashaa(f): 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
following.
I luv d second one
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 12:46am On Aug 11, 2013
@sashaa
thanks. me too

@top diva
@patwhizkid
@adaobi123
thanks

@JanetWinslet
yea..thanks ,its a toned down red,more like a Coral red.

@demelza
demelza: Its Uzoo again. I really liked your pink blazer thread. Rocked one of the ensembles on there and got compliments all through the day to the extent that I wished the day was longer.
Following you wherever you go.

yes its me again cheesy , Thanks... glad i could be of help.

'''got compliment.....wished the day was longer'''? ha ha ha ...... lol grin thats what happens when you play dress up. You simply look and feel good about your self.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 1:13am On Aug 11, 2013
So its 12;45 sunday morning ..(can't seem to catch some sleep )
decided to go on to my computer and create something for church.

The picture below is a total combination of outfits you can wear to church ,i some what see a religious gathering as a relaxed atmosphere with friends,neighbours,relatives alike,and most of the time it is expected that a modest yet clean and pleasant looking outfits is what one should be putting on.

For me i think its where you are allowed to wear any kind of print ,that is why you tend to see our African ladies rocking their Ankara fabrics and head gears in different colours and prints.

Well, as a single girl i would rather you rock your print in a less but pretty tone ,(remember ,less is more) and let the mummies and big aunties outfits do all the talking... smiley So below i have numbered the dresses to suit according to the size of the lady i think it will flatter more.

The shoes are a mix and match, the numbers around the shoes are the dresses you can wear it with.

Oh ,and for the bags,a Large Tote ,clutch,purse, anything will do. Doesn't really matter ... ,you're not gonna be walking around the church with it anyway.

The first outfit on the left ( with out numbers) is my best . Even though its got prints ,you still have a fresh young look...will fit perfectly on a size 10,size 12. and 14.

Numbers 6 , 9 , 10 , will flatter a size 12 ,size,14 ,size 18 ,and a size 20

Numbers 3,4,5, - rock this if you are a size 4, size 6, size 8 ,size 10 , size 12, and a size 14.

Numbers 1 , 2, 7,8 - looks great on a size 12 ,size 14, and size 16.

Title of this Collection - OFF TO CHURCH

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2013
Will be coming up with the next collection...in the mean time . Keep your questions coming. smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Tomorrow is friday!

For a relaxed look for work at the office, try a colourful top and a pair of pants,some cool girly make up, and a pair of wedges. smiley

THIS ONE'S CALLED - CASUAL FRIDAY

2 Likes

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Any one filling this collection? i like the top. Good for a stroll out on saturday

3 Likes

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
floral prints really look cool when they are played down.

out and about ? Use this combo to get your style going.

This collection is called FLOOR-ALL

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by babestell(f): 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
Uzoo abeg what about possible combinations for leggings. I finally bought a pair of black leggings and am not so sure about how/what to wear them...especially to work.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
babestell: Uzoo abeg what about possible combinations for leggings. I finally bought a pair of black leggings and am not so sure about how/what to wear them...especially to work.

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
@babestell

i know the picture above looks confusing so i'm going to break it all down for you starting with the one on the left so you can hava an idea of how to co-ordinate the legging with what you already have in your ward robe...
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
LEFT SIDE.

Here's the thing with leggings (ESPECIALLY BLACK) - it is the most versatile apparel to co-ordinate for either a casual,relaxed outfit or a semi formal ,work outfit like you asked ,THAT SAID, IN ORDER TO SHOW WHAT LOOK YOU ARE GOING FOR IT IS IMPORTANT TO SHOW THIS LOOK THROUGH EVERYTHING ELSE YOU ARE GOING TO PAIR WITH THE LEGGINGS..

Now if you have the sheer black leggings ( i mean the one that has a very light textured fabric like the fabric used in making wig caps or cycling shorts then i suggest you get a slightly long tank top or long blouse like a tunic (picture below)to go with the jackets/blazer in the picture, this is because you dont want everyone staring at your backside and telling you what colour of panties you wore to work or if you wore any at all through your panty lines. wink Other wise its fine to put them on if you are heading to the gym and not to work. Hope i have explained better .
If what you have is a pair of black jeggings ( the thicker fabric made from denim or what some refer to as ''jeans leggings'' which most times have patch pockets at the back and a zipper in front) then its ok to get a blouse that just sits on your lower waist line or near your hip.

