Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,875 members, 7,942,191 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

What Do You Appreciate in Websites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do You Appreciate in Websites (969 Views)

New Forum . Will Appreciate Your Review / Please I'll Appreciate Your Comment. Tell Me What You Think: / What Would You Appreciate In A Bookshop Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Appreciate in Websites by fiercefact(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2005
What actually do you think you'll appreciate in web sites?

I appreciate designs a lot and I try as much as possible to make sites I design look artistical. But sometimes I think, "should I satisfy myself, the clients, or the spectators (those thst browse the site)"?
Re: What Do You Appreciate in Websites by kazey(m): 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2005
A good website should have the following features.

1. Well presented content: Meaning I should not be worrying about what the hec the site is about.
2. Browser Compatibility: I should be able to use any browser to view it without wondering what the hec went wrong.
3. Simple Graphics: Graphics that have relation with the content in particular, and not more than 30% of the site.
4. [/b]Loads fast: Sites code and images should be properly optimised, and should load fast for all internet connection with a maximum of 30s over 14.4k connection. IF it must be flash, atleast not more than 60s.
[b]4.
Colour Blending: Not more than 3 combination of colours and at most 4.
5. Compatible with all Resolutions: It should be viewable by all screen resolutions.

The rest such as customer satisfaction should be secondary, just have your own code of design. Meet up to it, and add your clients requirements, whilst still abiding by them. You wouldnt want your portfolio to be messy. Would you? Thats professionality.
Re: What Do You Appreciate in Websites by avocat(m): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2005
i get to talk (or is it write) to other nigerian about Nigeria. I can read Nigerians telling it as it is. Keep it up.
Re: What Do You Appreciate in Websites by my2cents(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2006
In addition to what others have said:

1) A site that has an easy-to-find (and use) search function

2) A site with easy-to-follow navigation

3) A site that has content relevant to what the site is about. Also, content must be short, simple, and sharp cool

4) A site with very few (if at all) flash, animations, and scrolling marquees

5) A site that doesn't take forever for me to load on my 56K modem grin
Re: What Do You Appreciate in Websites by katherinae(f): 4:43am On Oct 06, 2006
functionality, i have noticed that college websites are the worst, u cant navigate easily and u end up being fustrated and havin gto call the operator
Re: What Do You Appreciate in Websites by kheme(m): 8:41am On Oct 06, 2006
1. easy to navigate
2. functionality
3. relevance of content, images & animations
4. clearly defined purpose
5. download time
6. easy to remember domain name
7. easily available contacts info

well, that's all i can think of now!
Re: What Do You Appreciate in Websites by nuckecy(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2006
Simplicity

(1) (Reply)

Who Wants A Cheap But Beautiful And Compact Website? / Photo Gallery/slideshow: Just The Way I Like It / How Do I Turn My Domain Name To A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.