Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:55 AM

FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure (40387 Views)

Nigerian Educational Structure / Nigeria Adopts - 1 6 3 3 4 Education System / 6-9-3 Universal Basic Education (UBE) Scheme To Replace 6-3-3-4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by ceejay80s(m): 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
I no get extra 1yr school fee to pay, make my pickin go learn trade
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by olajide8(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
solomon111: From the various comments on this thread,i have not seen a single logical argument against the new system.
Everybody wants to complain because Nigerians must complain and condemn.
Read it very well, you would understand that whether its whatever formation, they are targeting the wrong place, they can't even control what the states do, so why introduce a place which is targeted at the states its bound to fail- babs fafunwa really thought out the 6-3-3-4 system, while the 2 was left to parents, the *4* has been the issue, what does it churn out in the long run, job seekers or job makers- then selectivity and a discard for merit on the alter of certifications, that's why they are just doing all this nonsense, you want a solution to the problems read between the lines above-

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by ceejay80s(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
My cousin no go school but he get money pass me.
Whats the essence?
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by iseyinoro(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
The systems(6-5-4,6-3-3-4,1-6-3-3-4) are not the problem for the poor performance of students but the following
1.Funding
2.Defective curriculum
3.Teachers who see teaching as a stepping stone.
4.non stop STRIKES by teachers
There are more but I believe if these are addressed, we are gonna have quality education.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by wordcat(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote
author=Demdem]The killer party is confused. 6-3-3-4 to me is
perfect. Nothing is wrong with it except the implementation.
[/quote]:

Who doesn't knw dat, except our over qulified rulers?
They should kwn dat No educational system will above the quality of its teachers.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by HOPE8888(m): 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Obiagu1: What's the difference between 6-3-3-4 system and 9-3-4 system?
This is the first time I'm hearing about this 9-3-4 system.

I tire too ooooo. Maybe it's like football formation stuff;

9-3-4: A defensive formation with 9 defenders and no proper link btw defenders and attackers e.g Chelsea;

6-3-3-4: A standard attacking formation with proper link btw defenders and attackers e.g Barcelona/Bayern.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by delors(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
S@NNiE:

The 6-3-3-4 indicated six years in the primary school, three years each in junior and senior secondary schools respectively; and four years in the higher institution.
I bet they forgot their maths. It should be
6-3-3-4(x) where x is an indefinite significant coefficient in Nigerian tertiary education...
(x = > 3years of ASUU strike etc)

2 Likes

Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by iseyinoro(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
olajide_07:
Read it very well, you would understand that whether its whatever formation, they are targeting the wrong place, they can't even control what the states do, so why introduce a place which is targeted at the states its bound to fail- babs fafunwa really thought out the 6-3-3-4 system, while the 2 was left to parents, the *4* has been the issue, what does it churn out in the long run, job seekers or job makers- then selectivity and a discard for merit on the alter of certifications, that's why they are just doing all this nonsense, you want a solution to the problems read between the lines above-
The *4* is not the problem. When the foundation (6-3-3) is bad,what do you expect from the last phase. We abandoned vocational education and other kinds of education yet we expect the graduate to perform magic. Not until we address the problems affecting education wholeheartedly, we will keep having this kinds of outcome!!!
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by chucky234(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nothing positive will ever come from a Ph.D holder whose sense of reasoning is like that of a 1926 level three cert. holder, why dramatise something thats already in practice because the nursery school presently serves that purpose and its been a huge success in preparing children for the primary education as far as am concerned.
They should think of how to build standard classrooms,provide free textbooks to schools,improve teachers' salaries,send teachers to training twice a year to broaden their teaching skills and make staff vehicles available to schools to motivate the teachers.
New educational policy is not the solution to the rapid decline in the standard of education in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nauttyprof(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Abegiii make dem leave matter for Mathaias, it's not today that changes had been made to our system of Education, we all know the truth that this new syatem will just be on paper and will be said officially but in implementation its something else. In this country, we hear of young minds finishing primary education as early as 8 or 9 years and by 15 - 16 years they are through with secondary education while you even find some already in the Higher institution, only for our Government to tell us at age 5 you are in pre-school and then use another 6 years, such would have been an old papa before getting into secondary school. We all know implementation is something else with our surest private school giving us KG, Nursery 1-3 (some 2), then to Pry. 1. By Primary 5, you are out of Primary school despite finishing at a young age and getting the best of education. Paper it is and will remain on paper. Implementation is far from it.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by RINE1: 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Demdem: The killer party is confused. 6-3-3-4 to me is perfect. Nothing is wrong with it except the implementation.
for how long will i weep for dis country? .#spits and leaves thread#.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by slap1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
Motion without movement.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by HOPE8888(m): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
6-3-3-4 (Without NYSC and Strike)

