Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,396 members, 7,978,261 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:41 AM

Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud (8690 Views)

Two Arrested For $50,000 Internet Fraud (photo) / Man Jailed 5 Years For Setting Pregnant Woman Ablaze; Photo / Blessing Effiong Has Been In Detention For 4 Years Over Phone Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by doncaster(m): 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2008
dee02:

As i am typing right now,another fraud letter has arrived in my inbox live and direct from a dinghy cyber cafe in Lagos or Onitsha!! grin
Better ansa the letter and give those guys some eliza head.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2008
Does anyone think if the tables were turned and westerners were the ones duping us, it would not be said that we are allowing ourselves to be defrauded cos we're stupid?
If the perpetrators were the westerners and Africans were falling victims, will the Africans not be prosecuted for trying to make money fraudulently as well?
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by dee02(m): 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2008
doncaster:

Better ansa the letter and give those guys some eliza head.

10KOBO no go drop for them
If them cut me i no dey bleed, no shaking yahoo boys!
I dey kampe grin
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by doncaster(m): 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2008
Blatant:

Does anyone think if the tables were turned and westerners were the ones duping us, it would not be said that we are allowing ourselves to be defrauded because we're stupid?
If the perpetrators were the westerners and Africans were falling victims, will the Africans not be prosecuted for trying to make money fraudulently as well?
exactly
dee02:

10KOBO no go drop for them
If them cut me i no dey bleed, no shaking yahoo boys!
I dey kampe grin
No be uk u dey? am not suprise only tax go don dry all the blood wey dey ur body grin grin
Hope say u don pay Tv lincence for this month.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Carlosein(m): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2008
~Xerxes~:

As a first offender and it was an ATTEMPT(he never got to spend the dough), he would get 6 months in the UK!!!!

My problem is the victims were also fraudulent so why go to the Police after being duped?
Nigerian authorities need to be looking at the other side of the coin as well. . . . . . .
I don't think EFCC/Met. Police would lock a Briton that defrauded a Nigerian, would they?
While i condemn Mr. Nwokeafor for his evil deeds, a law should be set for some victims who are also looking to make money they never worked for.

hey guys except am getting this all wrong, i think in this case the victims were not looking to make any quick bucks.
they were asked to pay for transferring money internationally. kindly read the original post again if u please.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2008
doncaster:

exactlyNo be uk u dey? am not suprise only tax go don dry all the blood wey dey your body grin grin

na today me sef just pay TV licence. The thing vex me £139.50 for BBC just to watch the news   angry
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by dee02(m): 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2008
doncaster:

No be uk u dey? am not suprise only tax go don dry all the blood wey dey your body grin grin

Blood no dey for 419 guy to suck but blood dey kampe to floss, so notin do me!
Guy bone TV license and Tax, nothing dey shelle, i dey kampe! grin
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2008
Carlosein:

hey guys except am getting this all wrong, i think in this case the victims were not looking to make any quick bucks.
they were asked to pay for transferring money internationally. kindly read the original post again if u please.

What funds were being transferred?
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by sheniqua: 5:19pm On Jun 03, 2008
and how many years did Iyabo,OBJ,alameiseigha,Atiku,Dariye,IBB,madam Etteh,Orji Uzor and a host of others get ?
These are the people that put us where we are today and probably helped in turning the guy into a fraudster
the justice system in Nigeria is a big joke
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Carlosein(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2008
Blatant:

What funds were being transferred?

you tell me.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by goodlove11: 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2008
Hello my dear
How is life over there?I hope fine. my name is Miss Cindy?I am a very nice young girl thats looking for my everything. I am very honest so pls be honest with me. I'm a quiet girl that wants a close relationship, I want to have you as my seriouse love. Only respond to me through my private email adress (cindy2008_gobah@yahoo.com) if you are serious.i am looking for true love because true love doesn't end true love doesn't have a happy ending there is only one thing that lasts longer than time, and that is true love.please send email to my email box so that i can send you my picture so will can know each orther very well thanks. (cindy2008_gobah@yahoo.com)
Yours in love Cindy
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by easternguy: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2008
These judges are spineless, weird and derailed from penitent issues that needs tackling in this country.

Yahoo boys are not our problem in Nigeria, bad government remains our problem. If the dude was well educated and well employed he wouldn't have had time to browse enough let alone time for sending fraudulent emails.

How many years did Alamieseya spend in jail?  What of OBJ and his cohorts, have they been jailed? And a hungry, hussling guy that only attempted something was jailed 6 years. Nigeria nawaaooh, always pursuing rat (oke belgium) while the house is seriously on fire.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by dee02(m): 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2008
sheniqua:

and how many years did Iyabo,OBJ,alameiseigha,Atiku,Dariye,IBB,madam Etteh,Orji Uzor and a host of others get ?
These are the people that put us where we are today and probably helped in turning the guy into a fraudster
the justice system in Nigeria is a big joke

Yes, justice is absolutely a whole load of balderdash!

