Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,742 members, 7,885,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

Abstinence, Does It Exist? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abstinence, Does It Exist? (2178 Views)

What Happens when you Get Married After Several Years Of Abstinence **pics** / Total Abstinence... Major Risk Or Not? / Do You Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by kadijen: 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2008
ibkaye:

nawa o, sex sex sex is it a must? shioor

its a must,whether u like it or not cool
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by revlanre(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2008
Here is the problem of the flesh

ROMANS 7VS
21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another power[e] within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

Here is the solution

Romans 12 vs2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

and u will be Alright
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by sistawoman: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2008
tollu:

Any such thing as perfect sex?
Haven't had sex in close to a year smiley , so, YES, abstinence exists. tongue

What we shared that night was perfect.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by kadijen: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2008
there is never a perfect sex,dats d simple fact
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by tollu: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2008
ibkaye:

nawa o, sex sex sex is it a must? shioor

It's not a must jare.

smooooooth:

shocked shocked, God you are a virgin again grin

Believe that!

sistawoman:

What we shared that night was perfect.

Well, I'll take your word for it. That's taking into consideration the fact that it was your wedding night (euphoria and all) and assuming you didnt get married in Nigeria where you wouldn't have gotten into bed till way past midnight and must be up early the next morning.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by kadijen: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2008
tollu:

It's not a must jare.

even wen u r married?
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by tollu: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2008
especially when you are married
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by kadijen: 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2008
tollu:

especially when you are married

yeah ,no wonder we have so many unfaithful men,i dont blame them,cos their wives aint ready to satisfy them @ home
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Jamesbona: 9:40am On Aug 06, 2009
topup:

Yeah I was beginning to get the feeling that Nigerians male and female had now accepted this western idea that casual sex before marriage is the way. I speak to my friends and they will always ask, 'did you have sex with him' 'oooh' 'maybe he left you because he loved you (HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry I just had to laugh) But was too tempted or sexually frustrated, but didn't want to cheat on you',  Fair enough that a guy doesn't want to cheat so he'd rather end the relationship, but now I am being made to feel as if I am the fault of the relationship when from the start I had explained that I was very committed to my faith and that I was trying to get closer to God, that also I wanted to experience something that wasn't just merely physical,

Oh well, I must have been asking too much. Women, I advise we all sleep with 'our men' or fear losing them to girls who will! ***SARCASM***

Yes, I am also abstaining but my is it hard, especially when these days, you are made to feel as if your relationship does not mean anything if you and your boyfriend have not had sex and committed the 'final act of love' with each other.

Exactly,
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2009
@topic, it exists.  Learnt the hard way, you first, alwayz.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by xqwysyte(f): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2009
It does exist.

I am a living proof. grin
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by agathamari(f): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2009
from what i have been told here if a guy doesnt bring home a girl his neighbors and frineds will "look at him somehow" whatever the hell that means
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by agathamari(f): 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2009
topup:

Yeah I was beginning to get the feeling that Nigerians male and female had now accepted this western idea that casual sex before marriage is the way. I speak to my friends and they will always ask, 'did you have sex with him' 'oooh' 'maybe he left you because he loved you (HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry I just had to laugh) But was too tempted or sexually frustrated, but didn't want to cheat on you', Fair enough that a guy doesn't want to cheat so he'd rather end the relationship, but now I am being made to feel as if I am the fault of the relationship when from the start I had explained that I was very committed to my faith and that I was trying to get closer to God, that also I wanted to experience something that wasn't just merely physical,

Oh well, I must have been asking too much. Women, I advise we all sleep with 'our men' or fear losing them to girls who will! ***SARCASM***

Yes, I am also abstaining but my is it hard, especially when these days, you are made to feel as if your relationship does not mean anything if you and your boyfriend have not had sex and committed the 'final act of love' with each other.

i love peoples interpritations of western ideas. in western culture you are judged by how many partners you have had. over 10 for women or 15 for men is considered disgusting and that person is no longer considered relationship material. preferably more then 2 less then 7 by western ideas
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Kunbee: 2:48am On Aug 07, 2009
Living proof cool
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by topup: 5:24am On Aug 07, 2009
It definitely exists, it completely depends on your friendship circle, a bunch of really focused Christian friends will be used to the idea, whilst if you're chatting to a couple of guys and girls in a bar, even if they ever considered or thought about it, most probably than not they would not feel comfortable to say so.

