Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) (38492 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Egbagirl(f): 12:59am On Aug 13, 2013
Syenite:
My Dear that is how your Abeokuta looks from an aerial view. grin

Lol I agree but like I said that's only one part of it. I mean I've been seeing that picture since I was a kid. It's old. I'm sure many of the pictures you posted are more recent. Do a better google search and I'm sure you'll find more. Did you see the pics Dayokanu posted of Ibadan? Compare that to the one you posted. Make people no come yab my hometown o.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 13, 2013
Dayum!!! Why did Dayokanu decide to act as a "kill-joy?"

Shyte, that won't stop me from clowning all these Ibadan people around me, especially the chics.

They always want to feel among when the King of Lagos is talking - that's a NO NO!

I'm going in on them, they can't win against me!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Spambutter: 1:07am On Aug 13, 2013
Abia state

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by lupey: 1:09am On Aug 13, 2013
CFCfan:
It's an 'ancient' city.

It sure is an ancient city,but the picture the op put up is like taking an aerial picture of the old oshodi and calling it Lagos!

Those houses with brown roofs have been there since time immemorial and truthfully,they cannot be taken down. A lot happens under those brown rusted roofs...

I particularly look 4ward 2 spending a couple of days with locals who stay there. I'm sure there wld be a lot 2 learn. grin grin
Long and short- those brown rusted roofs take up like 20% of the city. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 13, 2013
Egba girl:

Lol I agree but like I said that's only one part of it. I mean I've been seeing that picture since I was a kid. It's old. I'm sure many of the pictures you posted are more recent. Do a better google search and I'm sure you'll find more. Did you see the pics Dayokanu posted of Ibadan? Compare that to the one you posted. Make people no come yab my hometown o.

Hey you, I read somewhere that Ibadan used to be Egbaland, but the Egba's were chased out of there by the Oyo's and Ijebu's, hence why your people moved to Abeokuta - how true is that?

PS: Will read the reply tomorrow - off to bed now. tongue wink kiss
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Spambutter: 1:10am On Aug 13, 2013
Anambra

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 13, 2013
My conclusion: Having a big round-about in your capital city makes the whole city beautiful, and means the governor is doing well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Spambutter: 1:11am On Aug 13, 2013
Anambra .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Spambutter: 1:15am On Aug 13, 2013
Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by achi4u(m): 1:18am On Aug 13, 2013
Nonsense thread!
You only just grab a picture of a street in Abakaliki and branded it an aerial view.

nawa o
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by ibiso1986: 1:43am On Aug 13, 2013
PORT HARCOURT city

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by emoney15yahoocom(m): 1:50am On Aug 13, 2013
Just passing by an stop over to pip
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by 9ja4eva: 1:51am On Aug 13, 2013
Nice thread Op.

Our Governors need to do more. Am not impressed.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by drake2005: 1:54am On Aug 13, 2013
Cross River state and Akwa Ibom are the most beautiful states in the union with modern and adequate minimum infrastructural development.And very clean also...clean air. I'll vote for Gov. Akpabio any day to be the president of Nigeria. He will transform Nigeria in four years. Yes he is a Thief pi epsilon but he sure knows how to steal cleverly and still do something. Far better than stealing and doing nothing. I have more respect for a man who appropriates 10 billion Naira for project, steals 3 billion Naira and still get the job done within minimum standard, than a criminal ( much higher than a thief) that appropriates 10 billion Naira, steals 9 billion naira and does nothing or below standard job.

Kudos to Former Gov. Donald Duke and Gov. Akpabio.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by opyzy(m): 2:06am On Aug 13, 2013
Chai see as boko haram territory fine(maiduguri)
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by cityofsin: 2:48am On Aug 13, 2013
drake2005: Cross River state is the most beautiful state in the union with modern and adequate minimum infrastructural development.And very clean also...clean air. I'll vote for Gov. Akpabio any day to be the president of Nigeria. He will transform Nigeria in four years. Yes he is a Thief pi epsilon but he sure knows how to steal cleverly and still do something. Far better than stealing and doing nothing. I have more respect for a man who appropriates 10 billion Naira for project, steals 3 billion Naira and still get the job done within minimum standard, than a criminal ( much higher than a thief) that appropriates 10 billion Naira, steals 9 billion naira and does nothing or below standard job.

