Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,685 members, 7,892,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:43 PM

Near-death Experiences "Explained" - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Near-death Experiences "Explained" (13176 Views)

Dead Marmaid Body Explained (photo) / Build Your Own Mini, Solar Power Unit. My Experiences Shared 100%! / Near-death Experiences Are 'electrical Surge In Dying Brain' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by scientology(m): 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
electric ko nepa meter niii
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by bokunrawo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
oyinbo and their theories,as for me if I wan die na my ansestors wet go carry me piam #GBAMZ#

1 Like

Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Esoterism is the key to all knowledge...hehehe
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Hernadez99: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
This Shii aint necessary!
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Infomizer(m): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
miketonic: I just got another girl pregnant....and I just married last month
Dude, you're near death! Lol
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by chiketee(m): 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
rastamouse: How does this explain the story of 'Heaven Is Real'? How does the surge in brain activity explain the out of body experience that almost all NDErs experience?

Rubbish research
A group of high IQ scientists come together, spend a lot of money and time running into years carrying out experiments in a high tech lab, and at the end come up with results and new findings, then publish the results. You sit in your house drinking garri and watching superstory, then buy 100 naira mtn card, load and subscribe for 5mb, then you log into nairaland and disparage the scientists research. Yes I can smell the rubbish and it ain't coming from the scientists
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by EmmanuellaAop: 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
talentedjoe: Am talentedjoe..add me up on 2go..need tutorials on how to use nairaland
. I also nid tutorials on aw 2use nairaland.. pls add me up on 2go....pelumi1129.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Judas2013: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
hyper gig: Science always has an explanation

And religion never does. grin
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Judas2013: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
rastamouse: How does this explain the story of 'Heaven Is Real'? How does the surge in brain activity explain the out of body experience that almost all NDErs experience?

Rubbish research

Because there is no real heaven. Heaven is nothing but fake information piled into the brain by religious leaders and parents. When religious ppl die they experience fake reality before realising that all was fear based and fake
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Judas2013: 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kslib:
Ah!! How did science attempt to derail religion with this research?
.. For every reaction or anything thing in life to happen,there must be something that caused it nah...
The researchers only gave us the things,like movement of light etc and other factors that combine to form Near Death Experiences as an end result..
Even prayers and the frequency with which they travel to meet God also has a scientific explanation..
Example::: You can sit down with your dad in the sitting room and whisper softly so he cant hear you but God who is million light years away from you can hear what you whispered...
When a scientist observes that,he tries to explain why it happens,he tries to know the frequency throught which your voice travelled at such amazing speed to meet God within 1/2 sec..
The fact that scientist are giving physical explanations to how things happen including those that relates to religion like Near death experiences,dreams and etc doesnt make the evil or illogical like you said!!!
Maybe you were expecting them to quote one bible passage to back their research.. I am sure if they had used the scripture as proof for their research,you would have been satisfied!!!

I laugh at your childish ignorance grin

How do you know God is light years away and he is willing to help you from another planet? There probably is no God. The same white people who told you God lives in heaven are the same people telling you it was all made up.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by deebrain(m): 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2013

Sir, pls limit yr intake of achoholic beverages. Thanks.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by rastamouse: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
chiketee:
A group of high IQ scientists come together, spend a lot of money and time running into years carrying out experiments in a high tech lab, and at the end come up with results and new findings, then publish the results. You sit in your house drinking garri and watching superstory, then buy 100 nairaland mtn card, load and subscribe for 5mb, then you log into nairaland and disparage the scientists research. Yes I can smell the rubbish and it ain't coming from the scientists

It is clear from what you are writing that you have very little knowledge on the subject of NDE. I will not engage you on any debate but will advise you to read and listen to the stories before you start believing anything in the name of science.

Try and explain this with the logic of the research that was published.

Do these patients really go out of their bodies? Certainly their perception is that part of their consciousness - the part they say is really "who they are" - goes on without their body. Many anecdotal reports from subjects stimulate research questions because these experiences cannot be easily explained. For example, in one case, a patient reported having a near-death experience while she was resuscitated. She told a nurse she saw a red shoe on the roof of the hospital. The nurse told a resident, who in turn had someone unlock the door to the roof. He descended from the roof with a red shoe in hand.

