Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,082 members, 7,977,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:08 PM

Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank (7723 Views)

I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido / Military Treated Buhari Badly Under PDP — Presidency / Tinubu: APC Will End PDP's Rule Of Scavengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Goddex: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2013
. . . and Lagos remains the third worst city to live in in the world after 14 yrs of APC at the helm. Other APC states of Borno and Yobe have only Boko Haram to show for.

Besides, those shouting GEJ are just daft. GEJ doesn't come in here. The report covers a period of 1996 - 2010. We will judge GEJ when the next report is produced.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Maxymilliano(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2013
Clerverly:

But Gej said he had the magic wane to turn all these around in four years. Alas we are already in the 5th year and things are getting worse! Stop defending the indefensible.

What is indefensible in my posts so far? My post wasn't even about Jonathan but you kept making it sound like Jonathan is the one Presiding over the affairs of the Federal, State and Local Government since 1999, hence the slow pace of progress.

The State and the LG are economic agents/stakeholders too just like the FG and since 1999, the three-tier partners had shared among themselves over N35 trillion as allocations.

Why not also ask what the State and Local govt have done with their own share to alleviate the 'worsen' situation or should scrutiny be selective ?
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2013
Its true,i remember Portharcourt 1995-1999, we had a lot of companies here eg:Michelin,Tidex,The LNG project in Bonny Island,Julius Berger etc.Portharcourt then was so peaceful!But now come to Ph,there are hardly any companies anymore what u see everywere are Shops Shops and more Shops!
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Kairoseki77: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2013
The AfDB must be run by APC. SMH.
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by jethro2: 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
And the blame game continues. As individual, youth, what are you doing to reduce poverty? Government this, government that, what is your contribution? Who are the government? They are my brothers, your brothers and our brothers. They also have the same mentality as ours before they get to power. The change can start from you and me. We are all the government
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by BetaThings: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
Maxymilliano:

The country operates three tiers system of government with 1 President, 36 State governors and 774 Local government areas manned by elected, and sometimes unelected officials from different political parties since the inception of the 4th republic till date.

Singling out just the Presidency, without factoring the contributions of other tiers of government to the worsened state of the economy is disingenuous on the part of the writer ...

The caption of the thread is PDP, so it is fair
PDP controls the presidency
PDP controls more states than any other party
PDP controls FCT
PDP controls more local governments than any other party
PDP controls the Senate and House of Reps
PDP members (only) get to become ministers

You can do better than this weak excuse
I know for a fact that were the report positive, you will not remember the number of states that we have
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
alpha conde: This is a big lie, in 1995 -1998 the only electronic my neigbor had was a standing fan and a boiling rig.
Now 2013 the now have ac in all their rooms and gas cooker.
Is this what poverty brings?
All these u are calling here came from bribery, extortion or blackmail, not hard work or improvement. That is wat has been in vogue since 1999.
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by AjCityOne: 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ngwakwe: The report forgot to mention the most heinous anti poor governance in Lagos State that have created poverty from wealth more than all Nigerian States combined.

Whereas the middle class who are not civil or public servants have their sources of income subjected to draconian legislation and authoritarian manipulation with no alternative, yet they poor are subjected to daily bashing by the agencies of the government to back to village as if the government is their personal property.

Let's concentrate on the report and forget the party as all na the same.

I guess you people will never get pass this deportation saga. The report is talking about the federal government that makes and implements policies about the whole nation and here you are talking about lagos state. Did you even go to school at all? But between you and me though if Lagos no work for you, you should go back to your village before you end up getting deported. My 2 kobo.
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by clint77ng: 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
Godson201333:

You are a phucking fool, what is the essence of using a gas cooker and ac in an undeveloped country like Nigeria?

What is essence of riding range rover on a road full or pot holes and mystery.

A country with epileptic power system yet you wanna use Ac.

A country where average of people salary goes on high cost of transportation,fuel for generator.

A country with poor education system.

The fact remains that PDP Never upgraded nigeria from being a third world country rather they downgraded it to fourth worls nation.

Poor medical even patience JoNathan ,Chime and more had to travel out for treatment.

Lemme stop here

Fools like you voted for them.

I know revolution is gonna happen in 2015
My friend that guy just talked on poverty and not road and revolution. That revolution will consume u. Ask egyptians and syrians.
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Maxymilliano:

The country operates three tiers system of government with 1 President, 36 State governors and 774 Local government areas manned by elected, and sometimes unelected officials from different political parties since the inception of the 4th republic till date.

