Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,397 members, 7,978,262 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:50 AM

Advice Needed From Fellow Webmasters. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Advice Needed From Fellow Webmasters. (505 Views)

Help Needed From Fellow Webmaster / Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? / My Fellow Webmasters, Help Please !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Advice Needed From Fellow Webmasters. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
At a time i was running low on clients, i had an individual who was interested in building a Forum.
Usually, i have a bench mark on how much i charge for my web design and usually, i don't even start a project believing it's a one time thing. That to me makes a difference between a web designer and a Web developer.

So i did what he requested and by the time i was half done, he decided to move the site to another host. Which i objected until he completes my payment.

Now he's accusing me of being a scam, which is not surprising because such a slanderous word has become a common term while trying to resolve a business dispute over the internet both on and off Nairaland.

Now tell me,
Do i refund the paltry sum he paid just to avoid cheap blackmail?
Do i insist that he completes my payment then transfer his half done website to another host as he requested?

Please note that the said client has acted in a completely immature manner hence made me to lose interest in his project.

I also like to point out that i have worked on a similar project that was hugely successful but i decided to put a hold on it due to logistical reasons.

In conclusion, i am usually busy working on personal projects so often times, i don't pursue outside jobs except it's absolutely necessary for me.

Please keep your suggestions clean and mature.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Advice Needed From Fellow Webmasters. by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ok. I dont know why this client just decided to terminate the project with you and move to another host. My advice is that since he paid some amount, you can just release the website to him and keep the initial payment as the payment for the half you have done already. I think he's not insisting that you also give him the advance he paid.

Again, you can still complete the project and allow him to choose any host he wants and help him move to that host.

Again, you said he paid paltry sum. Wow. Before I touch my notepad, a client must pay me 75% of the total charge. When the work is done, and he's satisfied, then he will pay the 25% balance.
Re: Advice Needed From Fellow Webmasters. by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Ok. I dont know why this client just decided to terminate the project with you and move to another host. My advice is that since he paid some amount, you can just release the website to him and keep the initial payment as the payment for the half you have done already. I think he's not insisting that you also give him the advance he paid.

Again, you can still complete the project and allow him to choose any host he wants and help him move to that host.

Again, you said he paid paltry sum. Wow. Before I touch my notepad, a client must pay me 75% of the total charge. When the work is done, and he's satisfied, then he will pay the 25% balance.
Thanks for the wise counsel.
Re: Advice Needed From Fellow Webmasters. by flexpro(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
@Brand New,

Allow him to move his website to another host, just hold the advance payment he has made on the project.

Before commencing on any project always put pen to paper or generate an invoice for the client with clear terms written on it in case of any dispute that may arise.

80% of Nigeria one man business do take some web developer/Designer as hungry and cheap people to mess around with.

(1)

12V Rechargeable Backup Power / Social Media Templates / Hot!!!! Nigeria Mobile Database Numbers For Sale Just 1k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.