1 Like

Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Orikinla(m): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Science is full of farce.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by chiketee(m): 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
rastamouse:

It is clear from what you are writing that you have very little knowledge on the subject of NDE. I will not engage you on any debate but will advise you to read and listen to the stories before you start believing anything in the name of science.

Try and explain this with the logic of the research that was published.

[b][/b]
Did you read the part where it was stated that the research was done on mice and the findings may not explain human experience? I'm sure you didn't. It's funny how you want me not to believe scientists that at least have some facts but rather I should believe hearsay stories. Red shoe ko pink bra ni
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by wordcat(m): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Iceman296: How did this Make FP?
Mods?
These Psychos Comparing Humans to Rat!
;

Are u sure they're psychos??

and when sickness comes, u'll rush to hospital.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by emmille(m): 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
True though it still thrive by induction.
hyper gig: Science always has an explanation
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by UyiIredia(m): 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
I wonder if this scientists will play doubting Thomas when incidents of consciousness with zero brain activity and/or when a person is certified dead occurs ? In any case, since the brain mediates for consciousness I'm unfazed but I note that consciousness is not a property of the brain or its actions in themselves. Of course, there are other projects being done as regards NDE and The Human Consciousness project is one of such.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by AntiSerious: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
talentedjoe: Am talentedjoe..add me up on 2go..need tutorials on how to use nairaland
......#Simple,just go to google and ask.....hw do I use nairaland
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by wordcat(m): 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Judas2013: I laugh at your childish ignorance grin How do you know God is light years away and he is willing to help you from another planet? There probably is no God. The same white people who told you God lives in heaven are the same people telling you it was all made up.
;

Hehehehehheehhhehehehehehhhehhehhhehehhehehehhehhehhehhehehehehehehhehehehehhehehehe....guy, u made my day
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Kslib(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Judas2013:

I laugh at your childish ignorance grin

How do you know God is light years away and he is willing to help you from another planet? There probably is no God. The same white people who told you God lives in heaven are the same people telling you it was all made up.
Why use the word 'probably' since you are very sure there is no GOD?..
Besides,i just gave that example just to illustrate how everything including some religious stuffs has an explanation and not to argue with you if there is GOD or not..
To me,GOD is that natural force that always prevail against evil and brings balance in the universe so that all evil can be wiped off... I dont have a religion but i believe in KARMA and its only logical for me to call whatever,whoever made or is behind the idea of karma GOD..
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by goodgood2(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
So, what should we do? Celebrate or flog you?
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2013

Rubbish research

It's funny this know-it-alls always have answers for everything. Many atheist scientists have been converted by some of these experiences (www.spiritlessons.com). It's dangerous to pitch one's tent with people who don't believe in God.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by dallyemmy: 4:11am On Aug 14, 2013
Heaven Is Real: A Doctor’s Experience With the Afterlife
by Dr. Eben AlexanderOct 8, 2012 1:00 am EDT
When a neurosurgeon found himself in a coma, he experienced things he never thought possible—a journey to the afterlife.
As a neurosurgeon, I did not believe in the phenomenon of near-death experiences. I grew up in a scientific world, the son of a neurosurgeon. I followed my father’s path and became an academic neurosurgeon, teaching at Harvard Medical School and other universities. I understand what happens to the brain when people are near death, and I had always believed there were good scientific explanations for
the heavenly out-of-body journeys described by those who narrowly escaped death.

There is no scientific explanation for the fact that while my body lay in coma, my mind—my conscious, inner self—was alive and well. While the neurons of my cortex were stunned to complete inactivity by the bacteria that had attacked them, my brain-free consciousness journeyed to another, larger dimension of the universe: a dimension I’d never dreamed existed and which the old, pre-coma me would have been more than happy to explain was a simple impossibility.

But that dimension—in rough outline, the same one described by countless subjects of near-death experiences and other mystical states—is there. It exists, and what I saw and learned there has placed me quite literally in a new world: a world where we are much more than our brains and bodies, and where death is not the end of consciousness but rather a chapter in a vast, and incalculably positive, journey.

The brain is an astonishingly sophisticated but extremely delicate mechanism. Reduce the amount of oxygen it receives by the smallest amount and it will react. It was no big surprise that people who had undergone severe trauma would return from their experiences with strange stories. But that didn’t mean they had journeyed anywhere real.