6-3-3-4-1 (With NYSC and Without Strike)

6-3-3-4-x-1 (With NYSC and Strike in which 2<x >4)

Let them solve the issue of strike first and other things (like technical development) before adding another 1 to the unproductive formation of 6-3-3-4 palava.
Make dem kuku try 4-2-3-1 formation and appoint Mourinho as the Education Manager.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by PrettySpicey(f): 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
They want to give the Nigerian child 'qualitative and pragmatic education' and they think that changing the educational system on their whims is the way to go? While developing educational infrastructure and resources is considered a no no.
SMH
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Phonon: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
When one listens to the individual who is supposed to be our Minister of Education speak,does that sound like one whose mind will bring forth productive policies?I write this with all due respect.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by BabyLi: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
Absolute Rubbish
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
naijaobi: all this educational sysytems sef.. Weda na 5-4-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 6-3-3 etc, the thing be say we go still finish primary school, secondary school and university...abi no be so?

hahahahahaahahaha, my dear no be small tn o.
I have been reading the comments to see whether the topic impliies that primary/sec school will be scrapped or done twice but all to no avail.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by campnou: 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
naijaobi: all this educational sysytems sef.. Weda na 5-4-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 6-3-3 etc, the thing be say we go still finish primary school, secondary school and university...abi no be so?

I think say that 5-4-1 defensive formation na hin good pass 4-4-2 na old style...
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by ultraGM: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
First of all we need to appreciate the effort of teacher and parent on children. The old system 9.3.4 as far as am concern is still the best as it will encourage furthering of education. But if there is concern for younger age of 5, i will prefer it to be 1.9.3.4 instead of reverting the system back to what we are try to prevent; STOPPED EDUCATION after 6
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Praiza: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
Confused fellows....mtchew lipsrsealed
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by joshuaidibia(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
Useles ppl. Y nt 1-6-3-3-5? Bkos ds strikes are rili affecting our calender. Or beta stl,use 4-4-2
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by vocalprince(m): 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Abeg madam bokogguayat Ruharam, if You are confused nd Dnt knw wat to do in dat Ur office, kindly play 4-3-3(diamond formation). We fit score international community with that formation. Misplaced priority!!!
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
Well, I would have preferred

6 years of Primary education.....

5 years of secondary education, whereby we scrap JSS and SS system that we currently have

2 years of Apprenticeship and A'levels. ( This will enable some people to pursue an alternative career if they think Uni isn't for them). We will also encourage companies to recruit young apprentice for further training in their companies, so it will give young Nigerians a good start-up experience on the field)

3 Years at University....

All students after secondary school will have to study their A'levels and combine it with any form of apprenticeship. The apprenticeship courses could range from auto mechanics, carpentry, engine repairs, computing, etc...

You will then be guaranteed a place at university if you do well in your A'level courses and ur apprenticeship course...

If we are to build Nigeria, we will need people who are both 'book clever' and 'hand clever'.....

Currently, all our university graduates have no option B if option A ( which is looking for a job) isn't forthcoming.

