Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,120 members, 7,890,721 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:58 PM

IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees (1615 Views)

List Of Female Muslim Names And Their Meanings / Sweden Appoints First female Muslim Minister . / Female Muslim *with Hijab* Receives Nobel Peace Prize For 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
I have not seen any muslima woman so far let alone any winning a medal. Does it have something to do with sharia? I am sure there r millions of female athletees that can beat Montsho or Ohuruogu the eventual world winner @moscow But islam forbids them from dressing scantily in front of men. How sad.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by maclatunji: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
^There's actually a Muslim women's competition. I am not sure of their performance records vis-a-vis non-Muslim women though.

Is athletic performance related to religion? A research question I guess.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dear Mac I think and posit that Islam hinders women from achieving their dreams. I saw an algerian lass competing in the heptathlon scantily dressed but competitive. As far as I am concerned muslim men will not let their WAGS show skin. Is a pity because there is cash to be made for talented people but muslim women have to stay at home and take care of their polygamous hubbies other wives and forget that they can ever be anything in life besides being a garden for their husbands to plough. Wake me up when a muslim woman wins a medal in Moscow. Yawn.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by showietee: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2013
basilico: Dear Mac I think and posit that Islam hinders women from achieving their dreams. I saw an algerian lass competing in the heptathlon scantily dressed but competitive. As far as I am concerned muslim men will not let their WAGS show skin. Is a pity because there is cash to be made for talented people but muslim women have to stay at home and take care of their polygamous hubbies other wives and forget that they can ever be anything in life besides being a garden for their husbands to plough.

Are you not satisfied being a muslim and the islamic laws? You're given the best, so appreciate it.

“A man will follow the way of his close friend, so let oneof you look at who he takes as a close friend." (Abu Dawud)
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
^ He is not a muslim, just a muslim hater.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
Has any hijabi ever won any international medal and the cash that goes with it? Sharia cant allow any muslima woman to be anything in her life. Maybe i am wrong so please show me any one one muslima whose talent makes her money. Islam respects women I heard.
tbaba1234: ^ He is not a muslim, just a muslim hater.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
Shelly Ann Fraser won the 100m final. How come Christian women are winning the races and getting rich in the process while we hear dat islam appreciates women and let them achieve their full potential? Wake me up when a muslim woman wins anything in Moscow instead of libelling me as a muslim hater please. Its that simple.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by tbaba1234: 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
We don't need to strip naked to win medals. We have a bigger price. We are not interested in your opinion.

1 Like

Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
The muslim men wear shorts and show skin when playing but cant let their WAGS (Wives and girlfriends if you didnt know) to do the same. So sharia forces women to be content in just bearing mujahedins to fight for allah the bigger price of jannat. I understand you. Women are just womb factories to sire expendable shaheeds.
tbaba1234: We don't need to strip naked to win medals. We have a bigger price. We are not interested in your opinion.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by deols(f): 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Is sports the only money making venture?
I'd rather be poor
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by Sissie(f): 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
basilico: Has any hijabi ever won any international medal and the cash that goes with it? Sharia cant allow any muslima woman to be anything in her life. Maybe i am wrong so please show me any one one muslima whose talent makes her money. Islam respects women I heard.

I am a Muslim woman and 1 of my talents makes me money.
You need to know that we all have different priorities and for most Muslim hijabi women winning international model is not on it. Their are a thousand and one way to make money.

Besides we don't need your validation.

1 Like

Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2013
No sports is not the only money maker. Selling garri can make you money. Denying someone like christine her talent all in the name of religion to earn from her talent can be a crime. Agree with me whether she she shows legs to the world? Islam does not want Women to advance in sports for once. If your talent is in sports why should islam curtail a woman's potential to uplift her and by extension all the bloodsucking kith and kin?
deols: Is sports the only money making venture?
I'd rather be poor
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
Sissie by the fact that you can post here tells me you know how to read and use a computer keyboard. How many potential athletees cant read or write like the unlettered prophet of islam in the north esp. How many of them could have been something but islam cant let them be anything better than an ashawo for instance?
Sissie:

I am a Muslim woman and 1 of my talents makes me money.
You need to know that we all have different priorities and for most Muslim hijabi women winning international model is not on it. Their are a thousand and one way to make money.