All those scumbags u mentioned above should have been bombed into extinction or riddled with several bullets from an AK47 sub!
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2008
I got this one 2 days ago:

From: AXA Isle of Manchester United.K. [mailto:axa-iomoffice@mail.com]
Sent: 30 May 2008 15:08
Subject: INHERITANCE NOTICE

ATTN,

We are a leading provider of offshore investments. We operate from the secure tax efficient environment of the Isle of Man, where we manage more than £4.6 billion for over 23,800 clients (as at 31 December 2006).

We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to the total sum of £6,000,000.00 GBP (Six Million British Pounds) in the codicil and last testament of the deceased. (Name now withheld due to protocol).
We contacted you because you bear the surname identity and therefore can present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance.

We therefore reckon that you could receive these funds as you are qualified by your name identity. All the legal papers will be processed upon your acceptance.

Upon your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance, your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary legal documents in your name at our high court probate division for the release of the fund in question.

Please contact the officer in-charge of this profile for further correspondence and assistance.

Officer in-charge : Thomas Craig
Direct Line: +447031996877 (calls on this line are not recorded)

If you would like to contact us by telephone then please call +44 (0) 1620 826 365. As part of our commitment to quality service, telephone calls may be recorded.

Kind regards,

AXA Isle of Man Limited,
Royalty House, Walpole Avenue,
Douglas, Isle of Man,
IM1 2SL, British Isles. 

I just called that 070 number and I knew it had gone through to naija. I just told the idiot who answered that he is a rogue. I know that's not going to stop him trying it again anyway
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by presido1: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2008
Blatant:

I got this one 2 days ago:

From: AXA Isle of Manchester United.K. [mailto:axa-iomoffice@mail.com]
Sent: 30 May 2008 15:08
Subject: INHERITANCE NOTICE

ATTN,

We are a leading provider of offshore investments. We operate from the secure tax efficient environment of the Isle of Man, where we manage more than £4.6 billion for over 23,800 clients (as at 31 December 2006).

We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to the total sum of £6,000,000.00 GBP (Six Million British Pounds) in the codicil and last testament of the deceased. (Name now withheld due to protocol).
We contacted you because you bear the surname identity and therefore can present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance.

We therefore reckon that you could receive these funds as you are qualified by your name identity. All the legal papers will be processed upon your acceptance.

Upon your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance, your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary legal documents in your name at our high court probate division for the release of the fund in question.

Please contact the officer in-charge of this profile for further correspondence and assistance.

Officer in-charge : Thomas Craig
Direct Line: +447031996877 (calls on this line are not recorded)

If you would like to contact us by telephone then please call +44 (0) 1620 826 365. As part of our commitment to quality service, telephone calls may be recorded.

Kind regards,

AXA Isle of Man Limited,
Royalty House, Walpole Avenue,
Douglas, Isle of Man,
IM1 2SL, British Isles.

This one is Uk fraud letter, Please forward it to BBC,CNN and NTA.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by debosky(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2008
easternguy:

These judges are spineless, weird and derailed from penitent issues that needs tackling in this country.

Yahoo boys are not our problem in Nigeria, bad government remains our problem. If the dude was well educated and well employed he wouldn't have had time to browse enough let alone time for sending fraudulent emails.

How many years did Alamieseya spend in jail? What of OBJ and his cohorts, have they been jailed? And a hungry, hussling guy that only attempted something was jailed 6 years. Nigeria nawaaooh, always pursuing rat (oke belgium) while the house is seriously on fire.

with all due respect this is a baseless and completely misdirected post.

What of the other Nigerians who are not stealing? Why should they have to bear the opprobrium of being disgraced by the few trying to 'hussle'? Not everyone is stealing or doing yahoo yahoo, so why are you trying to excuse one man's failures as a result of someone else's mistakes? Alams stole so you should also steal? Arrant nonsense.

Is he the only jobless person in Nigeria? Is he the only person who is feeling unemployment? All this buck passing nonsense is the main cause of our problems - its always someone else's fault.

The truth is that Judges can only adjudicate on cases brought before them, they do not investigate or prosecute, they analyse evidence before them and decide based on that. If this man was indeed guilty, regardless of who 'caused' his situation, he has committed a crime and deserves to be punished. People in the US do yahoo yahoo, is it as a result of not being educated and what not? Criminality is still criminality, lets not excuse it under the guise of 'economic situation'.

We know there are people who deserve to be punished in Nigeria today, does that excuse this man's crime? If an armed robber came to your house and stole your life savings and was caught, would you say 'let him go - since OBJ and Alams did not get prosecuted'??
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Blatant: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2008
It's not from UK. they have ways of making it look like it's from UK.

When I called the 070 number, a Nigerian accented guy answered it. I knew that the 070 numbers are usually 9ja 419 numbers.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by dee02(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2008
Blatant:

It's not from UK. they have ways of making it look like it's from UK.