Although I considered myself a faithful Christian, Then,I was so more in name than in actual belief. I didn’t begrudge those who wanted to believe that Jesus was more than simply a good man who had suffered at the hands of the world. I sympathized deeply with those who wanted to believe that there was a God somewhere out there who loved us unconditionally. In fact, I envied such people the security that those beliefs no doubt provided. But as a scientist, I simply knew better than to believe them myself.

In the fall of 2008, however, after seven days in a coma during which the human part of my brain, the neocortex, was inactivated, I experienced something so profound that it gave me a scientific reason to believe in consciousness after death.

I know how pronouncements like mine sound to skeptics, so I will tell my story with the logic and language of the scientist I am.

Very early one morning four years ago, I awoke with an extremely intense headache. Within hours, my entire cortex—the part of the brain that controls thought and emotion and that in essence makes us human—had shut down. Doctors at Lynchburg General Hospital in Virginia, a hospital where I myself worked as a neurosurgeon, determined that I had somehow contracted a very rare bacterial meningitis that mostly attacks newborns. E. coli bacteria had penetrated my cerebrospinal fluid and were eating my brain.

When I entered the emergency room that morning, my chances of survival in anything beyond a vegetative state were already low. They soon sank to near nonexistent. For seven days I lay in a deep coma, my body unresponsive, my higher-order brain functions totally offline.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by dallyemmy: 4:21am On Aug 14, 2013
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10/07/proof-of-heaven-a-doctor-s-experience-with-the-afterlife.html

How will they explain the Peter,James and John experience On the mount of transgifuration?
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Wahala90: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2013
There are different types of Sciences: Religious Science, Political Science, Economical Science, Fictional Science, Social Science, Negative Science, Technological Science, etc. Which is this one? Rubbish Science!
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by AjanleKoko: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2013
Flatliners 2.0. grin
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 14, 2013
i had a near death experience last xmas due to too much weed in the system, dude! we were high all day on all sorts of sh!+ ranging from codiene, to xtacy, to tablets and lastly mary jane, afer that we used it to cook and ate, then used it and lipton as tea

but the killer was when we chewed...dude! afer like 30 minutes blood was rushing through my veins very hot! later all the blood started rushing to my head, i started seeing visions and thought i was going crazy....then it happened!......... i saw myself at the gate of heaven, i started confessing and begging, dude that wasnt funny, i was shouting and promising to change my ways!

now that was a near death experience
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by Judas2013: 9:12am On Aug 14, 2013
Kslib:
Why use the word 'probably' since you are very sure there is no GOD?..
Besides,i just gave that example just to illustrate how everything including some religious stuffs has an explanation and not to argue with you if there is GOD or not..
To me,GOD is that natural force that always prevail against evil and brings balance in the universe so that all evil can be wiped off... I dont have a religion but i believe in KARMA and its only logical for me to call whatever,whoever made or is behind the idea of karma GOD..

In the real sense god is not an entity. The word " god" was borrowed from the word " dogma". There is no evidence of a God although we have many people who believe that such entity exist. But it's obvious it doesn't

God and Evil ( positive and negative) coexists . One cannot do without the other. In everyday of our lives we experience both. Low times and high times. You may call your high time God but certainly you will also experience your low times. So in essence KARMA as you said is more reasonable.
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by AjanleKoko: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2013
rigormortis: i had a near death experience last xmas due to too much weed in the system, dude! we were high all day on all sorts of sh!+ ranging from codiene, to xtacy, to tablets and lastly mary jane, afer that we used it to cook and ate, then used it and lipton as tea

but the killer was when we chewed...dude! afer like 30 minutes blood was rushing through my veins very hot! later all the blood started rushing to my head, i started seeing visions and thought i was going crazy....then it happened!......... i saw myself at the gate of heaven, i started confessing and begging, dude that wasnt funny, i was shouting and promising to change my ways!

now that was a near death experience

You must mean the gates of hell cheesy grin tongue
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by paparazzi1987(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2013
Welcome to the crew brother grin grin grin grin
Re: Near-death Experiences "Explained" by mkmyers45(m): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Iceman296: How did this Make FP?
Mods?
These Psychos Comparing Humans to Rat!

Brain chemistry of white mice is closer to that of humans than any other animal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Having Troubles With An Airtel 4g-mifi / New Tattoo Calls For Help When You Are Sick / Discover How You Can Easily Convert Any Generator's Engine To Run On Water And D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.