Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,385 members, 7,910,952 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 09:08 PM

Woman Commits Suicide, Four Months After Bearing Twins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Commits Suicide, Four Months After Bearing Twins (449 Views)

6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist / Why Jonathan Sacked Abba Months After APC Asked For It!!! / Billboard Of Niger State PDP Governorship Aspirant Bearing The Picture Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Commits Suicide, Four Months After Bearing Twins by yunfazz: 7:36am On Aug 13, 2013
What could have led a nursing mother to take her own life, few months after giving birth?

Muji Kazeem, a hairdresser who lived at Oremerin Street, Somolu Lagos, was found dead in a well. The woman who had been barren for five years had given birth to twins only four months earlier.

Her husband narrates his ordeal:

"We were together on Sunday night having prayers around 9.30pm. Then, the babies started crying, so I told her to go and breast-feed them.

"By the time I finished praying, she had slept off with the twins on the bed. I spread a mat on the floor by the entrance and slept off.

"Muji woke up around 11.30pm and went outside. One of my friends told me that he saw her at that time taking cool air before he went inside to sleep."

Kazeem said he was awaken by the wailing of the twins around 1am. He said he searched for their mother without success.

When the day broke, he raised the alarm that his wife was missing. The neighborhood was said to have been thrown into confusion as a search party was organized to look for her without success. The matter was later reported at the Pedro Police Station.

Kazeem said, "We saw her clothes near the well on Monday night and became hopeful. We intensified prayers for her. But it was 7am the following day that a woman, who wanted to draw water from the well, observed that the drawer did not get water. She got a torchlight, pointed it down the well and saw the swollen corpse of my wife."

He went further to describe his wife as an amiable person who never stepped on anyone's toes. Meanwhile, neighbors claim that the woman had been depressed few days before her death. Specifically, a source told Punch newspaper that the 25-year-old mother, could sometimes be lost in thought for several hours and would not respond to greetings until people shouted at her.

Circumstances surrounding her death all point to suicide but really, couldn't she have fallen into the well?

Muji has been buried at the Atan Cemetry at Yaba in line with Islamic rites. May her soul rest in perfect peace.

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/nursing-mother-commits-suicide.html

Re: Woman Commits Suicide, Four Months After Bearing Twins by delpee(f): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2013
Some women go into depression after delivery. If it is not properly managed it can lead to mental illness and suicide.

(1) (Reply)

Is Politics For Unsuccessful People? / See A Man Wraps Himself With Huge Python Snakes In Public (PHOTO) / Federal Government Claim Victory In Curbing Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.