Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,793 members, 7,945,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree (40744 Views)

Careers In Public Health / Possibilities With MPH / I Graduated With 2.2,can I Have My Masters In Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2012
i studied Biochemistry and have 2yrs experience in the foods line. I plan to start me Masters in the UK later in the year, with the hope of remaining there afterward. If i opt for MPH, what are my chances of securing a plum job with it and how much will you consider a fair pay for me? Responses please!!!

jay bee:

do you have work permit in the uk?
if u do, we've got vacancies for analyst at an org that regulates the NHS and independent healthcare service providers.
Pay is abt 25k for grads like urself.

25k per month or per year or what?
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by jaybee3(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2012
It's now 29k per annum
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by mission08: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
House, pls help out with your advice!

I'm caught between doing an MPH or MSc in Development mgt. My focus is to work in development organisations. Personally, I'm inclined to go for Devt mgt as I dont want to limit my scope to health component alone, devt mgt will give me a broader view. I dont have a medical background but I presently work in d admin unit of a development org into health issues and in the nearest future I'll be delving into programmatic activities.

Which of the 2 courses might offer the best career opportunity in Nigeria.
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by greygoblings(m): 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
No job for BSc. Public Health in this country o! Except you have experience of about 10. Where will one get that?
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by pato405(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2012
jay bee: do you have work permit in the uk?
if u do, we've got vacancies for analyst at an org that regulates the NHS and independent healthcare service providers.
Pay is abt 25k for grads like urself.

I have my MPH (UK) and currently rounding up a PhD programme in public health (UK). I am interested in knowing what offers you may have. pls kindly post useful links. I have been searching for the online web page of residency programmes in PH. I stumbled into it sometime ago, strangely, I can no longer link up to the website. can anyone assist with this pls.

thanks in anticipation.
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
Obinoscopy: Is there any school in Nigeria that offer a Bachelors degree in Public Health?
Babcock University
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by sydney01(m): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hi house, im looking to pursuing an MPH in the US, and from what iv been hearing as to grade requirements I assume I might be doing a DPH before I can move on to MPH. Please I need a list of schools that offer the programmes in the US specifically, and maybe a few in Canada but im more interested in the US as I have family there. Thanks a bunch in advance.
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by PalmTree(m): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is widely used across
several fields ranging from Telecomms to Oil and Gas
Industry. Which is why Greenland Consult Ltd (Geo-spatial
and Remote Sensing experts) have decided to bring this
technology closer to our future leaders. Acquire GIS skills
today and provide your self with an advantage over other job
seekers!
If you are currently studying
Geography, Urban and regional planning, Civil engineering,
Information technology, Estate management, Surveying,
Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we
have customized training classes for all the above listed
disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and
Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to
greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
Phone: 08061185492
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment and
Environmental Modelling. Thanks.
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by honsaint(m): 10:01am On Jun 01, 2015
Obinoscopy:
Is there any school in Nigeria that offer a Bachelors degree in Public Health?
am not sure
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Aspiring to do my masters in mph in canada. Which school is best for this programme over there and cost-efficient. Anticipating for your reply. Thanks plenty.
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by DDCONSULT: 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
call me 0812 118 1804
so many schools. my friend just got admitted into one
spacofadan:
Aspiring to do my masters in mph in canada. Which school is best for this programme over there and cost-efficient. I read health education in uniport here in nigeria. Anticipating for your reply. Thanks plenty.
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Gaxx01(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2016
toshmann:
i left the UK after my studies to pursue a further career in clinical medicine in the US. if nigeria was a place where young talented intellectuals had a chance without knowing someone in high places, i would have loved to come home. i tried to get a job in naija but it didnt work.

i just finished my licence exams in the US and will soon start my residency. i'm not happy b/c i know the best place for me to work would have been my own country. i will still end up in nigeria someday

Hello, pls am in a tight Conner right nw, as to weather to go for MSc in public health or go fr medicine. From your experience, what will you advice me to do?
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Gaxx01(m): 6:24am On May 10, 2016
pato405:

I have my MPH (UK) and currently rounding up a PhD programme in public health (UK). I am interested in knowing what offers you may have. pls kindly post useful links. I have been searching for the online web page of residency programmes in PH. I stumbled into it sometime ago, strangely, I can no longer link up to the website. can anyone assist with this pls.

thanks in anticipation.

Hello, pls am in a tight Conner right nw, as to weather to go for MSc in public health or go fr medicine. From your experience, what will you advice me to do? Considering employment
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by pato405(m): 8:34pm On May 10, 2016
Gaxx01:

Hello, pls am in a tight Conner right nw, as to weather to go for MSc in public health or go fr medicine. From your experience, what will you advice me to do? Considering employment

can we discuss offline?

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Gaxx01(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2016
pato405:

can we discuss offline?

Ok sir, I just send a pm
Waiting for reply
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Gaxx01(m): 10:16am On May 11, 2016
jaybee3:
It's now 29k per annum

Sir, please is it easily possible for one to stay back n work in d UK after masters? Compared to other countries like canada
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by jaybee3(m): 10:31am On May 11, 2016
Gaxx01:

Sir, please is it easily possible for one to stay back n work in d UK after masters? Compared to other countries like canada

Unlikely but not impossible

I wouldn’t take such risk with an MSc in Public Health since you are almost certainly not going to earn more than 21K or thereabout as a fresh graduate. I think the earning threshold for work permit applicants have been raised so too much of a risk

You are better off with Canada

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Gaxx01(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2016
pato405:

can we discuss offline?

Sent you a message
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by PaulUdo: 4:29pm On May 05, 2018
F
or those interested in unilag public health (MPH & MSc ) for 2018, kindly send me a mail on myspaul@yahoo.com for more infor regarding lecturers and useful
tips. thanks
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by PaulUdo: 4:29pm On May 05, 2018
For those interested in unilag public health (MPH & MSc ) for 2018, kindly send me a mail on myspaul@yahoo.com for more infor regarding lecturers and useful
tips. thanks
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Rutyebi: 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
please house.. I have Bsc in Anatomy.. can I go for masters in epidemiology of community diseases? I went through UNN postgraduate advert I think d program is for medical doctors only but not too sure... I need clarification please... is very urgent....
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Postgraduatengr: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
I wrote extensively on MPH as a master degree course of study. See full details on the blog.

A MPH is a multi disciplinary postgraduate programme for health professionals seeking to deepen their knowledge in applying and delivering health to the public.

http://postgraduatenigeria.com/2019/08/masters-in-public-health/
Re: What Can I Do With Masters In Public Health (mph) Degree by Postgraduatengr: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Rutyebi:
please house.. I have Bsc in Anatomy.. can I go for masters in epidemiology of community diseases? I went through UNN postgraduate advert I think d program is for medical doctors only but not too sure... I need clarification please... is very urgent....

Yes, but more certainly with medical field experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / Seven TOP Lying Professions. / FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.