Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,797 members, 7,935,409 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:59 AM

Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme (1116 Views)

How We’ll Fund N5,000 Welfare Scheme —lai Mohammed / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. / Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Donchyke39(m): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Anambra state governor, Mr. Peter Obi, has launched a unique social security scheme of one billion naira welfare package for over thirty thousand non pensionable indigent senior citizens of above 75 years of age and above in the state.

The scheme which provides the initial one billion naira has been passed into law by the state House of Assembly under the Anambra state Indigent Relief Law and covers a period of six months with effect from July first to December, 2013.

The event which took place at the place at the Women Development Center, Awka, presented the governor with the opportunity to enkindle hope in the hearts of the ageing men and women that came for the occasion.

Launching the Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme, the governor announced that the initial one billion naira provided for the project would cover from July to December this year having been signed into law by the State House of Assembly.

He said the state has a special account for the project in which his administration has saved enough for the first six months and would continue to save in order that the scheme does not die or suffer set back in any way even as he was not aiming at encumbering his successor.

He assured the people of the sound planning policy of his administration which translated to necessary measures that would ensure continuity and sustainability of projects initiated by him.

http://news.bestnaira.com/posts/view/gov-obi-launches-indigent-adult-welfare-scheme

Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
Emphasis Indigene!!!!
But when Fashola send ibo packing out of Ladipo and reallocate such for Yorubas, don:'t shout one Nigeria or no mans land
Otu_nnegi_there: Do you have a problem with comprehension or you don't know the difference between indigene and indigent?
Now where in my post did you see Indigent? or are you suffering from glaucoma?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by MaximusDMeridux: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
ibos are only good at taking a cue from the SW. Until Governor Fashola pointed up the breadth of the Social Welfare for Lagosians, obi was busy sleeping at the till playing tribal games like a little kid. I hope you come to pack the rest of your people back to you lands!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
seanet02: Emphasis Indigene!!!!
But when Fashola send ibo packing out of Ladipo and reallocate such for Yorubas, don:'t shout one Nigeria or no mans land
Do you have a problem with comprehension or you don't know the difference between indigene and indigent?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Asoozy: 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there: Do you have a problem with comprehension or you don't know the difference between indigene and indigent?

Indigent is a derivative of indigene.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
It's a good scheme. Kudos to Obi.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
But I think he's setting it up for political purpose. Why July to December when there's an election in November?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Asoozy:

You dey mind the f0.0.l?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Asoozy:

SMH seriously at the quality of products our educational institutions throw up.

Indigent = A needy person.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Asoozy: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there: SMH seriously at the quality of products our educational institutions throw up.

You are actually right.

Goofed on that one.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Asoozy: 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
Prof Corruption: But I think he's setting it up for political purpose. Why July to December when there's an election in November?

True.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
Asoozy:

You are actually right.

Goofed on that one.
No hard feelings mate. We all goof once in awhile.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
seanet02:
You dey mind the f0.0.l?
See how you and the lunatic that liked your post just made fools of yourselves.

Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there: SMH seriously at the quality of products our educational institutions throw up.

lol
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Your flat head surely is your greatest undoing
Do you want me to start giving you English tutorial free of charge like that... , moreover when your lineage and forefathers have proven time and time to be an utterly ungrateful set of people
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
seanet02:
Do you want me to start giving you English tutorial free of charge like that... , moreover when your lineage and forefathers have proven time and time to be an utterly ungrateful set of people
Dude, be careful or else I'll invoke my username on you.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
seanet02:

Yorubas are better than this

You must be one of the worst

its a toss up between you and dayokanu i.e. if both of you are not the same person
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
i was only urging him to do that so that we can have another excuse to send packing all ibos in Lagos civil service
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
mikeansy:

Yorubas are better than this

You must be one of the worst

its a toss up between you and dayokanu i.e. if both of you are not the same person
I typed Indigene and not Indigent or are you also a cataract patient?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there: Dude, be careful or else I'll invoke my username on you.
You are probably blind..
"Emphasis Indigene" was what i wrote not "Emphasis Indigent"
It is a call to action....olodo.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
seanet02:

LMFAO! Someone that doesn't know the meaning of 'indigent' wanting to teach me English language? I seriously advise you get yourself enrolled in an adult education class ASAP. To think that you have Baba Awo's picture on your profile says a lot about Baba Awo's free education.

Now, tell me how you are different from that Edo teacher who couldn't read her age declaration affidavit.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
Asoozy:

seanet02:
You dey mind the f0.0.l?
seanet02:
You are probably blind..
"Emphasis Indigene" was what i wrote not "Emphasis Indigent"
It is a call to action....olodo.

You just keep compounding your case.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there:

You just keep compounding your case.
You dey craze?
Where did i typed Indigent?
i called your lame Gov. to action so i we can quickly clear ladipo
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
seanet02:
You dey craze?
Where did i typed Indigent?
i called your lame Gov. to action so i we can quickly clear ladipo

Now where in my post did you see Indigent? or are you suffering from glaucoma?
where in the original post did you see the word 'indigene'?

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a f00l
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Ikengawo: 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
YORUBAS HAVE THOROUGHLY EMBARRASSED THEMSELVES HERE
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by seanet02: 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there: where in the original post did you see the word 'indigene'?

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a f00l
Yeah, you right, it was because it was missing there that i decided to call him to action
Alabi must be fumigated and weeded
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Asoozy: 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there:

LMFAO! Someone that doesn't know the meaning of 'indigent' wanting to teach me English language? I seriously advise you get yourself enrolled in an adult education class ASAP. To think that you have Baba Awo's picture on your profile says a lot about Baba Awo's free education.

Now, tell me how you are different from that Edo teacher who couldn't read her age declaration affidavit.

What us your problem exactly?

I made the gaff, to which I owned up to so why are you still barking up the wrong tree?

Did Seanet make the error?
Annoying forker!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
seanet02:
Yeah, you right, it was because it was missing there that i decided to call him to action
Alabi must be fumigated and weeded
Dude, you ain't winning this case. Why did you support the following post?
Asoozy:

With this;

seanet02:
You dey mind the f0.0.l?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
Asoozy:

I made the gaff, to which I owned up to so why are you still barkup the wrong tree?

Annoying forker!
For involving your self in a battle that doesn't involve you, I invoke my username on you.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Asoozy: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there: Dude, you ain't winning this case. Why did you support the following post?

With this;

Go and slump in a corner jo!

An ibo man writes one correct phrase in his lifetime and e no go let us hear word again.

Rubbish!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Asoozy: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
Otu_nnegi_there: For involving your self in a battle that doesn't involve you, I invoke my username on you.

...and I redirect it at not only your family but the entire Igbo race.

Anuofia!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme by Otunnegithere: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
Asoozy:

I made the gaff, to which I owned up to so why are you still barkup the wrong tree?

Annoying forker!

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: How Tambuwal Plotted With Atiku, Wamakko, Others To Break PDP / MUST WATCH: Shocking Video Of 17 Year Old Mother Trying To Kill Her Baby In Hosp / Are We Against Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.