Besides we don't need your validation.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
It amazes me when muslims dont support non muslims fighting for human rights. What dose do those sheikhs give you such that all reason is thrown out of the window? Women here have demeane themselves and seem happy with it. I wil donate some cash to Seun if a hijabi gets on the podium to recieve a medal be it gold silver or bronze i promise.
basilico: Sissie by the fact that you can post here tells me you know how to read and use a computer keyboard. How many potential athletees cant read or write like the unlettered prophet of islam in the north esp. How many of them could have been something but islam cant let them be anything better than an ashawo for instance?
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by lanrexlan(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
basilico: No sports is not the only money maker. Selling garri can make you money. Denying someone like christine her talent all in the name of religion to earn from her talent can be a crime. Agree with me whether she she shows legs to the world? Islam does not want Women to advance in sports for once. If your talent is in sports why should islam curtail a woman's potential to uplift her and by extension all the bloodsucking kith and kin?
Surah Al-Anam 6:116-Were you to follow the common run of those on earth,they will lead you astray from Allah’s path.They follow nothing but conjecture and they do nothing but lie”
The purpose of life is worship and not sports.

3 Likes

Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by Sissie(f): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
LOL.
Stop being amazed and worry about yourself, donate the cash to a needy, am sure seun doesn't need it or better still go and participate and win a medal for yourself, afteral men compete in international sports, don't they.

Don't worry about the women here, we are doing great and living fulfilling lives .

Deols and I are good, thank you.

9 Likes

Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by basilico: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
I will not worry about you. Wake me up when a modern woman overcomes 7th century edicts depicting women as lacking intelligence, requiring 4 male witness to prove they were ra.ped. Your testimony is half that of men. And yet brag that you are respected. Women in islam are only respected when they preserve their purity to men who can marry more than 4 wives and have so many se.x slaves in their lifetime. Maybe if you are happy with your life you can migrate to the rich wahhabi Saudi Arabia where you cant drive since you are a woman and you need a muharam if you want to leave your husbands harem.
Sissie: LOL.
Stop being amazed and worry about yourself, donate the cash to a needy, am sure seun doesn't need it or better still go and participate and win a medal for yourself, afteral men compete in international sports, don't they.

Don't worry about the women here, we are doing great and living fulfilling lives .

Deols and I are good, thank you.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by siddiq202(m): 10:54pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by naptu2: 5:02am On Aug 13, 2013
I wonder if he's just trolling.

Hassiba Boulmerka

Sarah Attar
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by Afam4eva(m): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2013
This is the first time that i'm encountering a kinda of solidarity with Muslim athletes. Aren't we as Nigerians supposed to be supporting our athletes irrespective of religion. So, you'd rather support a Saudi Muslim athlete than a Nigerian Christian athlete? SMH
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by maclatunji: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2013
Afam4eva: This is the first time that i'm encountering a kinda of solidarity with Muslim athletes. Aren't we as Nigerians supposed to be supporting our athletes irrespective of religion. So, you'd rather support a Saudi Muslim athlete than a Nigerian Christian athlete? SMH

SMH at your failure to understand the OPs post and intention. #LOL
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by deols(f): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2013
Afam4eva: This is the first time that i'm encountering a kinda of solidarity with Muslim athletes. Aren't we as Nigerians supposed to be supporting our athletes irrespective of religion. So, you'd rather support a Saudi Muslim athlete than a Nigerian Christian athlete? SMH

Op is not a Muslim. He is angered for not seeing unveiled muslim women jumping up and down. A part of his wants arent satisfied by the fact that Muslim women are not participating in international competitive sports.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by naptu2: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2013
deols:

Op is not a Muslim. He is angered for not seeing unveiled muslim women jumping up and down. A part of his wants arent satisfied by the fact that Muslim women are not participating in international competitive sports.

