Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,002 members, 7,939,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop (900 Views)

Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing / Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop by pheesayor(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2013
Some months ago, we published pictures of blocked drainage channels at mile 2 bus stop on the newly constructed service of the Lagos-Badagry expressway, nothing has been done about it. Unknown to many, not only mile 2 is blocked but every bus-stop on that route has their drainage channels stuck with dirt and sand thereby leaving no outlet for water from rainfall which the drainage was originally meant for.

The cause of this might not be unconnected with the trading that takes place at those bus-stops as only bus stops are blocked, other areas are free from blockage.

We appeal to the Lagos State Government and all relevant agencies (Ministry of environment and Emergency Flood Abatement Department), even as we have made a complaint through their website moelagos.org, to look into this as a matter of urgency, the rains might have reduced but we shouldn't wait till the rain returns before doing something about this.

These pictures are from both sides of Orile bus stop.

Sourcehttp://www.watchinglagos.com/2013/08/stuffed-drainages-at-orile-pictures.html

Re: Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop by naptu2: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
It's very important that the drainages are cleared so that the rainwater does not damage the new road.

I remember reading two articles about the activities of the traders on that axis. One article was about a policeman who injured people and was eventually killed when he was deployed to clear traders from the road.

In the other article, the Governor said that something will be done about the traders when the road is completed. He said that they are being tolerated at the moment because he believes that the road construction work might be negatively affecting their business.

I propose that they should set up a Kai base in that area.
Re: Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop by pheesayor(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
naptu2: It's very important that the drainages are cleared so that the rainwater does not damage the new road.

I remember reading two articles about the activities of the traders on that axis. One article was about a policeman who injured people and was eventually killed when he was deployed to clear traders from the road.

In the other article, the Governor said that something will be done about the traders when the road is completed. He said that they are being tolerated at the moment because he believes that the road construction work might be negatively affecting their business.

Do you mean those traders will be allowed to occupy that plaza after completion? I doubt it. Instead they can be allowed to trade far away from the drainage channels
Re: Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
naptu2: It's very important that the drainages are cleared so that the rainwater does not damage the new road.

You know very well those traders you are asking to be removed from that axis of the road...they will cry to GEJ again.
Re: Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop by tpia5: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
maybe they need robots which can clean the canals.
Re: Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop by pheesayor(m): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Mods frontpage ooo, this issue has been there for so long and we need to bring it to their attention whichever way we can, taxpayers money was used to build those drains and they are currently being mis-used.
Re: Flood Alert: Blocked Drainage At Orile bus stop by pheesayor(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
It is even getting worse, Agboju that has not been completed is getting filled with dirt already angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano / Vatican Ask US Firm To Probe Real Estate Accounts / Abeg Why Does PHCN Take Light Whenever It Rains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.