When I called the 070 number, a Nigerian accented guy answered it. I knew that the 070 numbers are usually Nigeria 419 numbers.

my guy u get time oo

u sef dial the number!lol

millions of letters are getting churned out from all stupid cyber cafes in the nooks and crannies of Naija

Nothin dey, na mugu or maga wey get wahala!

me i no fit mugu, mumu or maga! grin
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by presido1: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2008
What of all those Natwest, HSBC, RBS and Abey internet banking confirmation we use to get are they being sent from niaja as well.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Rogo: 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2008
very very very good lesson and God bless that judge of the court. Justice must prevail in Nigeria.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by easternguy: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2008
@debosky

Is unfortunate that you only want to be critical to my reply and not beeing analytical. I was silent on d guys act, but use him as a referal to a more penitent cases that should have preoccupied our judges.

Am not justifying yahoo yahoo. Am only indirectly implying that the guy does not deserve 6 years imprisonment while OBJ them spend 0 year. Is not fair. The guy should have been in custody with a resourceful rehabilitation to help me eke out a better livelihood.

U dey old market road or Awka rd?
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by U1(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2008
When I heard the news today, I was somehow pleased. But, that's probably one out of a thousand out there. angry
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by texazzpete(m): 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2008
easternguy:

How many years did Alamieseya spend in jail? What of OBJ and his cohorts, have they been jailed? And a hungry, hussling guy that only attempted something was jailed 6 years. Nigeria nawaaooh, always pursuing rat (oke belgium) while the house is seriously on fire.

Then in that same vein, why do we bother to arrest petty murderers and cultists in Nigeria? Afterall, it can be argued that since the murderers of Bola Ige and Dele Giwa are free, why should we jail the guy that merely killed his fellow tenant over a petty squabble?

Why should we jail armed robbery suspects? Why jail rapists when Politicians that rape and abuse young girls are going scot free?

All evil deserves to be punished. Some great evils may escape retribution, yes, but it doesn't make lesser evils to be good.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by presido1: 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2008
texazzpete:

Then in that same vein, why do we bother to arrest petty murderers and cultists in Nigeria? Afterall, it can be argued that since the murderers of Bola Ige and Dele Giwa are free, why should we jail the guy that merely killed his fellow tenant over a petty squabble?

Why should we jail armed robbery suspects? Why jail rapists when Politicians that rape and abuse young girls are going scot free?

All evil deserves to be punished. Some great evils may escape retribution, yes, but it doesn't make lesser evils to be good.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by sheniqua: 6:26pm On Jun 03, 2008
U1:

When I heard the news today, I was somehow pleased. But, that's probably one out of a thousand out there. angry

thousand only?
what are you talking
we get about 10 thousand or more on nairaland alone
extrapolate for a population of 130 million.
the real figure is mind boggling
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by nkc(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2008
GOOD ARREST ALL DEM HATERS angry angry angry angry
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2008
Shocking!!!

This is too hash for a first-time offender and for an 'ATTEMPT TO DEFRUAD'

So how much will they give OBJ that defrauded Nigerians of $16Bill or Soludo that defrauded us of $17bill.

what a country,
abi o. . my brother, help me ask am.
All this senates etc are just robbing Nigeria like it's Legal

@post
Good, make an example out of him. , maybe that'll put fear in the rest of those thieves.

@dee02
Have you been jailed before? shocked shocked confess o
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Missworld(f): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2008
U bet the guy went to jail probably because u refused to share or compromise.
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by buzugee(m): 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2008
so are you guys telling me that obj has $16billion stashed somewhere and yet dangote with $3billion is the richest man in nigeria. shit dont add up. you guys are lying your butts off grin
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by buzugee(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2008
hey in naijaryders you get to know how many people are in a thread. is there such a feature here ? :Di want to become a fixture but i find it not personable to be here because you feel you are in a vacuum. you dont know how many people are in a thread and who they are etc etc
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Builder: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2008
Poor guy, How come he duped some stupid Europeans and got jail term for it,  whatever happened to the Europeans, since they were in the deal

together afterall it takes two to tango .

OBJ and Co were given immunities, chieftancy titles, made managing directors, Church trustees( yes church trustee) etc  for duping their fellow

nigerians, it kindda seems to me that  its quite cool, classic and  it opens doors of opportunity for nigerians to dupe nigerians but prison term for duping

Europeans
Re: Man Jailed For 'Six' Years Over Internet Fraud by Xerxes4(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2008
Carlosein:

The victims must have been promised a huge cut in the imaginary funds. . . . That's the way it always work.
The frauudsters dangle carrots to motivate the victims to get em started and the rest is history.
Why can't the Nigerian judges sit down and put their foot down that it takes 2 to tango in these kinda shady deals.
It seems Africans are still mentally enslaved. . . . . .If a white man shytes. . . Africans would lick it with a grin on their faces.
It's pathetic!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(PHOTOS) A Witch Crash Landed While Flying. Real? / National Union Of Banks Officials Arrested By Police / 8 South African Police Officers Docked Over Alleged Murder Of Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.