Ok ,moving on . IF YOU HAVE TO WEAR ANY FORM OF PRINT TOP ( FLORAL ,STRIPES,MONOCHROME,CARTOON CHARACTERS ETC) THEN TONE EVERYTHING DOWN TO YOUR FEET WITH JUST COOL COLOURS LIKE A BLACK JACKET WITH THE PRINT TOP & YOUR BLACK LEGGINGS OR A PLAIN PINK JACKET AND ANY PLAIN COLOUR OF SHOES,RED,PINK,LIME GREEN OR LIME YELLOW, OR EVEN A PATENT BLACK POINTY PUMPS.

Or you pair the PRINT TOP with a plain white jacket ,plain cream or ivory colour jacket,plain black jacket,Plain burgundy jacket,Plain pink jacket. all these will go well with your black leggingings and print top.

when it comes to pairing a top with a jacket in a hot weather like ours make sure the fabric of the top is soft and light like cotton ,chiffon,light silk or light satin,sleeveless or short sleeves are fine. No turtle neck sweaters,No blouses or tops that have the collars or neck line up to your collar bone.

RIGHT SIDE

If you absolutely have to splash some bright colours above your black leggings then go for any PLAIN COLOUR (no prints) of tank tops or blouses you like,just make sure your jacket and shoes are not as bright as the blouse . So i suggest going with a black jacket with any bright blouse/top (Note - dont combine a black jacket with a black blouse and a black leggings unless you are attending a funeral,or you have a fair skin in this case make sure your pump shoes and bags are totally doing the talking with a bright flashy colour or bright print) try a white jacket on black blouse and vice versa instead) or white jacket with any bright coloured blouse and a pair of black leggings.
For the shoes ,you can wear a brown leopard print pumps or flats .Leggings dont look great with wedge shoes or peep toes for work . For casual wear , parties ,out and about ,yes they are ok but not for work.

Accessories.

here its actually up to you ,i'm not really a jewelry person ,ever since i was 19 i've been wearing just one style of ear rings - the hoops earings especially the large thin ones that can be mistaken for a bangle..lol,my wrist watch and i'm good to go. You can try it out ,but if you really want to stand out with this type of ear rings i will suggest you pull your hair up in a bun like in the picture.That way they can see you have just one piece of jewelry on.(Less is more wink)
For the bags , well you have to make it work ,( no slouchy bags,no cloth fabric beach bag ,you'll will look too casual) .
try a dark bold colour of bag ( black,brown,maroon,),a really large envelope style clutch you can carry under your arm for a formal lady-like look is fine, or a large leather Tote bag(any kind of leather doesnt have to be an expensive one) you can carry by hand or on your elbow ,like i said you have to make the bag work for the outfit with the way you decide to rock it.

Finally,
Make up - strictly up to you . i often do a colourful pout ( pink lip gloss or lip stick ) and black mascara for work.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 12:01am On Aug 22, 2013
If you are not feeling any of the Jacket ensemble for work like the ones i put up there then try the tunic i suggested before .

Here's a picture of how you can wear a pair of leggings with a light orange colour tunic and a belt with any of the shoes and bags in the picture below .

The other two pictures on the right are for any other look apart from work .Its a casual wear -denim jacket/vest and a pair of black leggings.

FROM WORK TO PLAY

Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 12:09am On Aug 22, 2013
@babestell

i really hope this helps. smiley
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by babestell(f): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2013
Uzoo thanks, its really helpful. Now to go through my wardrobe and see if I have anything that resembles the combos you highlighted. grin.
Re: Don't Know What To Wear ? Look In Here by uzoo: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
You're welcome.

here are some more options for Pairing a black leggings.If you are not a jacket person, below is a picture of shirts you can pair with legggings . ( it could be a boyfriend's long sleeve shirt or an oversized shirt for women) Just make sure its really long and way past your back side if you are wearing this to work. When wearing a long sleeve shirt or tunic shirt with leggings you need to put on a belt around it to give you a defined silhouette And you can wear this combo with any flat shoes or pump heels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Student Wears Wrapper To School; Wins 20K Bet / 7 Annoying Things Ladies Do When They Are Dressed To Kill / Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.