Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,471 members, 7,904,760 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

Web Development Pricing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Development Pricing (781 Views)

SEO Link Building Solutions Packages & Pricing. / What Is White Label Pricing Engine? / New Pricing For .com And .net Tlds By Icann (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Development Pricing by HC: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2008
Web development pricing

How much would you charge someone to take control of their website design / development? Would you be happy to accept a few hundred dollars for your time? After all, it’s just chucking a few images on a page and pasting in some text. Isn’t it?

Comments needed.
Re: Web Development Pricing by yawatide(f): 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2008
sure, depending on how often you do it. I mean, if it's once a week or month, sure but every day? i wd expect more than a couple hundred bucks.
Re: Web Development Pricing by uspry1(f): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2008
That is depend on:

-- how much size of images? (Concern about loading retrieved- - -download time)

-- what kind of text to copy and paste into web content area?

-- Do you furnish final edited text/content and images ready for web developer upload them to your web host?

-- what kind of server your web host use? Apache/Unix? Windows? also dedicated or public?

-- how often your website need to maintain update daily, weekly, monthly or yearly?

-- Is your web content/images stored in database or parsed external file?

-- if you hire web developer to do the job at your place (on-site), what kind of software you use on site for your web developer access to?

Actually when you show web developer all your text and images on your existing website for them to see, they (web developer) will tell you how much it cost to get the job done as estimate price quote quickly.
Re: Web Development Pricing by uspry1(f): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
For example if you have all 1,000 images of product and all 1,000 text descriptions in word document that you want to hire the web developer creating a new database-driven product catalog site for you if it has not set up on your existing website. The new product catalog will display three-column of all 1,000 images with text descriptions dynamically.

If you do not have registered your own domain, the developer will give you extra charge- - -some free to include basic web package. Every developer are different.

Depend on how much experienced developer has, the average to get this job done is 3 to 5 days to be completed. Some take 2-3 weeks job duration. Varied to different developer.

If 10,000 images with 10,000 text description, then the job duration will be done 3-weeks to one-two month. Like i said that is depend.

If you have only 5 images and only 500 words to be pasted on your web content---just ONE WEB PAGE, oh that is cute- - -one day less than 8 hours job duration completion.

Sorry that i did not give you out the charging fees above, because every developer are different---very competitive.
Re: Web Development Pricing by HC: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2008
Uspry1, i guess you are based in the United States. Are there are round rules on how a web developers charge clients?
Re: Web Development Pricing by uspry1(f): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2008
HC:

Uspry1, i guess you are based in the United States. Are there are round rules on how a web developers charge clients?

@HC

Yes, that is correc that I am based in the USA. I also experienced consulting clients finding the right web developer by reading their proposal submissions---but chose me the best qualification---REASON: LOW PRICE i won the bidding proposal to beat the games against HIGHEST EXPENSIVE WEB DEVELOPERS out there. In the USA, we have over 500,000 web developers/designers to be competed with.

There is no round rules on how a web developers charge clients. Because every web developers charge client are very different based on quality, experience, creative, effectively, accessiblity, and goes on. . ,

I suggest you to ask at least 3-5 web developers submitting their inital proposal covering the details what they offer you for pasting text/images on your existing site or additional charge for new site to register new domain name/web hosting.

Then you pick the web developer you feel the best qualification with lowest bidding proposal submission in order to hire for the job.

Just like you are the CEO of the company to hire the best qualified employee, you will feel overwhelmed receiving 3,000 CVs and have to go thru screening every CVs you pick one employee you feel the best for your company.

Same principle for hiring web developer you shop for and screen reading every web developer's proposal submissions to pick one you feel the best for your website development/designing job.

Suggest to choose 3-5 web developers to compare and choose one you feel the best for your web job.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Ebay Affiliate Program / Need Gurus On Swishmax Any Versions! / Google Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.