And he is actually wrong. Muslim women have taken part in international sports events for a long time and won medals in the Olympics and World Championships (Hasiba Boulmerka, Habiba Ghribi, Nawal El Moutawakel, Maziah Mahusin, Maiya Maneza, Asli Cakir Alptekin, Sarrah Attar, etc). But it's a matter of choice. Some women may also choose not to compete, in adherence to the tenets of their faith and they have every right to make that choice and people like the OP cannot force them to choose otherwise.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by showietee: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2013
I don't even expect this to come this far...
1. The op we're not sure if he/she is a muslim- intrusion
2. The thread is off point and its a form of stigmatizing or tribalize islam.
3. Muslims are not meant to question their creator but this op is doing so and might corrupt some other muslims mind...

My simple advice is that moderators should pls help close this thread. Or do i still need to make an official complain elsewhere about this?
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by maclatunji: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2013
showietee: I don't even expect this to come this far...
1. The op we're not sure if he/she is a muslim- intrusion
2. The thread is off point and its a form of stigmatizing or tribalize islam.
3. Muslims are not meant to question their creator but this op is doing so and might corrupt some other muslims mind...

My simple advice is that moderators should pls help close this thread. Or do i still need to make an official complain elsewhere about this?

Awww... you are actually saying I am not strict enough. #LOL

Trust me, this thread has not reached the level of being hidden. If it was, it would have been long gone. I think you can take my word on that.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by biolabee(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2013
Interesting

During the london olympics. A saudi woman was given a special entry by the ioc to compete because her country would not allow her to compete

If the 2 ladies who have ppsted so far are ok with this. Then it should not be an issue
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by deols(f): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2013
naptu2:

And he is actually wrong. Muslim women have taken part in international sports events for a long time and won medals in the Olympics and World Championships (Hasiba Boulmerka, Habiba Ghribi, Nawal El Moutawakel, Maziah Mahusin, Maiya Maneza, Asli Cakir Alptekin, Sarrah Attar, etc). But it's a matter of choice. Some women may also choose not to compete, in adherence to the tenets of their faith and they have every right to make that choice and people like the OP cannot force them to choose otherwise.

Yes. Many Muslims have. Falilat Ogunkoya(not sure of the name), a Nigerian is a Muslim athlete. But I know op is more concerned with Islam not allowing them.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by golpen(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
I still cannot fathom out why non-muslims cannot keep to their medal winning faiths. In short, every muslim activities stretches the hairs on their skins like that of a porcupine. And yet they claim they don't see islam pursuing them in their dreams. When has the world turned to a christian activist fighting for muslim women to participate in sports. It is just a display of the hate abundance of their hearts, so their mouths speak nonsense...

SMH...
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by showietee: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
maclatunji:

Awww... you are actually saying I am not strict enough. #LOL

Trust me, this thread has not reached the level of being hidden. If it was, it would have been long gone. I think you can take my word on that.

Bro, that was a suggestion not a command, sir!

I sense that we're not acquiring the right knowledge from it......
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by showietee: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
golpen: I still cannot fathom out why non-muslims cannot keep to their medal winning faiths. In short, every muslim activities stretches the hairs on their skins like that of a porcupine. And yet they claim they don't see islam pursuing them in their dreams. When has the world turned to a christian activist fighting for muslim women to participate in sports. It is just a display of the hate abundance of their hearts, so their mouths speak nonsense...

SMH...

They're on a mission to corrupt the truth... But no matter how hard they try, Allah ll not let the mission work out. Their mission impossible has no end.

They propounded the “moderate muslim theory“... Allah knows what on d heart of all, they shall account for their deeds.
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
naptu2: I wonder if he's just trolling.

Hassiba Boulmerka

Sarah Attar
I never knew you are a muslim, thats quite nice. I was once a muslim though am " RELIGIONLESS"

As for the OP, why not mind your business, why not ask your pastors or priests to stop molesting kids
Re: IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees by maclatunji: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
showietee:

Bro, that was a suggestion not a command, sir!

I sense that we're not acquiring the right knowledge from it......

What are we to do? Let him express himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sincere Advice Monsieur Toba / See Wat Nigerian Muslims Did After Face Of Dead Islamic Scholar Appeared On Pole / Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.