Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,425 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Pope May Attend Italy- Argentina Friendly Football Match - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope May Attend Italy- Argentina Friendly Football Match (457 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Is TB Joshua's Argentina Prophecy Coming To Pass? / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pope May Attend Italy- Argentina Friendly Football Match by mumumugu(m): 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
Prandelli to invite Pope to Italy-Argentina

The Nerazzurri boss is excited about the meeting ofthe two Catholic nations and talked up Mario Balotelli meeting the head of the Christian doctrine
By Joe Wright

Aug 8, 2013 11:59:00 PM

Cesare Prandelli - Italy Italycoach Cesare Prandellihas revealed he plans to invite Pope Francis to attend his side's friendly clash with Argentinain Rome.

TheNerazzurriboss believes it would be a deeply special occasion for the Pope to watch"his countries" in action, although he fears nerves could get the better of him when it comes to speaking to the pontiff.

"I'd like to tell him, 'tomorrow, if you've nothing better to do, come to the stadium with us'. But I'm afraid I'll lose my voice because of the emotion," he toldLa Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It was just a sudden flash, after watching Pope Francis and his first appearances in public," he explained of his idea to invite the 76-year-old. "He generated a tremendous sense of fondness and approval.

"The thought of ‘his countries’, Italy and Argentina, immediately entered my head. Two squads leaving together, from the same hotel, to have an audience full of joy and happiness with the Pope. The two footballing federations worked together to get it done. And, on Tuesday, it will take place."

Prandelli also revealed that Mario Balotelli is"really moved" by the prospect of the event, describing the delight it gave the AC Milan starto visit fans in Bahia after speaking with a local missionary during the Confederations Cup.
"Yes, when he asked me whether he could visit the favela following a visit by a missionary from there, you could see the joy in his eyes when I said he could go, even if wewere under heavy guard in our hotel. Balotelli is big-hearted enough and sensitive enough to be really moved by the meeting with the Pope," Prandelli added.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4174781
Re: Pope May Attend Italy- Argentina Friendly Football Match by italo: 2:22am On Aug 10, 2013
Cesare Prandelli happens to be one Catholic I admire so much in the football world. The way he proclaims his faith publicly is very encouraging. Last year at the Euro2012, Italy was not favoured by pundits to perform well. But on the eve of the tournament, he took the whole team on pilgrimage to a monastery, promising to return if italy made it to the quarter finals. They did and he kept his promise. But they were even more blessed...they got to the final. Even though they lost, he still went to the monastery a third time to thank God.

(1) (Reply)

I Need God's Prophecy About The Way Forward!!! / Hazardous!!! The Danger Of Fear / God Is Good All The Time..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.