Kudos to Former Gov. Donald Duke and Gov. Akpabio.

This is the problem with free speech. Since when did Akpabio become the Gov of Cross River? Olodo!!!
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by xykms101: 2:52am On Aug 13, 2013
Nigeria is a dead country.

....Welcome to Biafra region.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by triploc: 2:57am On Aug 13, 2013
Go back and check akure out!!! Nice city they dont shout, dem just dey develop the city dey go
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 2:58am On Aug 13, 2013
Its no surprise that most Nigerian "cities" are just overgrown villages. Enough with the mediocrity. They don't even have to be large cities with skylines, but make them look liveable to an international standard. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 3:05am On Aug 13, 2013
nwanna89: My conclusion: Having a big round-about in your capital city makes the whole city beautiful, and means the governor is doing well

Nigerians love mediocrity. SMH.
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nebeuwa(m): 3:29am On Aug 13, 2013
Until I see skyscrapers that touch the heavens, then I am not impressed.

Fountains and round-abouts do not impress me. I want to see industries, skyscrapers, and 21st century hospitals.

At least Nigerian cities can start putting sidewalks for pedestrians and CLOSED SEWERS!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 3:43am On Aug 13, 2013
Nebeuwa: Until I see skyscrapers that touch the heavens, then I am not impressed.

Fountains and round-abouts do not impress me. I want to see industries, skyscrapers, and 21st century hospitals.

At least Nigerian cities can start putting sidewalks for pedestrians and CLOSED SEWERS!

Skyscrapers don't necessarily make a city great, but the major cities should have a type of skyline. As for the smaller towns, they can be of world class standard without having skylines per say.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by emiye(m): 4:02am On Aug 13, 2013
The Old rusty roofs aerial view of many SW capital cities is the prize for early development. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Godwinsilas(m): 4:37am On Aug 13, 2013
FILEBE: Excluding lagos? Didnt i just see Ikeja there or something?
And what exactly do you aim to achieve with this?

I. D. I. O. T. na im you b o, wetin you tink say im wan achieve from u villager when im upload pictures make u knw how cities b?
D rest pictures when u dey see na states nor b capital? I nor blame u shal u nor knw Lagos capital na Ikeja! Sory o.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by seanet02: 4:43am On Aug 13, 2013
Syenite:
My Dear that is how your Abeokuta looks from an aerial view. grin
Shut your trap.
You did not see this in Abeokuta or are you blind?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Godwinsilas(m): 4:44am On Aug 13, 2013
xykms101: Nigeria is a dead country.

....Welcome to Biafra region.
Idiot if you neva knw dem don burry ur so called biafra with Ojuwku una o just dey talk shit from mouth instead from yiash, if Nigeria is dead automatically ur family is dead. U wil neva apprec what dats wat is wory u people, wat hav ur family contributed to dis nation (Nigeria)? Rather to wak up evry day fill ur belly a lot of shit. I pity u!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:55am On Aug 13, 2013
embarassed
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by musiwa1b: 5:08am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Egbagirl(f): 5:20am On Aug 13, 2013
seanet02:
Shut your trap.
You did not see this in Abeokuta or are you blind?

Heheheheheheehe Seanet02 vex o!! Lol
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 13, 2013
This thread is useless...

You uploaded 2005 pictures of some states, others 2012, some 2013..

Why dont you visit the states yourself rather than downloading google pictures just to prove a point?

Lol...

Ariel view indeed... How come your Lokoja aerial picture does not reflect River niger and benue?

Lol...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by seangy4konji: 5:23am On Aug 13, 2013
@ d ops...which state are you from
Re: Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 13, 2013
nwanna89: My conclusion: Having a big round-about in your capital city makes the whole city beautiful, and means the governor is doing well

grin grin grin grin grin

No mind the cowards...

What do you expect when the people of the states are so lazy to develop the lands for business...

Na make the governor dey use the idle lands build N1million roundabout and then paint am correct black and white emulsion paints na..
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians React As President Buhari Resumes Office Today / Aisha Buhari: $16million For Mosquito Nets Shocks President's Wife / Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.