Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,375 members, 7,978,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:32 PM

Donnie Mcclurkin Removed From MLK Concert Over 'ex-gay' Claims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Donnie Mcclurkin Removed From MLK Concert Over 'ex-gay' Claims (707 Views)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Photos:don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards & More Arrive For The Experienx / Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donnie Mcclurkin Removed From MLK Concert Over 'ex-gay' Claims by peteregwu(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2013
WASHINGTON (WJLA) - Donnie
McClurkin, a gospel singer who says
God delivered him "from the sin of
homosexuality," is firing back at
Washington Mayor Vincent Gray and
other officials after he says he was
removed from headlining a concert at
the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial.

A Grammy winner and pastor,
McClurkin was scheduled to perform
at the concert Saturday evening to
celebrate the 50th anniversary of the
March on Washington.
Several gay rights activists objected
to his participation ahead of the
event.
Doxie McCoy, a spokeswoman for
Mayor Vincent Gray, says McClurkin
decided to not perform because the
purpose of the event was to bring
people together.
But in a video statement, McClurkin
says he was "asked not to attend"
and was uninvited from the concert.
McClurkin says there should be
freedom of speech "as long as it's
done in love."
The controversy stems from
McClurkin's past statements that he
was "delivered from the sin of
homosexuality." - what's referred to
as being an "ex-gay."
Some community activists said the
mayor made the right move.
But some black ministers from around
the city lobbied the mayor to keep
McClurkin on the program.
www.wjla.com/articles/2013/08/donnie-mcclurkin-removed-from-mlk-concert-over-ex-gay-claims-92611.html

Matthew 10:15 KJV
"Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."
Re: Donnie Mcclurkin Removed From MLK Concert Over 'ex-gay' Claims by slap1(m): 7:31am On Aug 12, 2013
Poor Donnie. It's now a crime to testify to God's power to save? Oddly enough, some gays may be allowed to the concert. Very unwise decision.
Re: Donnie Mcclurkin Removed From MLK Concert Over 'ex-gay' Claims by PastorOluT(m): 7:43am On Aug 12, 2013
I like what he said "there should be freedom of speech as long as it is done in love". The fact that we dont agree on an issue or 'cos it seriously goes against our believes does not mean that we can't live in love and promote it.
This people already have their convictions, so why are they scared of him performing? Obviously this gay thing is a fraud, for they all know the truth deep inside.
Re: Donnie Mcclurkin Removed From MLK Concert Over 'ex-gay' Claims by Chanchit: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2013
Only God knows who is truely worshipping him. There are some truths that are better left unsaid, I think its unwise of him to have given that testimony. So whats his sexuality now, cos I've never heard him talk of wife or children.

I jst returned from google now, but the results I'm getting is not clear enough, I saw a story where they said he's about getting married in 2009,
Re: Donnie Mcclurkin Removed From MLK Concert Over 'ex-gay' Claims by PastorOluT(m): 7:52am On Aug 12, 2013
Chanchit: Only God knows who is truely worshipping him. There are some truths that are better left unsaid, I think its unwise of him to have given that testimony. So whats his sexuality now, cos I've never heard him talk of wife or children.

As a true xtian i enjoin u to only say what u know, what if u've never heard him talk about his wife? It changes nothing

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Spends N433 Millions On Community Projects / God cannot / Favourisim In Churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.