Singling out just the Presidency, without factoring the contributions of other tiers of government to the worsened state of the economy is disingenuous on the part of the writer ...
Fact that Fed. Govt. pockets 52% of federal revenue weakens your argument
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Waspy(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
Stale news, its all obvious...We got APC now tho
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
seanet02: [size=40pt]Fresh Air[/size]

Freshest Air from the Infected GEJ
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by gsainttrinity(m): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
Caleboha: Fabricated statistics with strong appeal for the opposition. We are Nigerians, we know how we lived in 1996 and how we're living today. Now every rifraff has a handset and buys atleast a hundred naira recharge card per week, nearly every civil servant can save up for a car if they wish, many more can afford a fair formal education, there are fewer beggars on the streets now, a couple more nigerians can get a sip as the national wealth trickles down. Saying we were better off in 1996 implies we fared better under d military which is wrong! We are yet to attain d heights we desire as Nigeria but we've gone past 1996!!!

bros I support you on this. there is a conspiracy to lower the self esteem of Nigerians by this bogus senseless 70% percent of Nigerians living in poverty. in a lame man's language that's about 7 in every 10 persons u come across randomly. seriously this statistics is wrong. I am not claiming were are rich but we are not as poor.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by ADJAMES: 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
Baybe: Why are they calling PDP like PDP is the one to deliver the democracy dividends. PDP is just a political party, its a non-living thing gringrin. It cannot talk, It cannot make laws, It cannot execute projects. Maybe you should face the people that were/are in office and leave PDP alone. The political party doesn't matter, what matters is the personality of the person in office. His ability to make Nigerians as rich as Nigeria.

Rich nation Poor people.
So on what platform did the people who were/are in office get there? Is PDP or any other run by machines? Political office holders re suppose to execute their party manifestos/programmes,it just shows the quality of programme/manifesto PDP has since 1999.
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Goddex: 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kairoseki77: The AfDB must be run by APC. SMH.

No, but Premiumtimes that chose to add salt, sugar pepper in the ADB report so as to indict the PDP is an Opposition leaning news media. Buhari should show us example of how to run a country with Nasarawa. The last I checked Nasarawa state is still in the deep bottom when talking about states with effective leadership.
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by ADJAMES: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
melojames:

Freshest Air from the Infected GEJ

My broda, I don't think its about GEJ as an individual but the party that lacks vision producing visionless people. what kind of fruits do u expect from a bad tree?
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Godogwu: 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
Godson201333:

You are a phucking fool, what is the essence of using a gas cooker and ac in an undeveloped country like Nigeria?

What is essence of riding range rover on a road full or pot holes and mystery.

A country with epileptic power system yet you wanna use Ac.

A country where average of people salary goes on high cost of transportation,fuel for generator.

A country with poor education system.

The fact remains that PDP Never upgraded nigeria from being a third world country rather they downgraded it to fourth worls nation.

Poor medical even patience JoNathan ,Chime and more had to travel out for treatment.

Lemme stop here

Fools like you voted for them.

I know revolution is gonna happen in 2015

Now this is total and utter rubbish ....
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by Orikinla(m): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
[size=18pt]With goodluck and patience every Nigerian can make it.[/size] grin
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by MAYOWAAK: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
The general public is not convinced about the scorecard he recently touted for himself because his achievements have somehow been under-or mis-communicated to the public. Besides, a number of the achievements have been in elite sectors, such as airport remodelling, establishment of a Sovereign Wealth Fund, setting up of a dozen universities, N7bn to reburbish the Vice-President’s Lodge; and the purchase of additional presidential jets. These are projects that are not readily visible, known, or directly beneficial to about 70 per cent of the population, who live on $2 a day or less.

There have been no remarkable improvements in the sectors which directly impact the peoples’ lives — power supply; education, health care, and agriculture. No marked improvement on the nation’s major highways, especially in the South, except the belated award of the contract to fix the dilapidated Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The other major arterial road in the South, the Sagamu-Benin Expressway remains a death trap, as trailers derail or overturn when their drivers suddenly manoeuvre unexpected potholes and bumps. The unnecessary loss of lives and property on the roads is complemented by the terrorist activities of Boko Haram, which keeps striking despite a state of emergency and an offer of amnesty.

Jonathan’s handling of the economy has been ambiguous at best. Armed with figures, graphs, and chats, couched in World Bank, the IMF and Goldman Sachs jargon, his economic management team has been engaged in doublespeak. In one context, they tell us the economy is growing. In another context, they express regrets about rising unemployment, ballooning domestic debt, trillions of naira lost to leakages in the petroleum sector, and the collapse of the manufacturing industry.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by ardave2k13: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Maxymilliano:

if you are well aware of the money available to the Presidency you will understand why they should be held responsible for everything. The money/allocation shared between the three tiers are as follows: 56%, 23% and 20.6% for Fed. 36States and 774LGs respectively. Now tell me, who should be held responsible . To whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by PRECIOUSSOKARI(f): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2013
We as a nation have since 1966 sat in our houses, folded our hands, listen to the radio about how fast our country is falling and then we criticize the leaders. I think its time to stand up. If our father's detest the growth of this country we the youth should stand and fight in any way we can, any where you are against corruption. Our future is black, the youths allow themselves to be used by this old monsters to do evil. Steal ballot boxes for may 10,000 wat dya expect?
Re: Poverty Worsened In Nigeria Under PDP Rule- African Development Bank by peruso: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
What's so NEW IN THIS REPORT?

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains / NNPC: We Spent ₦966 Billion On Pipeline Repairs Between 2010 And 2015 / Delta: Okowa Signs ₦‎71 Billion Supplementary Appropriation Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.