Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,017 members, 7,939,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano (900 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by kingbang: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
As the November 16, 2013 gubernatorial election in Anambra State draws nearer, the Paramount Ruler of Onitsha and the custodian of the largest commercial city in West Africa, Igwe Nnanyelugo Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe has endorsed Chief Willie Obiano, the gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

While receiving the APGA Team led by the National Chairman of the party, Chief Victor Umeh, the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi and Chief Willie Obiano and other party stalwarts, the traditional ruler commended the party for finally redressing the imbalance in the political leadership of the state by choosing a candidate from the hitherto neglected Anambra North Senatorial District as its flag-bearer.

He expressed satisfaction that the loud clamour of his people for equity and fairness in the affairs of Anambra State had begun to receive the desired attention, pointing out that the choice of Obiano was appropriate as the candidate has a very impressive background.

The Obi of Onitsha, however, reminded the APGA candidate that the challenge of providing effective leadership to Ndi Anambra was an enormous responsibility which would require extra-effort and divine guidance at every stage of the way.

He expressed optimism that Chief Obiano, who is renowned for his technocratic skills in the management of human and natural resources, would rise to the occasion.

In his speech, Governor Peter Obi assured Igwe Achebe that he would not relent in his effort to upgrade infrastructure in Onitsha and the surrounding towns in a manner that would position the city as one of the five major cities in Nigeria.

Governor Obi also assured the traditional ruler that Chief Obiano was a capable administrator with a vast network of contacts across Nigeria and overseas and would be very comfortable in continuing the revolution that is going on in Anambra State.

In his response, Chief Obiano assured Igwe Achebe that he was well aware of the importance of sustaining the momentum of governance that Governor Peter Obi had begun in Anambra State and was adequately prepared to lead the charge.

“I come from a background of efficient service and my years of exposure to the best practices in the management of human and natural resources at the highest level in the corporate world have prepared me to continue that great tradition that Governor Obi has started and take it to a higher level,” he declared.

Chief Obiano further explained that he had produced a comprehensive blueprint for the accelerated development of the state which he calls The 10-Pillars of Development which effectively covers the key areas that require immediate intervention in the state, quickly adding: “I am aware of my place in history. I consider my involvement in this gubernatorial race a historical call to service. I can assure you and the people of Onitsha and indeed my good people of Anambra State that I will not let you all down. I am a banker. A banker is nothing without his word. I keep my word!”

Earlier in his opening remarks, the National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh had explained that the party’s choice of Obiano was informed by its belief that the ex-banker has an impressive background and proven competencies that would help sustain the state on its steady march to progress.

According to him, Obiano’s past responsibilities have adequately prepared him to appreciate the multi-pronged model of governance that APGA has entrenched in the state which has found interpretation in ANIDS that has totally transformed Anambra into an industrial hub of note in Nigeria, ranking next only to Lagos.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/anambra-election-obi-onitsha-endorses-apga-candidate-obiano
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2013
As a father to all....he will give his blessing and endorse all candidates that seek his blessing.

No big deal.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by kingbang: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
ilugunboy: As a father to all....he will give his blessing and endorse all candidates that seek his blessing.

No big deal.

Story! He practically endorsed him. Read the article again, this time SLOWLY! Achebe has been an advocate of zoning the governorship to Anambra North and he is happy his wish has come true. Deal with it!
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by Kingsley1000(m): 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
Fake news! The same obi that wasnt satisfied with apga's...*underhand*system of primaries they conducted?
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by gleaf: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
Agbogidi!!! Ogbu onye mbosi ndu na aguu a!!! Gbom gbo yaya!!
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by Clerverly: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Igbo Enwe Eze! Achebe is speaking for himself cool Sai Ngige!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by pontirock(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
Dat doesn't mean he is goin 2 win d election
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
As if endorsing Obiano is an automatic victory for APGA. Don't worry Igwe,you will extend your blessings and endorsement to Ngige when he comes visiting you in your palace. No shaking,all na for protocol to be observed. grin
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by BrokenTV: 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
Clerverly: Igbo Enwe Eze! Achebe is speaking for himself cool Sai Ngige!!
you and your master are going to fail come next month.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by BrokenTV: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=Clerverly]
you and your master are going to fail come next month.
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by kingbang: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
Clerverly: Igbo Enwe Eze! Achebe is speaking for himself cool Sai Ngige!!

When Agbogidi speaks, Onicha Ado listens. Keep on deceiving yourself but come November 16, your eyes go open.
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by kingbang: 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Kingsley1000: Fake news! The same obi that wasnt satisfied with apga's...*underhand*system of primaries they conducted?

Please show us the link to this your beer parlor garbage story. Keep on living in denial until November 16. o ga emegi voom na anya!
Re: Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Endorses APGA Candidate, Obiano by Noneroone(m): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
kingbang:

When Agbogidi speaks, Onicha Ado listens. Keep on deceiving yourself but come November 16, your eyes go open.
...And you think 90% of Onitsha residents are indigenes eh? Think twice.

(1) (Reply)

Vatican Ask US Firm To Probe Real Estate Accounts / Abeg Why Does PHCN Take Light Whenever It Rains / News Breaking Over 30 Apc Supporters Killed In The Church As The Boo Apga-Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.