Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,125 members, 7,913,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 09:16 PM

Messi And Buffon Launch New School Network Promoted By Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Messi And Buffon Launch New School Network Promoted By Pope Francis (815 Views)

Xmas Tree; Pioneered By Pagans,patronized by Protestants,promoted By Profiteer / Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi And Buffon Launch New School Network Promoted By Pope Francis by nairaarea: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2013
August 13, 2013. (Romereports.com) Scholas Occurrentes is an international network of schools that the Vatican launched, supported by Pope Francis, to promote a culture of coexistence and respect between different cultures, protect the environment and to foster cooperation over competition. Lionel Messi is confident he can promote those values through soccer.

LIONEL MESSI
Captain, Argentine National Soccer Team
“Football lead me to many places, not just with the Argentine squad, also with Barcelona. Soccer is great and I think that it reaches the entire world. It's good that we lead by example in the field, because I think that soccer reaches all parts and that can be good.”

This project, under the direction of the Pontifical Academy for the Sciences, was inspired by a similar initiative that Pope Francis led as archbishop of Buenos Aires. The two soccer captains signed up the first few schools to the program.

PROF. JOSE MARIA DEL CORRAL
Coordinator, Scholas Occurrentes
“They are points of reference for young people. As a docent, as a teacher, I represent many educators who feel alone in Argentina, Italy and the world, knowing that what they have to do at times is not only difficult, but rather impossible. Yet we cannot throw the ball out because this game is about the youth, and so, for them and in their name, we will keep playing the game.”

Having Pope Francis near inspired the players to show their support with this new initiative, though which organizers hope thousands of schools worldwide will take part.

GIAN LUIGI BUFFON
Captain, Italian National Soccer Team
“I think it's a special day because we are lucky to have a special Pope. I think that we finally turn words into actions, the things that we many times tell ourselves to do, but then never do them. I think that with a Pope like this: who shows us the way, who warms our heart, who shakes our souls, it can be easier to be better and to do better things.”

The new non-profit network is open to any type of school or educational center that shares their ideals. Registration is available through their website, and the participating schools will receive materials to begin educational and social activities in the classroom, as well as as to allow them to share their experiences with the other schools taking part.

http://www.romereports.com/palio/messi-and-buffon-launch-new-school-network-promoted-by-pope-francis-english-10803.html#.UgsVf0og7Mw

Re: Messi And Buffon Launch New School Network Promoted By Pope Francis by UyiIredia(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2013
Good. The Catholic church is evolving. But can is their system still sustainable given my suspicion that priest initiation is dropping woefully ?
Re: Messi And Buffon Launch New School Network Promoted By Pope Francis by italo: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2013
I'm not sure that Priestly vocations are dropping woefully. Do you have any facts or reasonable sources to back that claim up?

I was watching EWTN recently and Bishop Dami Mamza of Yola was there and he said every year he receives 100 applications for the priesthood but unfortunately, he can only take 10 due to shortage of funds and facilities for their formation. A priest from Panama also said the same on the same program.

God will always raise up shephrrds for his flock.
Uyi Iredia: Good. The Catholic church is evolving. But can is their system still sustainable given my suspicion that priest initiation is dropping woefully ?

1 Like

Re: Messi And Buffon Launch New School Network Promoted By Pope Francis by italo: 11:46am On Aug 14, 2013
italo: I'm not sure that Priestly vocations are dropping woefully. Do you have any facts or reasonable sources to back that claim up?

I was watching EWTN recently and Bishop Dami Mamza of Yola was there and he said every year he receives 100 applications for the priesthood but unfortunately, he can only take 10 due to shortage of funds and facilities for their formation. A priest from Panama also said the same on the same program.

God will always raise up shephrrds for his flock.

And bear in mind that we are talking about Yola here...Adamawa...Boko Haram...

Yet they have 100 men in 365 days.

It's remarkable.

(1) (Reply)

Inviting Tithing Propagators- How Do You Know If Your Pastor Is A True Mog? / Message To All Lords Chosen By A Former Chosen Leader / Muslim Store Worker Refuses To Serve Customer B Buying Ham And Wine because Of Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.