Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,166 members, 7,939,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

An Insight To The Poor State Of Our Nigerian Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Insight To The Poor State Of Our Nigerian Education (492 Views)

Nigerian Education Sector Needs Attention (fynestboi) / Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year / Would You Drop Your Nigerian Education To Study Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Insight To The Poor State Of Our Nigerian Education by opeshe2(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2013
it is so ironical that nothing works here in a country with sufficient human and material resources. on several occasions, tales have been told on the decay in the country's education sector, where there are series of policy somersault and no reasonable body has identified the problem(s) in a bid to proffer a lasting solution. most of the agencies charged with quality enhancement in our education sectors are becoming less relevant because most of them don't know their role and jurisdiction. my humble question is this, must everyone be a university graduate? i would say no because there is more to life than being a university graduate if only our government is as effective as they ought to be. what is the essence of vocational/technical school if they are not properly utilized. the major problem this country is facing emanated from this sector as it is the back bone of any thriving economy no wonder our economy is at a state of regular reverse. who would help salvage the situation, most teachers are not even helping matters, all they are after is their monthly salary not the knowledge they transmit. most lecture materials in all level of education are archaic in nature which makes them less relevant to the present day problems in a nut shell, i do say that the education sector is not research oriented, lack the needed man power, misplaced priority, ineffective in areas of supervision, is not competitive in nature and lack foresight.
many at times i begin to wonder how our leaders get to sleep at night when they are fully aware that they did not achieve what they are being paid to do, how do they justify their pay? this is not just about the politicians alone it also balls down on lecturers who don't publish any write-up or even update their lecture note. this is so sad as most of them are even agitating for a salary increment under ASUU. we need to seriously rebrand our education sector to avoid massive out-put of untrained graduate. most of us are victims of this educational challenge guess we need to raise a voice to question NANS National Association Of Nigerian Students on their relevance to the education sector and moves being made to revive the sector. lets consider the future of our young generation and expose more ills in this sector to move forward.

(1) (Reply)

Students Gives Fg , ASUU Seven Days Ultimatum To End Strike / Ekiti State Scholarship&bursary 2013/2014 Closing Date Vs ASUU Strike / FUTMINNA Releases 2013/2014 Direct Entry/ Pre-degree Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.