It's become an anti-current/cultural movement, but it exists.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by oyinda3(f): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2009
sex is so overrated imo
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Kunbee: 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
^^^ dat is so freaking true wink
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Chomy4: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2009
Yes,it does exit and will continue to exit.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Henrygirl(f): 3:34am On Aug 17, 2009
I just responded to another post like this one. Yes, abstinence exists and I am another example. It's been 10 years since I had sex and I was married then. I am engaged now and he is waiting for me. It is all by God's grace and power alone because once you've had a taste of love, it's difficult not to want it again.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Fredique(m): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
Absolutely. . .abstinence exists! as difficult as it may be. . .
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by chidyke77(m): 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2009
Abstinence do exist bt i believe that girls or guys dat are into it do supplement wt masturbation. Bt to tel me dat total abstinence including masturbation exist is a lie. Unles u hav problem sexually.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Magz(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2009
Actually, I practice abstinence. I have not had sex since last August.

In fact, two more days will make a year for me since I have given a girl the pleasure of enjoying me in bed.

Sometimes, it can be challenging to resist temptation because I am such an attractive guy, and because I live a lifestyle that constantly brings me into contact with so many beautiful women. But, I am so disciplined that I am able to abstain from sexual behaviors.

I have learned that this self-control actually makes a man more attractive to some women, so the more I commit myself to being abstinent, the more women respect me and are curious about me in a sexual way. Needless to say, it is a wonderful perpetuating cycle.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Godmother(f): 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2009
Magz:

Actually, I practice abstinence. I have not had sex since last August.

In fact, two more days will make a year for me since I have given a girl the pleasure of enjoying me in bed.

Sometimes, it can be challenging to resist temptation because I am such an attractive guy, and because I live a lifestyle that constantly brings me into contact with so many beautiful women. But, I am so disciplined that I am able to abstain from sexual behaviors.

I have learned that this self-control actually makes a man more attractive to some women, so the more I commit myself to being abstinent, the more women respect me and are curious about me in a sexual way. Needless to say, it is a wonderful perpetuating cycle.

I dont know about you, but I tend to respect a guy more who is not all about a sex in a relationship. Even if such a relationship breaks up latter, I find myself wanting to keep on being friends with the guy. The respects is just profound and unexplanable.
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Donvilo(m): 3:40am On Aug 22, 2009
@Topic. Sure! Abstinence can only exist if u want it to.
@Magz. Nice! grin
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by ebila(m): 4:08am On Aug 22, 2009
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Sissy3(f): 4:39am On Aug 22, 2009
it does exist, just of a matter of self control and being in control of your thoughts and actions
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by 190: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2009
well in abuja
there is no known relationship
that do not have sex
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by Godmother(f): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2009
190:

well in abuja
that do not have sex

Na wa o. But you cant be that sure. There may still be one or two persons who still practise it
Re: Abstinence, Does It Exist? by drI: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2009
well in abuja
that do not have sex

thats not true.i stayed in abj for about one year and i am still very much one.
@poster,
its very possible.i am 27 and still one. my bf is 33yrs and still one.
its just a mind set and sincerely God makes all the difference.We have the fear of God and wouldnt want to jeopardise the relationship with God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will U Continue To Love Her? / Why Are Most Reputable & Successful Nigerian Men Married To Ugly Women? / Ladies, Would You Marry A Reformed Womanizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.