If our graduates have hand skills, they can team up with each other and start up their businesses, and having a knowledge of some apprentice skills will enhance that.

I'm currently thinking of starting a food processing plant, because I see a gap in our diary market. If I import the 1000s of dollar equipment, do we have enough skilled people that can do the repairs when they breakdown? Don't tell me I would have to bring people from overseas to come repair it for me!!!!
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
I can bet with my bank accounts that 90% of people commenting here(cursing the govt) did not read the detail of this topic nor critically examined the ups and downs of this current policy before writing rubbish here.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Vladm(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
Me i 4 lyk make dem make am 1-6-3-3-3
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by BabaOyee: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
Basically there is no policy that is good or bad in itself but implimentation. This new system suggest that the dropped 6-3-3-4 system would have been the best considering the technical aspect of it that would have drastically reduced unemployment hence the little modification attached to it. However,it may be doomed to fail as other policies in the past if there is no proper implementation. Part of it is to ensure those who through technical education manage to pass thru the polythenic be given a place in the society like the University graduates counterpart else people wl stil ignore technical education for fear of societal recognition.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by frodobee: 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
I see nairaland posts being refrenced alot more these days.
NB: reason people shld make meaningful comments.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
Cajetan speaks: I can bet with my bank accounts that 90% of people commenting here(cursing the govt) did not read the detail of this topic nor critically examined the ups and downs of this current policy before writing rubbish here.

e be like say u no get money for your bank accts.

But seriously, can sb explain these tnz to me?
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
obo_man: Well, I would have preferred

6 years of Primary education.....

5 years of secondary education, whereby we scrap JSS and SS system that we currently have

2 years of Apprenticeship and A'levels. ( This will enable some people to pursue an alternative career if they think Uni isn't for them). We will also encourage companies to recruit young apprentice for further training in their companies, so it will give young Nigerians a good start-up experience on the field)

3 Years at University....

All students after secondary school will have to study their A'levels and combine it with any form of apprenticeship. The apprenticeship courses could range from auto mechanics, carpentry, engine repairs, computing, etc...

You will then be guaranteed a place at university if you do well in your A'level courses and ur apprenticeship course...

If we are to build Nigeria, we will need people who are both 'book clever' and 'hand clever'.....

Currently, all our university graduates have no option B if option A ( which is looking for a job) isn't forthcoming.

If our graduates have hand skills, they can team up with each other and start up their businesses, and having a knowledge of some apprentice skills will enhance that.

I'm currently thinking of starting a food processing plant, because I see a gap in our diary market. If I import the 1000s of dollar equipment, do we have enough skilled people that can do the repairs when they breakdown? Don't tell me I would have to bring people from overseas to come repair it for me!!!!

Abeg ooo, noooooooo.
Ppl can acquire such skills during holidays eg i acquired computer skills after junior waec long vac.
Acquired knitting n crotchetting after JS2, baking and making exotic dishes after ss1.

There shouldnt be time to waste bfr one enters d uni except Jamb stl dey jam u.
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Abeg ooo, noooooooo.
Ppl can acquire such skills during holidays eg i acquired computer skills after junior waec long vac.
Acquired knitting n crotchetting after JS2, baking and making exotic dishes after ss1.

There shouldnt be time to waste bfr one enters d uni except Jamb stl dey jam u.

We will scrap Jamb...

U will get to uni based on ur WAEC and A'level points...

So by 21, u will be a graduate, if you choose to go UNi
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Phikom(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Present government administration unstable as water...what a nation..
Re: FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
ngozievergreen:

e be like say u no get money for your bank accts.

But seriously, can sb explain these tnz to me?
Who is this kid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

YABATECH Final Year Studen Dies After Falling Off Car During Signout Celebration / What's The Craziest Thing You Did While In Secondary School? / OOU Final Year Student Drowns In Hotel On Easter Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.