Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,474 members, 7,964,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 01:26 AM

Okagbare's 100m Flop - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare's 100m Flop (503 Views)

BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okagbare's 100m Flop by drleks: 9:14am On Aug 13, 2013
I watched Okagbare last nite ....and water runaway me eye!
Just like it happened last Olympics.....her nerves failed her (again). She really need to get over her stage fright....i thot her long jump feat would have given her a boost.

Asafa Powell of Jam. always falters at the biggest stage and would say "i panicked" as his excuse for failure.
What of our own Olapade Adeniken at the Barcelona '92 Olympics, he beat a certain Linford Christie once before the games.....then 3 times in two weeks after the games..

.....but crucially, came 6th at the final race of the 100m where it mattered: at the Olympics itself....where Linford emerged winner.

Blessing had already beaten all those finalists before the championship, she should learn to focus her energy to do it at the biggest stage (where it matters most).
Wish her well in the remaining races she would feature in.
She remains our Golden girl of athletics nonetheless!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cross Cable Trainer / Kwankwaso Makes Naira Rainin Kano / World Cup Qualifier Play Offfs Nigeria Vs Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.